Syria 2012 - the year of blood

Remove this Banner Ad

0_141a84_c0e348bd_XL.png

So based on Turkey's own released radar the Russian jet was in their airspace for like 15 seconds?

Yep. The Su-24 flew over Turkish airspace (according to them) for a grand total of 15-19 seconds

12243149_921029467989419_2960287688061863335_n.jpg

Have noticed the US of late seem quite content to let another superpower police the world and get bogged down in a ME crisis. Not sure if by design or apathy, but Obama has played this beautifully.

Putin would have factored one of these in. There'll be no retaliation beyond some Turkmen militia groups getting to experience the wonder that is the fuel-air explosive.

The Turks need to be seen to be doing this as well. And there's no guarantee that the political leaders in Turkey would have authorised this, or whether it was a "deep state" decision by the military.

They do another though, and I hear it gets pretty cold in Ankara in winter.

Putin will shut the gas off on them like he did to the Ukranians.

Have noticed the US of late seem quite content to let another superpower police the world and get bogged down in a ME crisis. Not sure if by design or apathy, but Obama has played this beautifully.

This has been my theory all along. Obama very happy to create the world's biggest shitfight that occupies everyone while the US "pivots" to China.

Haven't read it. Have read a few of her articles, not that many. She is probably a bit better than the Daily Mail but not hugely. Cant think of many UK journos that write really well on foreign affairs off the top of my head. Is the Finkster still floating about?

Jason Burke of The Observer/Guardian is by far and away the best of any journo doing this stuff.

NATO is going to hold an emergency meeting at Turkey's request.

While they are at that meeting, France and Belgium can possibly point to the soldiers on the streets of Brussels and ask the Turks to shut down the Da'esh supply lines.

Jesus you have to unlucky to get hit by one of those things. As accurate as Lindsay Thomas when he had the yips.

Mate of mine was in a car in Libya that copped a direct hit from an RPG. Only person in there to survive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VERY fast, it seems!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...d-letter-exposes-turkeys-hair-trigger-reality

In other words, as Sputnik put it earlier this evening, "according to those numbers, the Su-24 would have had to be flying at stall speed."

The Su-24's max speed is 1,320 km/hour.

So if we assume the Su-24 was actually going much faster, was 17 seconds more like 5 seconds? Or perhaps even less?

This has been my theory all along. Obama very happy to create the world's biggest shitfight that occupies everyone while the US "pivots" to China.

I think Hanlon's Razor explains Obama's actions.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

We have a nominally Christian Europe and Christian America (allied to an increasingly Islamist state - Turkey) warning a nominally orthodox Christian state (Russia) not to respond to an attack (by Turkey) as the orthodox state fights against Islamist rebels (supported by Turkey) who are seeking to undermine a sovereign secular state - a state which is liberating what is left of Christian villages following a genocide conducted by Islamist rebels. Is this not insane? How did it come to this?

Face it...There is already an Islamic State in Saudi Arabia...Turkey and Jordan are trending in that direction....Egypt was saved by the Military Putsch - but for how long? Afghanistan is on the edge.....so on and so on... IS is an expansionist move by this group of spiritual criminals to annex the Oil fields of Syria and Iraq......and......

The US, whose economy would collapse if it were not so, is propped up by the 'petro-dollar' deal arranged between that Psycho-President Nixon (aren't they all) and the Saudi Kingship in 1973.....sooooo....the 'Elite's' economic hegemony is very dependent on the survival of this relationship, hence their unwavering support for the Saudi regime. Qaddafi and Saddam found out quick-smart what happens if you endeavor to un-hitch from the petro-dollar scam.

We have a nominally Christian Europe and Christian America (allied to an increasingly Islamist state - Turkey) warning a nominally orthodox Christian state (Russia) not to respond to an attack (by Turkey) as the orthodox state fights against Islamist rebels (supported by Turkey) who are seeking to undermine a sovereign secular state - a state which is liberating what is left of Christian villages following a genocide conducted by Islamist rebels. Is this not insane? How did it come to this?

Face it...There is already an Islamic State in Saudi Arabia...Turkey and Jordan are trending in that direction....Egypt was saved by the Military Putsch - but for how long? Afghanistan is on the edge.....so on and so on... IS is an expansionist move by this group of spiritual criminals to annex the Oil fields of Syria and Iraq......and......

The US, whose economy would collapse if it were not so, is propped up by the 'petro-dollar' deal arranged between that Psycho-President Nixon (aren't they all) and the Saudi Kingship in 1973.....sooooo....the 'Elite's' economic hegemony is very dependent on the survival of this relationship, hence their unwavering support for the Saudi regime. Qaddafi and Saddam found out quick-smart what happens if you endeavor to un-hitch from the petro-dollar scam.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Russia continues to destroy Turkey-bound Daesh oil trucks and supply trucks going the other way. Sadly there's no subtitles, but the destruction speaks for itself.

The bottom image took place in Azez, which is a Syria/Turkey border town

u43e9oCJUBie1GkdlPFrMtHn4_syb57A1HSsI0Gh0A2gWkFnot9ogVHgHGZt0WFAtd93O58ZLXhk0A4OqB-46Xw-dYHZB5Kvx6nVxdizLyb5iwNF3EyPlp08cQByUlK7gWoX53M

“If Turkey is destroying it, we don’t see any smoke or flames from burning oil. Again, we’re talking about amounts on an industrial scale. A plant would have to be built to destroy that much oil. None of that is really happening. If top level leaders in Turkey know nothing about this, then tell them now. I admit that there may be some elements of corruption or collusion. Let them figure it out. However, we have no doubt about this oil going straight to Turkey. We can see it from the air: fully laden trucks go there and come back empty. Then again, they leave terrorist-held Syria for Turkey fully loaded, and return empty. We see it every day.

Putin yesterday.

http://johnhelmer.net/?p=14674#more-14674

I think Hanlon's Razor explains Obama's actions.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Obama a lot of things, but he isn't stupid.

He's long term.

His legacy may well be keeping America out of the worst Middle Eastern adventure ever.

(He has faced down AIPAC power)

The J-15 warplanes will take off from the Chinese Liaoning-CV-16 aircraft carrier, which reached Syrian shores on September 26, according to DEBKAfile. This will be a landmark event for Beijing: its first military operation in the Middle East as well the carrier’s first taste of action in conditions of real combat.Thursday night, China’s foreign minister Wang Yi, made this comment on the Syrian crisis at a UN Security Council session in New York: “The world cannot afford to stand by and look on with folded arms, but must also not arbitrarily interfere (in the crisis).”

http://greenlifes.net/news/1119-urg...mlsia-in-syria-air-raids-buckle-up-folks.html

If the Chinese were to commit the Liaoning and a battle group to the fight in Syria I can't see how this would not be a 'world war'. Syrian State forces, China, Russia, Iran, the United States, Australia, France, Turkey, (by way of financing and contribution of arms) Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, you can throw in non-state-but-militarily-contributing actors Iraqi and Lebanese Hezbollah, Kurdish factions the YPG and Peshmerga, and of course the Daesh forces, the Free Syrian Army, al Nusra, the Jaish al Fatah...

Even without China it's getting pretty crowded in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back