T20 World Cup Day 12. South Africa v Bangladesh 1330hrs, Netherlands v India 1730hrs @ the SCG, Pakistan V Zimbabwe 2130hrs @ Perth Stadium

Squads.
South Africa from, Temba Bavuma (capt), Quinton de Kock (wk), Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Rillee Rossouw, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tristan Stubbs. Reserves: Bjorn Fortuin, Andile Phehlukwayo, Lizaad Williams.
Bangladesh from, Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Afif Hossain, Ebadot Hossain, Hasan Mahmud, Litton Das, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mossadek Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Najmul Hossain, Nasum Ahmed, Nurul Hasan (wk), Shoriful Islam, *Soumya Sarkar, Taskin Ahmed, Yasir Ali. Standby players: Mahedi Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Rishad Hossain, Sabbir Rahman.
Netherlands from, Scott Edwards (capt, wk), Colin Ackermann, Shariz Ahmad, Tom Cooper, Brandon Glover, Fred Klaassen, Bas de Leede, Stephan Myburgh, Teja Nidamanuru, Max O'Dowd, Tim Pringle, Vikram Singh, Logan van Beek, Timm van der Gugten, Roelof van der Merwe, Paul van Meekeren.
India from, Rohit Sharma (capt), Ravichandran Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Deepak Hooda, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Virat Kohli, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant (wk), Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, KL Rahul, Mohammad Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Suryakumar Yadav. Standby players: Ravi Bishnoi, Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur.
Pakistan from, Babar Azam (capt), Asif Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Mohammad Wasim, Naseem Shah, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Usman Qadir. Reserves: Mohammad Haris, Shahnawaz Dahani, Usman Qadir.
Zimbabwe from, Craig Ervine (capt), Ryan Burl, Regis Chakabva, Tendai Chatara, Bradley Evans, Luke Jongwe, Clive Madande, Wessly Madhevere, Wellington Masakadza, Tony Munyonga, Blessing Muzarabani, Richard Ngarava, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Sean Williams. Reserves: Tanaka Chivanga, Innocent Kaia, Kevin Kasuza, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Victor Nyauchi.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Going to the game today, hopefully a capacity crowd & the rain stays away. Can Netherlands do an India causing an upset? Ditto for Zimbabwe and the true minnows of cricket Bangladesh

In response to LukeParkerno1 post in the locked thread on yesterdays game, 100% agree on the lack of advertising.

When I tell people what I’m doing this week, none are even aware it’s on and some think it must be a women’s tournament!
Chucking shorter form cricket behind a pay wall has been an unmitigated disaster. If this had been on fta every night the whole place would be buzzing.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
In response to LukeParkerno1 post in the locked thread on yesterdays game, 100% agree on the lack of advertising.

When I tell people what I’m doing this week, none are even aware it’s on and some think it must be a women’s tournament!
His response that it needs to be advertised on social media was a little ridiculous. It already is. So I ask the same question, where should it be advertised?

It was everywhere in Hobart, on TV, on buses, on flags lining the city, there were fan sites on both sides of the Derwent, cheap tickets, free transport. Still very few attended.

People don't know its on because they have little interest in the sport right now. At some point we have to start blaming the consumer. And its totally fine if people don't want to attend there are objectively much better ways to spend your time than watching cricket but I don't think its a lack of advertising that is the issue.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Chucking shorter form cricket behind a pay wall has been an unmitigated disaster. If this had been on fta every night the whole place would be buzzing.
FTA barely want to show the games they're showing at the moment.

Yep. Honestly you and I can find out but we are always going to the games. What about everyone else that aren’t cricket tragic’s. The advertising has been very poor, it’s a shame because the cricket quality has been extremely good

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Advertising compared to tv shows like MAFS, Survivor, The Block is very poor. If it wasn't behind a paywall, I assume channel 9 would've advertised the s**t out of it, well for the Aus games anyway.

But fk it, ind v pak was a sellout, today is a sell out, perth double header on sunday is a sell out.

Advertising compared to tv shows like MAFS, Survivor, The Block is very poor. If it wasn't behind a paywall, I assume channel 9 would've advertised the s**t out of it, well for the Aus games anyway.

But fk it, ind v pak was a sellout, today is a sell out, perth double header on sunday is a sell out.

Yeah that's the positive and the cricket has been outstanding.

Around the Wicket

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No wonder, the T20 WC is getting s**t crowds and s**t ratings, hardly any good match up.. another day and the 2 games are South Africa v Bangladesh and India v Netherlands.

Embarrassing.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
No wonder, the T20 WC is getting s**t crowds and s**t ratings, hardly any good match up.. another day and the 2 games are South Africa v Bangladesh and India v Netherlands.

Embarrassing.
Those two games have a sell out crowd :D

The crowds and ratings are fine and compare well to comparable games at the 1992 and 2015 World Cups. We're a country who only go to the big "event" games and we always have been.

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Embarrassing.

Are the ratings down?Reason for some poor crowds might be more games being played mid week and the ordinary weather on the east coast at the moment.

Embarrassing.

It’s sold out in Sydney. Indian fans will be there in droves

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The World Cup should just be a quad series between India, Pakistan, Australia and England. Think of the ratings and crowds :hearts::hearts::fire::fire:

The World Cup should just be a quad series between India, Pakistan, Australia and England. Think of the ratings and crowds :hearts::hearts::fire::fire:
already been declined by the icc

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bangers are a different beast in limited overs, wont be as much of a walk over as you think
They've been a perennial underachievers at T20 World Cups. They've never won a game at the Super stage (whether that be 8, 10 or 12) or beyond at a T20 World Cup.

Back