T20 World Cup Day 6 21/10. Ireland v West Indies 1430hrs, Scotland v Zimbabwe 1930hrs @ Bellerive Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Windies arrogantly turned up expecting to roll over less historical nations - but discovering that history means jack when you are only interested in yourself....world doesnt owe you a free ride anymore...
They barely beat Zimbabwe, they deserve to go home, for this putrid effort

Plenty of Irish fans in the house to watch a famous win

Embarrassing from the Windies, at least Sri Lanka found a way to fight back into the tournament, the Windies have barely fired a shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zimbabwe (Playing XI): Craig Ervine(c), Regis Chakabva(w), Wesley Madhevere, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Richard Ngarava, Tendai Chatara, Blessing Muzarabani

Scotland (Playing XI): George Munsey, Michael Jones, Matthew Cross(w), Richie Berrington(c), Michael Leask, Calum MacLeod, Chris Greaves, Mark Watt, Josh Davey, Safyaan Sharif, Brad Wheal

Scotland won the toss and elected to bat 1st

Have we got another humdinger to end the round robin series tonight?

I’m gutted. Not because we lost to Ireland. They’re improving all the time and I love the Irish.

I’m gutted because we never even gave ourselves a chance and did absolutely nothing to maximise the strengths we have and minimise our weaknesses and went out with barely a whimper

Hopefully this match is a better contest than the last one.

People might wonder why I keep using the word 'humdinger' all the time.

Must say Ravi Shastri lives rent free in my head.

Ravi might need to bring his umbrella for that humdinger, there's a good chance there will be some rain there,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back