Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macca @ 3/4 time

19396609_10208852084570935_5400895413856615887_n.jpg

Was on an afternoon shift yesterday and saw none of the game.

Just watched the last 2 minutes video GR posted.

How in all honesty did they manage to lose the game? I can count at least four occasions in the last 2 minutes where you should've been able to put your glasses dow and say this ones over.

WTF was McKenna doing not chasing on the wing during the leadup to Newman's goal? Kennedy practically unpressured kicking into the F50

Great mark from Daniher in the D50, but a long bomb to the shortest player on your list in the corridor is a recipe for disaster

Goddard not just torping the s**t out of it from the D50 and having the lackadaisical arrogance to stroll out while Papley does the right thing and rushes him

Having Rohan one-out in the goalsquare.. letting Franklin run through the contest and absorb the attention of all your players.. not having anyone goalside of Rampe..

Extraordinary in its shitness. When Daniher took that mark in the D50 with a minute left & the Swans still had to score twice to win the game, I was wondering how any organised team could possibly concede twice.

Search me how they did it. Amazing.

OK, here is something I've been saving up for a while...

I occasionally have some inside football information that I post discretely or not at all. Occasionally I PM certain folk who I know have an interest in one topic or another because I'm not into pissing contests and it's just not important enough to me that I would risk exposing the people I have relationships with to big note myself. And like most people, most of the time I don't know anything anyway. You can go back over my posting history and find I have rarely expressed my opinion as a statement of fact and, on the few occasions that I have, I have also been correct.

So, with that attempt at establishing credibility, I will share some personal experience on this subject...

I am now embarrassed to admit that the *scum was, in the past, an almost second team for me. I apologise to everyone associated with NMFC, the AFL, Bigfooty and anyone with a moral compass for this. There is no adequate explanation for my past attitude and, whilst my mother, sister and good mate (who occasionally trolls here in a way that makes me laugh) are all fans of the *scum, I appreciate there is no excuse for the poor judgement I have displayed in the past. It is with unequivocal remorse and embarrassment that I acknowledge this now, purely to explain that when the saga broke some years ago now, my original reaction informed with little more intel than was in the public domain, was one of fear and sadness that the naïve and ill-informed judgement of a few well meaning and hitherto respected football people, would result in their trial-by-media, potential resignation and temporary absence from the football world before admonishment, admission of regret and all-is-forgiven return to football (i.e. they would 'do a Carey').

However, like most reasonable lovers of football, my outrage has grown over the months and years during which the *scum and *Hird have denied, lied, covered up, blamed and misdirected. My outrage has grown as I have talked with people (good and less good) who have been impacted by the bewildering immorality and lack of genuine remorse of the *club and everyone at the centre of this disgrace.

My reason for posting this now is that a straw finally broke my back this week as I spoke to a genuinely decent person who was closely and deeply associated with * as the saga broke and unfolded. This person was, to that point, as passionately supportive of their club as many here are of NMFC. This person told me that I was wrong about the senior people at *. In very specific terms, I learned that they were not naïve, ill-informed or well meaning at all. They were, in the most cold, callous and calculated way, interested only in protecting * and themselves. There was no interest in honesty, transparency, cooperation or integrity. But most damningly, there was no interest in the wellbeing of the players. The players were perceived as cattle to be injected to increase their capacity as livestock and to be manipulated to manage competitive, reputational, financial, legal and political outcomes. The WADA code was a series of loopholes to be navigated and exploited and neither guidance for fair play nor a device for protecting the wellbeing of young men. Most disturbingly, this attitude continues today. In other words, the half-truths and maybe lies perpetrated by Fairfax have been confirmed as whole truths and not lies at all by someone who was there.

The conduct of * was so appalling to the person I spoke with this week, that they have taken the only action a good person could take. They permanently severed all ties to *. I'm not sure if this person was interviewed by ASADA. I didn't ask, but I doubt it. If there is ever a WorkCover investigation, and there should be, then I hope they are interviewed. Certainly, if John Gresham ever writes a novel based on the true story, then a dedicated and brilliant lawyer might hunt down this person on a bayou somewhere and convince them to testify.

In the meantime, is the cub greater than any individual? Certainly at *, this attitude is embraced in the most literal sense, even when it extends to the physical and mental health of the players it is legally and morally obliged to protect. At * the club is also greater than the laws of the game, the game itself, the WADA code and common decency.

Perhaps there is nothing new in this post other than the source. But be confident, in fact be certain, in the knowledge that * has callously and consistently acted in its own self-interest and considered the health of its athletes only to the extent that it supported its competitive, reputational, legal and financial agenda. I will add my own opinion based on my conversation this week that, whist this disgrace has largely left the public arena for now, I believe it will return either through legal process or through further consequences of the most toxic * culture which perpetuates today.

snipped

I will add my own opinion based on my conversation this week that, whist this disgrace has largely left the public arena for now, I believe it will return either through legal process or through further consequences of the most toxic * culture which perpetuates today.
Fortunately some of us around here who know how organisational cover ups work recognised the stench eminating from * once the story broke.

I'd love the full dealings to come to light but seriously believe that * and to some extent the AFL will go to extreme measures to ensure that the full story of what happened at * will remain buried.

I'm guessing your friend isn't willing to blow the whistle... but if they are I'm sure Messrs Baker and McKenzie wouldn't mind listening.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Are they still there?!?!? Is anyone?!?!?
They're out there breaking the big stories. Whether they want to delve back into the * mess though is another thing.

They're out there breaking the big stories. Whether they want to delve back into the * mess though is another thing.

They have written all they can given defamation law being what it is. That I know for a fact.

Go back and read the stuff about planning to take the drugs to market. That's where they got stopped.

Interesting thing in Hun sport gossip column suggesting a tell all book that won't be kind to many key players is on its way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...meanwhile the ol' spin meister Sheeds was on MMM this morning, explaining how he is hoping to get *Hirdy back into the fold real soon, talking up his bravery and explaining away the largest systematic performance enhancing drug program in Australian sporting history as a "muck up with supplements". Yeah, that's a pretty accurate description and not in any way designed to downplay the seriousness of it.

One thing we have all predicted from this whole exercise is that the only thing * would learn from this whole exercise is to not get caught next time. Onya Sheeds for confirming that.

Last edited:
They have written all they can given defamation law being what it is. That I know for a fact.

Go back and read the stuff about planning to take the drugs to market. That's where they got stopped.

Interesting thing in Hun sport gossip column suggesting a tell all book that won't be kind to many key players is on its way.

Bruce The Goose's or the Sea Kayaker's???

My cynicism detector went off the charts early in the piece.

It was stretching the boundaries of credibility to believe 90% of the flatulence was emanating from "windy" hill.

This leads to a good segway that accurately describes both the topic of "windy" & the scum footy department.

As always with Essendon their hubris will be their downfall. They are so keen to get Hirdy back and pretend the whole disaster never happened that they will rush things and have him back in some grand ceremony.

Then the real s**t will come out and they'll have to a-hole him all over again.

As long as Stephen Dank walks this Earth the Bombers have a massive question mark over their heads.

As always with Essendon their hubris will be their downfall. They are so keen to get Hirdy back and pretend the whole disaster never happened that they will rush things and have him back in some grand ceremony.

As long as Stephen Dank walks this Earth the Bombers have a massive question mark over their heads.

Careful, you'll have Trump citing a 'Johnny Depp' injunction on you shortly........

Careful, you'll have Trump citing a 'Johnny Depp' injunction on you shortly........

Charter too. He's got form.

Charter and Dank both know what was supplied and when and who OKd it.

For various reasons both are keeping their traps shut at the moment.

But the reasons keeping those mouths closed can change in an instant.

For mine, Dank figures it is worth more to him to be seen as being solid, keep his mouth shut, for his business.

But if say he had very sudden cashflow problems and needed to pay some debts to people who collect debts with great vigour and using innovative methods, then he knows whenever he wants he can get a million dollar plus payday by spilling his guts.

Charter too. He's got form.

Charter and Dank both know what was supplied and when and who OKd it.

For various reasons both are keeping their traps shut at the moment.

But the reasons keeping those mouths closed can change in an instant.

For mine, Dank figures it is worth more to him to be seen as being solid, keep his mouth shut, for his business.

But if say he had very sudden cashflow problems and needed to pay some debts to people who collect debts with great vigour and using innovative methods, then he knows whenever he wants he can get a million dollar plus payday by spilling his guts.

I don't think money can flush every person out, and who is to know if person/s have copped large slings to maintain their silence?

However, a threat that can't be bought, would be a different matter.

Charters, for example, appeared as a crown witness in a case where he admitted to precursor importation and gave evidence against his co-accused. No doubt to get himself a discount at sentencing.

Self preservation is an instinct that he obviously possesses.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/679576/jury-still-out-on-drug-case/

Please, please, please God, let this happen.

It won't unless criminal charges appear. I can't see that happening now.

Yeah agreed, I think the Bombers ... more accurately Hirdy ... will get away the worst of it - the using the players as guinea pigs to test their new wonder drugs they then planned to take to market.

All of their supporters are arrogant filthy grubs, can dish it but can't take it.

I remember at the 2014 elimination final they were up by 30+ points and hanging s**t on me and my mates, we came back and won... needless to say there was a punch on.
Good. I hope you gave them a jolly good thrashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back