Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - with 2023 finals on the line, GWS win by +100 / Nov4 = 7000 days since last final win / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question.

Does anyone think * have the list to rise above mediocrity? I mean there list has a Swiss cheese look about it. I reckon them and Aints are in big trouble
Nope. I think they are indeed in some real trouble as they need more bottom end talent.

I was at the game this year against them and for most of the game, it was just comical. I am not sure how they can contend above maybe 8th or 7th position. They are us before we capitulated but on a worse scale because their senior leadership simply doesn't have enough grunt or class.

Brad will make them better by giving them at least AFL-standard coaching and tactics, but the talent just isn't there. Traded too many picks away (Dylan Shiel trade still continues to haunt them lol) when they should've prioritised the draft a little more after hit and miss seasons between 2009-15. They haven't really got the kahunas to go full rebuild as that will piss off fans being led to believe they are better than what results are showing and their board needs a cleanout with some new direction. Not to mention they broke Herbatron.

They are the example of a footy club that should've made the difficult choices a long time ago but didn't and have nothing to show for it. I am looking forward to how we go against them next season. Reckon the odds will be neck-and-neck if not in our favour. Our midfield is far better and more dangerous than their midfield especially with Clarko plus his disciples.

They are the trajectory of us if we didn't bottom out. Stuck in the middle, not going anywhere and not achieving anything. The difference being we have a conscious and don't backstab our own lol.

I have very little confidence (if any), they will make top 6. Everything about their list screams top 8 at best making up the numbers. I would dissect each player they have but they are simply not worth my spare time.

Last edited:
"I'm big on trying to get players into the role that suits them best, not trying to push them into a role that the team needs."

*in' Hell is Scott peddling some s**t. Was absolutely elite at putting square pegs in round holes in his attempt to have us execute the perfect gameplan.

"I'm big on trying to get players into the role that suits them best, not trying to push them into a role that the team needs."

*in' Hell is Scott peddling some s**t. Was absolutely elite at putting square pegs in round holes in his attempt to have us execute the perfect gameplan.
Terry tan wallet would be so proud of the jibberish

Clueless.

The funny thing is Brad even admitted to playing them if they were available before Boomer, Petrie and Spud were sacked.

Brad will find his favourites and put them on a permanent 'role player' responsibility racking up elite numbers like 15 possessions, 1 tackle and 65% DE.

Ezpz.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

I'm loving my Essendon acquaintances having to swallow s**t after years of attacking Bard's mannerisms in the coaches box. Apparently now they have a coach with passion after Worsfold and Rutten. Bahahaha
355A82D0-7591-4B76-ACF4-91603B2DA813.jpeg

Wowsers 36,538. I think * are suggesting a finals win is still a ways off.
They do seem ok with it though
Oh well indeed.

It's actually;

365, 381,210,183,345

Three hundred & sixty-five trillion three hundred & eighty one billion two hundred & ten million, one-hundred & eighty three thousand and three-hundred forty-five.

( l cropped the picture ) Sorry.

Essendon.jpg

It's actually;

365, 381,210,183,345

Three hundred & sixty-five trillion three hundred & eighty one billion two hundred & ten million, one-hundred & eighty three thousand and three-hundred forty-five.

( l cropped the picture ) Sorry.

View attachment 1572998

And Brad would be coaching with his head preserved in a glass jar. And still, be banging on about sustained success.

Good grief.

The dumpster fire just keeps on smouldering ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back