Syria, r u all idjits?

Remove this Banner Ad

Now it is blatantly clear there's a clear sectarian element, Assad can probably hang on as Christians and even Alawites who may have been pro-democracy will side with him to avoid the risk of being killed by foreign jihadis or vengeful Sunni hicks.

Now it is blatantly clear there's a clear sectarian element, Assad can probably hang on as Christians and even Alawites who may have been pro-democracy will side with him to avoid the risk of being killed by foreign jihadis or vengeful Sunni hicks.

a full scale internicine war would affect millions, and like the HEW poll on Iraqi deaths, will kill 100s of thousands. Not the formula that the western media prescribes to calculate deaths when they are told by FSA how many civilians have been necked

With events over in Africa and the "innocence of Muslims" vid, some people will think it was/is a good thing there's a political system in Syria. We can see clearly what happens when ones political system is destroyed. Syria's also been bought some time with the little squabbles developing.

In fact there's an argument, the more this little vid causes trouble, the better for Syria.

Anyone read about the cross border shelling today?

Syria vs Turkey. 5 Turkish civilians dead, and Turkey retaliated.

I am amazed Assad hasn't repeatedly warned his boys not to drop any shots across the border under any circumstances, stirring up Turkey on their side of the border is not a good way to keep them or other countries out of it (Turkey already calling a NATO meeting).

I'm assuming it was an accident, or a junior officer/sergeant going off on his own track.

Or a false flag mission, so beloved of posters on this board.

Syrians already shot down a Turkish jet a while back.

The bombing in Aleppo is classic Al Qaeda.

Syrians already shot down a Turkish jet a while back..

Interestingly, it was a recon version of the old F4 Phantom, I doubt they were 'training' so close to the border.

I initially assumed it was a Turkish attempt at create a situation they could be outraged about, like the Gaza boat issue. But their govt seemed to calm down pretty quick so I guess the pilots were just on the wrong side of the border.

Well, the situation looks like it may worsen. This is what I gather. There are reports that Assad has toured Aleppo to see the situation first hand. On reflection and advice for military generals, they want reinforcement from Hama to come into Aleppo’s countryside and block the supply line for the rebels. If this is true and I believe, Assad is near complete control of Aleppo and the reinforcement in the countryside near the Turkish border is a smart tactical move. Government hasn’t been reckless in Aleppo since the commercial hub of the country and he has majority support.

This is where it gets interesting. Reports that a Syrian shell, no one knows if it FSA or Syrian Army, fell into a Turkish border town killing a few innocent. Turkey by most reports have retaliated and hit Syrian positions. This is only how far it has gone. Turkey is going to have a meeting with the UN to meet about allowance of cross border operations in Iraq but might want to expand it to Syria as well. Rebels and their supporters are desperate, they want a no fly zone or humanitarian zone in Syria since regime has been cutting off supplies for FSA from Turkey. Also PKK now operate freely in Syria since Assad has allowed Kurds to rule themselves and reports of 1200 PKK fighter released from jail.

Personally, I doubt Turkey will invade since Iran has an agreement with Syria to defend her. Turkey is a pickle, do they really want to engage in a regional war and threat their recent economic success?

FSA are now also fighting with PYD a Kurdish militia. They have killed innocent Kurdish people and kidnapped hundreds. The Kurdish militia has sought vengeance killing 20 FSA fighters and reinforcements from Kurdish areas have now entered Aleppo to protect their land. FSA has now opened a can of worms fighting the Kurd. Fighting is on going

FSA are now also fighting with PYD a Kurdish militia. They have killed innocent Kurdish people and kidnapped hundreds. The Kurdish militia has sought vengeance killing 20 FSA fighters and reinforcements from Kurdish areas have now entered Aleppo to protect their land. FSA has now opened a can of worms fighting the Kurd. Fighting is on going
There is a very long history of no-one liking the Kurds except the Kurds. Everyone seems to of been fighting with the for centuries, including the Syrians, Turks, Iraqis. The only thing that Saddam and his neighbours agreed on was that they would all be better off without the Kurds. Hearing that the FSA are at war with them is no real surprise.

There is a very long history of no-one liking the Kurds except the Kurds. Everyone seems to of been fighting with the for centuries, including the Syrians, Turks, Iraqis. The only thing that Saddam and his neighbours agreed on was that they would all be better off without the Kurds. Hearing that the FSA are at war with them is no real surprise.

Yea, agreed. But when this conflict is over regardless who wins. Kurds will triumph. Kurds will have their own state in Syria as the Kurds have their own state in Iraq. Turkey should be worried in the long run, two autonomous resource rich Kurdish areas bordering Turkey with the active PKK.

If the Kurds get their own state then every terrorist group in the world will be rejoicing. It would definitely equal give the lunatics the keys to the asylum and would end up badly.

The bigger problem is its like the tribal areas in Afghanistan & Pakistan. The tribes that make up the Kurdish area hate each other as well, they just hate everyone else more. They all want a Kurdish state, the problem is if they get it, then they'll fight over who is going to control it.

depends how you make it. A bit like custard, a bit like cream

skilts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back