T20 World Cup Day 2 17/10. West Indies v Scotland 1430hrs, Zimbabwe v Ireland 1830 hrs @ Bellerive Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I have underestimated is the end of the footy season having an impact on these cricket grounds. Grass seems to be thick and outfields a tad slow. Geelong more so than Hobart but its pretty evidence balls arent rolling along to boundaries like they do in India. Balls seem to be plugging on these outfields.

Raza batted the smartest of all teams so far, picked the square boundaries based on dimensions.

i like that they didnt reduce the overs in the 1st match with the rain delay but wow, its getting late on a week night and still a long way to go in the match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also another thing about last nights game is, I reckon Raza- Zimbabwes best bat , needs to be batting in the Top 4 , not at 5.

Your best batsman in T20 need to be batting in the Top 4.

It was good of Zimbabwe to recover from 3 or 4 down but against the better sides you need to get the confidence up and going early.

170 odd was always too much

Least they have fought it out unlike the Windies

That was an abortion.

The irony isn’t lost on me that as our test cricket has very slowly but definitely improved it has been on the back of intelligent cricket, something almost non existent in our long format a decade ago.

Conversely the t20 side, which while it relied on the brute force of Gayle and Russell to an extent, was world champion quality because of its smarts - which are now nowhere to be seen.

Holder, Hossain, and at times Mayers and Joseph are the only players in that team yesterday with a semblance of cricketing nous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back