ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Just read on Dockerland that T-Lo and Carr won't be playing this week. Apparently Carr's ankle hasn't come up and they want to give him another week, and T-Lo is still "sore" and so has been left out to rest up. According to CC his place is assured for the week after given his good form the last 2 weeks....

Two big loses for the team. Surely they could have rested t'lo up during the week he's become a very important player for us!

Clive must stand up now or face the boot back to the Mighty claremont tiges

Hope Woodsy makes it through. JLo, Woods, Gilmore and Browne for me.

Here are the sides for anyone who hasn't seen.

FREMANTLE v GEELONG
Sunday, 2:15pm, Subiaco

FREMANTLE
B: Hayden, Polak, Haddrill
HB: Grover, McPharlin, Parker
C: Walker, Bell, McManus
HF: Headland, Pavlich, Schammer
F: Farmer, Medhurst, Sandilands
FOLL: Simmonds, Hasleby, Cook
I/C (from): Waterhouse, J.Longmuir, Gilmore, Woods, Cunningham, Siegert, Browne
IN: Browne, Headland, Siegert, Woods
OUT: T.Longmuir (injured)
NEW:

GEELONG
B: Harley, Scarlett, Sanderson
HB: Rahilly, Mooney, Milburn
C: Hunt, Ling, Wojcinski
HF: Riccardi, Graham, Haynes
F: Gardiner, Playfair, Kingsley
FOLL: Chambers, Corey, Tenace
I/C (from): Chapman, Moloney, Johnson, Mackie, McCarthy, Rooke, Ablett
IN: Ablett, McCarthy, Moloney, Milburn
OUT: Kelly (hip)

i'm with you Kenny those 4 round out what looks an impressive team to smash the cats.

Clive enjoy claremont

Originally posted by Curly
Two big loses for the team. Surely they could have rested t'lo up during the week he's become a very important player for us!

Clive must stand up now or face the boot back to the Mighty claremont tiges

I wouldnt say huge losses . I reckon if they were at the mob down the road theye be starting this week. Its just our list at the moment , if your not absolutely 100% your out.

I esp like the look of Sandilands in the forward pocket!!

I'm with Kenny on the bench players - although has Clive been that bad to warrant being dropped?

Definitely Gilmore, J-Lo and Splinter to come back in. 4th spot - preferably Browne, but can see Clive getting the nod.

Cheers ripper.

I don't think clive will be dropped this round, t.lo's injury probably bought him another week. When CC talked about forwards not performing and being the first dropped to make way for a midfielder you just knew he woulda been talking about clive. Before when he said clive and t.lo were competing for the same spot.. it was only a matter of time before they were both not in the same team.

CC comes of as a bit of a clive fan, surprising seeing the majority of his fans are old time dockers (and cometti), but if he doesnt pull one out of the bag this week he'd be in trouble for the derby (t.lo's return) and would only get back in the side due to injury (considering 4-5 of our forwards are basically considered undroppable - regardless of what the coaching staff say).

I hope he does pull one out. Our best scoring sides had clive in them last year.. he's an enigma.. freo's x factor.. the power to excite the crowd with a screamer or infuriate them with yet another out of bounds on the full. With his pace and unpredictability though, I think he's more valuable than a spare midfielder at this stage.

Later
Voodoo-

It looks like Woods and Browne aren't playing in the WAFL today, so they'd be pretty likely to play tomorrow.

It makes me wonder who will miss out this week then. I would say that Woods would come into the team for Hayden (may still have a dodgy hammy). As for Browne, perhaps Headlands ankle still isn't quite right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back