SYT: the euro edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to laugh at some of the Youtube comments, people are actually posting stuff like My Kingdom of Fife would have brained him on the video. (I had to search for the horse just to even find out who it was)

I am in complete shock that Frankel has been rated the 4th best horse ever, what a joke timeform ratings are that a horse running a slow 1.37.5 1600m is now 7 rating points clear of BC.

SYT needs to drop back to 1600m and flog this donkey, Ballarat maidens have been run faster ffs.

How do they actually come about the time form rating for a run like that - given they are all 3 year olds at equal weights I would have thought they would base it on times or something.

If he is the 4th best horse ever where do the 2nd and 3rd horses rank (only 6 lengths behind).

How do they actually come about the time form rating for a run like that - given they are all 3 year olds at equal weights I would have thought they would base it on times or something.

If he is the 4th best horse ever where do the 2nd and 3rd horses rank (only 6 lengths behind).

I believe they base it on the fact he ran 15 lengths clear mid-race and ran the 1st 1000m in 57.5 seconds. They simply ignored the fact his last 600 was a piss weak 40 seconds...

Got me stuffed how they believe that makes him a good horse, Sea the stars ran 1.5 seconds quicker 2 years ago and only got a 123 rating for it.. That is a 25/26m flogging in real terms.

They have a history of overrating horses in the UK, the former #1 only won a group 3 to receive a rating of 140 from winning by 15L.

For a pure example of how bad these ratings are, SYT scored 126 as his top WTR score during his 5 G1's in australia, he would have been up to 124 after walking in that G3 in euro without even being pushed.

It is quite clear Australian horses are handicapped by this system, whobegotyou and zipping would be in the top 5 in the world if they raced over there.

The only possible thing I can think to explain it is they don't use digression when working out ratings, say BC and HL in the Patinack was a match race last year BC would have a rating of about 145 simply because they would have deemed HL to have been at his peak rating for finishing 2nd when he clearly wasn't.

European racing's just different. What passes for a staying test over there is a hacking pace before the tempo increases for the last ~1000; hence a horse like Campanologist reads like a genuine G1 horse on paper either side of getting run off his feet in the Melbourne Cup. Yet SYT's Irish wins will be rated on a par with his Cox Plate by Timeform.

im so angry that their absolute incompetence has cost him today, y the hell did he go at the 800m? he could of just cuddled him up for an extra 200m then let him go, instead he has made it a staying test by being exposed out front. this horse had previously been only passed once in a race and that was in the melbourne cup when he didnt see out the distance. now ballydoyle and moore hav let it happen again through sheer idiotic tactics. HE STALKS HIS OPPOSITION idiots

He's now being sent out by clowns. He'll still win more than he'll lose because he's just that good. Very much looking forward to Bart's comments tomorrow.
Bart will be classy, probably say something like the European style of racing doesn't suit the horse or something like that, and he'll probably also slip in something about Australia having the best jockeys.:)

One things for sure, Aidan O'Brien is the most over rated trainer in the world, that's been shown up now, he couldn't even get a pacemaker to run properly, let alone SYT.

Its mere confirmation we have the best racing in the world with the best jockeys and trainers. Even the racecallers are a joke. I dont find anything enjoyable about international racing at all. From the Advertisements plastered all throughout and ON Kentucky Derby to the pacemakers farce they can GO AND GET ****ED

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the racecallers are a joke

I was watching the coverage on TVN, and the two british racecallers were gushing over how good the race was, and how superior Rewilding's ride was, and also how SYT couldn't have done anything more.

Cut back to the after-race host, and he's basically says they're idiots, I think it was something like "I think I disagree with everything you've just said, I don't think you could be more wrong", and then went on to say how much of a disaster that ride was for Coolmore.

Still filthy about it. I didn't lose anything on him, so it's not even about money, it just looks like they will do their best to ruin the SYT story over there. :mad:

I was watching the coverage on TVN, and the two british racecallers were gushing over how good the race was, and how superior Rewilding's ride was, and also how SYT couldn't have done anything more.

Cut back to the after-race host, and he's basically says they're idiots, I think it was something like "I think I disagree with everything you've just said, I don't think you could be more wrong", and then went on to say how much of a disaster that ride was for Coolmore.

Still filthy about it. I didn't lose anything on him, so it's not even about money, it just looks like they will do their best to ruin the SYT story over there. :mad:

How hilarious was that!
Backed his comments with a great analysis especially given the short time frame.

The highlight last night was David Raffaele's bleating and whining for about half an hour after the horse got rolled saying it had the tougher run etc etc.

Cannot believe people think he had a tough run. Like his first up run he was pulling a touch early so (like they did at the Curragh) Ballydoyle in an outstanding display of team riding sent their other runner to the front to inject some speed in. Horse settled well, found the lead when the sacrificial lamb capitulated and was run down by a better horse.

Its mere confirmation we have the best racing in the world with the best jockeys and trainers. Even the racecallers are a joke. I dont find anything enjoyable about international racing at all. From the Advertisements plastered all throughout and ON Kentucky Derby to the pacemakers farce they can GO AND GET ****.Have to ask why then do we all want to see our best go over the water to prove themselves, and that's horses and jockeys.

Its mere confirmation we have the best racing in the world with the best jockeys and trainers. Even the racecallers are a joke. I dont find anything enjoyable about international racing at all. From the Advertisements plastered all throughout and ON Kentucky Derby to the pacemakers farce they can GO AND GET ****.Have to ask why then do we all want to see our best go over the water to prove themselves, and that's horses and jockeys.

How do you mess up a quote hahaha

Simple answer is money and prestige. Im not so convinced on the prestige...

The outsider is wearing the same colours as Workforce; are we sure there's no pacemaker (Workforce and SYT are from the same O'Brien stable)?

At any rate, go SYT. I'm on for chumps change.

Better field then last start, 2 very genuine international WFA horses in Workforce and Snow Fairy, wouldn't be shocked if any of those 2 or SYT won.

SYT still won't be at his peak, so he could be vulnerable if it's a tough finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back