T20 World Cup Day 6 21/10. Ireland v West Indies 1430hrs, Scotland v Zimbabwe 1930hrs @ Bellerive Oval

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
This was the final standings:

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 7.15.32 pm.png

From what I gather Zimbabwe needed to chase it faster to get 1st spot. I may have miscalculated

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Love the Zimbabwe fans. outstanding support for your team. I was shocked by how passionate they were. They might not have been the most numerous but they were certainty the loudest and proudest.

The Irish have been solid as well. 2 best fan groups from Hobart qualify for the super 12's. Heres hoping the rain holds off and these 2 teams can put on a good show on the weekend/Monday

ps. love the format for this world cup and how the smaller teams get the limelight.

Titch3Votes0MooreAA

"Burgoyne to put them in front. He doesn't miss."
Apr 15, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW, Man Utd
I am sending a big congratulations to Zimbabwe for their victory. This is such a momentous occasion for them as a nation. Five years after Robert Mugabe's death, qualifying for such a major sporting event in the sport he fought to destroy is a turnaround that is uncommon. Hopefully, this is the start of a prosperous time for them as a country, whether that be culturally or politically.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Predictably, Phil Simmons has fallen on his sword.
He will step down after the two tests against australia

F***ing great.

I believe that a lot of our slow but visible improvement in Test cricket has owed something to Simmons who seems to have done away with flair and opted to focus on some common sense cricket and a higher degree of resilience in the long format. The one day side hasn’t improved and the t20 side has trodden water as well (won at a 33 per cent frequency since the World Cup win in 2016).

I don’t see this as having a positive impact for our cricket overall

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Predictably, Phil Simmons has fallen on his sword.
He will step down after the two tests against australia

F***ing great.

I believe that a lot of our slow but visible improvement in Test cricket has owed something to Simmons who seems to have done away with flair and opted to focus on some common sense cricket and a higher degree of resilience in the long format. The one day side hasn’t improved and the t20 side has trodden water as well (won at a 33 per cent frequency since the World Cup win in 2016).

I don’t see this as having a positive impact for our cricket overall
I was at the WI v Ire match. After WI batted Simmons was trying to get Obed McCoy and Akeal Hosein to hurry up and start their bowling warm ups while he had the baseball glove on behind the stumps. It was about as animated as I imagine someone as laid back as Simmons gets.

Hosein and McCoy couldn't have seemed less interested. Slowly trudged over as Joseph and Holder got through another half a dozen reps. I'm not usually a big believer in body language and that sort of thing effecting on-field performance but it really stood out to me.

Simmons looked like a man completely over the attitudes of some of his players. Although that's a lot to read in to a 5 minute between innings warm up and WTF would I know?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I was at the WI v Ire match. After WI batted Simmons was trying to get Obed McCoy and Akeal Hosein to hurry up and start their bowling warm ups while he had the baseball glove on behind the stumps. It was about as animated as I imagine someone as laid back as Simmons gets.

Hosein and McCoy couldn't have seemed less interested. Slowly trudged over as Joseph and Holder got through another half a dozen reps. I'm not usually a big believer in body language and that sort of thing effecting on-field performance but it really stood out to me.

Simmons looked like a man completely over the attitudes of some of his players. Although that's a lot to read in to a 5 minute between innings warm up and WTF would I know?

No as someone who watches them a lot I totally agree albeit I don’t see them in person so I miss that stuff.

Joseph has a great attitude to his cricket. He’s not a world beater but he’s worked hard enough to become a genuine fast bowler - he’s added 12+ km/h to his bowling in 2 years. He is a handy batsman. Holder always puts in. They have two guys right there who’s attitude alone should ensure that they are used better than what they are.

I like Mayers and Brooks in that they are committed but neither are used the way they should be. Pooran is not a captain. I like that he’s available but he is not a leader’s a-hole.

Guys like Fabian Allen who bring some dynamism with their cricket should be in this side but for whatever reason he isn’t.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Holder always puts in. They have two guys right there who’s attitude alone should ensure that they are used better than what they are.
Again based on nothing but seeing it with my eyes and then making large assumptions Holder seemed to be trying to get some of his team mates in to the scrap. And the way he seemed to want to do it was to essentially start sledging the * out of the Irish.

He'd make a point when Joseph was bowling to walk from mid on to the popping crease at the non-strikers end, stand there clapping and saying something to the non-striker and then would make the non-striker walk around him to get to the crease before returning to his fielding position at mid on. It just seemed to me like he was trying to start something to try and bring some sort of energy to his team.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Again based on nothing but seeing it with my eyes and then making large assumptions Holder seemed to be trying to get some of his team mates in to the scrap. And the way he seemed to want to do it was to essentially start sledging the * out of the Irish.

He'd make a point when Joseph was bowling to walk from mid on to the popping crease at the non-strikers end, stand there clapping and saying something to the non-striker and then would make the non-striker walk around him to get to the crease before returning to his fielding position at mid on. It just seemed to me like he was trying to start something to try and bring some sort of energy to his team.

Holder is not a personally combative cricketer but nature but he undoubtedly has a combative spirit as far as his responses go: ie. he likes to get into a fight as far as the game situation goes and if he’s started adding a bit of verbal into that as well it probably isn’t the worst I just hope if he is going to employ that he doesn’t turn into a dickhead about it and uses his brains not gobfuls of abuse.

My biggest fear is that the day will come where he tires of carrying his team and being one of the few putting in and just pulls the pin

Back