Analysis Syria is better than Queensland - official thread

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagen the fixture is released and we have them up there Round 1.

Then this thread will blossom!

I’d be pretty happy with that. After all, there are many worse places than Damascus to play round 1 - e.g. Brisbane.

I’d be pretty happy with that. After all, there are many worse places than Damascus to play round 1 - e.g. Brisbane.

We should look into selling a home game in Damascus imo if the Tassie thing ends.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kurdish refugees in South-East Queensland are anxiously watching the unfolding battle between Turkey and Kurdish forces in north-eastern Syria.
Key points:
  • Yazidi refugees say they have been unable to speak to family members trapped in northern Syria
  • Hazm Khudedo says he was one of thousands saved by Kurdish fighters from IS militants
  • Toowoomba's Yazidis called on the Federal Government to speak out in defence of Syria's Kurdish fighters

Kurdish families, including hundreds from the Yazidi religious minority, were resettled in Toowoomba, west of Brisbane, as refugees of the 2011 Syrian war — many have families trapped by the latest conflict.

Kurdish refugees in South-East Queensland are anxiously watching the unfolding battle between Turkey and Kurdish forces in north-eastern Syria.
Key points:
  • Yazidi refugees say they have been unable to speak to family members trapped in northern Syria
  • Hazm Khudedo says he was one of thousands saved by Kurdish fighters from IS militants
  • Toowoomba's Yazidis called on the Federal Government to speak out in defence of Syria's Kurdish fighters

Kurdish families, including hundreds from the Yazidi religious minority, were resettled in Toowoomba, west of Brisbane, as refugees of the 2011 Syrian war — many have families trapped by the latest conflict.

Thanks andana, for honoring the real human beings behind the jokes. I love this thread, and there's some great stuff in it (which, I have a feeling I'd love even more if I wasn't a Canadian who's never been to/has limited knowledge of Queensland *"Consider yourself lucky!" they all cry out in unison*), but it's still good to remember the very real tragedies playing out over and over for so many individuals affected by this never-ending hell of a conflict. So, thank you.

Right, back to the quiet mirth against Queensland.:thumbsu:

Thanks andana, for honoring the real human beings behind the jokes. I love this thread, and there's some great stuff in it (which, I have a feeling I'd love even more if I wasn't a Canadian who's never been to/has limited knowledge of Queensland *"Consider yourself lucky!" they all cry out in unison*), but it's still good to remember the very real tragedies playing out over and over for so many individuals affected by this never-ending hell of a conflict. So, thank you.

Right, back to the quiet mirth against Queensland.:thumbsu:

Queensland = Alberta.

No, definitely Saskatchewan but without the cool sounding name.

Sask. doesn't have the right-wing politics and religion.

Saskatchewan is getting worse lately though. It's creeping. But Alberta is easily the land of cashed-up red necks (bogans?) Whinging about how they'll have to down size to a two car garage and sell one of their multiples of monstrosity gigantic V8 pickup trucks in order to "survive" if they lose their one week a month job in the oil patch due to threats to their industry. Mightn't even be able to afford a fourth snow mobile. The horror.

Syrians > Albertans, any day of the week.

Sask. doesn't have the right-wing politics and religion.
Saskatchewan is getting worse lately though. It's creeping. But Alberta is easily the land of cashed-up red necks (bogans?) Whinging about how they'll have to down size to a two car garage and sell one of their multiples of monstrosity gigantic V8 pickup trucks in order to "survive" if they lose their one week a month job in the oil patch due to threats to their industry. Mightn't even be able to afford a fourth snow mobile. The horror.

All the Saskatchewanans that I've met share very similar political and religious beliefs to those of their neighbours in Alberta but generally have less teeth and more guns.

I’m friends with a family who live in Edmonton and I stayed with them back in 2002. She’s very religious. He’s into his cars and guns, and their McMansion in Sherwood Park must be four times the size of my own house down here, with the enormous attic and basement along with their four car garage which houses “weekend cruisers” which sit idly within it for 8 months of the year due to the cold. You’ve summed them up well Sop as all I see him post on Facebook are anti Trudeau memes.

I’m friends with a family who live in Edmonton and I stayed with them back in 2002. She’s very religious. He’s into his cars and guns, and their McMansion in Sherwood Park must be four times the size of my own house down here, with the enormous attic and basement along with their four car garage which houses “weekend cruisers” which sit idly within it for 8 months of the year due to the cold. You’ve summed them up well Sop as all I see him post on Facebook are anti Trudeau memes.

Oh, and they’re the only residents of said McMansion as their kids moved on a few years ago. They’re also originally from Regina, Among the religious (Lutheran) windswept prairie dwellers.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Actually went to Syria before the civil war started.

Let me say this, you could get internet, TV and 24/7 electricity affordably. Unheard of in that part of the world especially in the neighbouring country Lebanon. (Which to this day, still has major corruption and private power lobbyist influence in the government spending.)

Actually went to Syria before the civil war started.

Let me say this, you could get internet, TV and 24/7 electricity affordably. Unheard of in that part of the world especially in the neighbouring country Lebanon. (Which to this day, still has major corruption and private power lobbyist influence in the government spending.)

Yep when I was there people spoke sadly about what was happening in Iraq.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Two men have been committed to stand trial for the alleged murder of Sunshine Coast butcher Bruce Saunders, whose body went through a woodchipper on a rural Queensland property in November 2017.

Gympie man Peter Koenig, 62, Deception Bay man Gregory Roser, 60, and Sunshine Coast woman Sharon Graham, 57, have each been charged with Mr Saunders' murder and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
It is alleged Mr Koenig and Mr Roser killed Mr Saunders while they worked with him on a Goomboorian property, north-east of Gympie.
The prosecution said all three men — Mr Koenig, Mr Roser and the deceased Mr Saunders — had been in an intimate relationship with Ms Graham.
Today the Maroochydore Magistrates Court heard, Ms Graham had financial motivation for the murder, having recently increased Mr Saunders' life insurance and having his will written in her favour.

Two men have been committed to stand trial for the alleged murder of Sunshine Coast butcher Bruce Saunders, whose body went through a woodchipper on a rural Queensland property in November 2017.

Gympie man Peter Koenig, 62, Deception Bay man Gregory Roser, 60, and Sunshine Coast woman Sharon Graham, 57, have each been charged with Mr Saunders' murder and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
It is alleged Mr Koenig and Mr Roser killed Mr Saunders while they worked with him on a Goomboorian property, north-east of Gympie.
The prosecution said all three men — Mr Koenig, Mr Roser and the deceased Mr Saunders — had been in an intimate relationship with Ms Graham.
Today the Maroochydore Magistrates Court heard, Ms Graham had financial motivation for the murder, having recently increased Mr Saunders' life insurance and having his will written in her favour.

They copied Fargo ...

giphy.gif

Back