Wade
Inglis
Agar
Zampa
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
K.Richardson

Only change from last T20 World Cup squad is Tim David is in for Swepson.

I guess David is competing with Stoinis (and Marsh, pending fitness) for the final batting spot?

Yeah its going to be interesting to see if David even gets ago....its up to the selectors to give him a opportunity as with the others in the squad in the leading t20 games up to the wc.

David is a finisher so he bats 5-7...most likely 6 or seven...Stoinis and Wade did that role very well the last WC ...so that leaves pressure on Smith with Maxi going up one

for me based on t20 form and recent from I would have

wade
warner
marsh
smith
maxi
stoinis
david
cummins/agar if it spins
starc
zamps
hazelwood

That to me is a balanced team with power all the way down with smudge providing stability if we lose an early wickets

But we all know that Finch will play regardless of form so it will be

finch
warner
Marsh
Smith
Maxi
Stoinis/david
Wade
bowlers

Yeah its going to be interesting to see if David even gets ago....its up to the selectors to give him a opportunity as with the others in the squad in the leading t20 games up to the wc.

David is a finisher so he bats 5-7...most likely 6 or seven...Stoinis and Wade did that role very well the last WC ...so that leaves pressure on Smith with Maxi going up one

for me based on t20 form and recent from I would have

wade
warner
marsh
smith
maxi
stoinis
david
cummins/agar if it spins
starc
zamps
hazelwood

That to me is a balanced team with power all the way down with smudge providing stability if we lose an early wickets

But we all know that Finch will play regardless of form so it will be

finch
warner
Marsh
Smith
Maxi
Stoinis/david
Wade
bowlers
I don't mind the first side.
Although I wouldn't have Smith in.

Don't need a consolidater in T20's.

Yeah this is what is worrying me

I do tend to agree with the posts above in regards to smith but I believe atm finch is the biggest issue for the side.

If Smith is in the side I wouldn't be against him opening (instead of Finch)

Unpopular opinion. If its line ball with David and someone else, we should be picking the player who has committed to a central contract with a state association/cricket Australia rather than the one who was turned it down to be a contractor to insert T20 competition here during the Australian summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion. If its line ball with David and someone else, we should be picking the player who has committed to a central contract with a state association/cricket Australia rather than the one who was turned it down to be a contractor to insert T20 competition here during the Australian summer.
I disagree on the fact that this is T20, not Test or ODI teams play for state rather than franchise. If we go with your idea based completely on pre presentation in the BBL, Australia would have a completely different pace attack.

It isn’t line ball. David and Maxwell are literally the only hitters we have unless we are considering Marsh as one.

I disagree on the fact that this is T20, not Test or ODI teams play for state rather than franchise. If we go with your idea based completely on pre presentation in the BBL, Australia would have a completely different pace attack.
Its not based on BBL presentation its based on being a part of cricket in Australia by signing with either Australia or a state which the pace attack have done.

Absolutely no blame on Tim David for doing what he's doing as an individual but Cricket Australia should also then be making decisions based on what is best for cricket in general.

I don't really feel strongly enough about it to argue the point too much nor can I really articulate it properly.

8 T20's prior to the world cup:

3 v INDIA (in India) - World Cup Squad touring (except Green in for Warner)
2 v WI
3 v ENGLAND

Hopefully David will get a run and all players will come out unscathed and we can work out our best XI going into the World Cup.

I reckon team for the India series will be
Finch, Inglis, Smith, Maxwell, David, Wade, Sams, Agar, Cummins, Zampa, Hazlewood

Wade is the only other option as an opener but I don't think they'd want to tinker with his role so close to the world cup

Smith can easily open. He’s done it in the IPL. In fact if he’s in our t20 side he should be there. I’d rather him nowhere near the side

I reckon team for the India series will be
Finch, Inglis, Smith, Maxwell, David, Wade, Sams, Agar, Cummins, Zampa, Hazlewood
Anyone have the vibe that this series is just glorified centre wicket practice ?

Players rested Indian conditions which will have no impact in the World Cup in Australia.

I would put more emphasis on the t20s in australia leading up to the wc than this series

Get Head in and open, done it in white ball, has a good SR.

The trouble we have is all of our best BBL players bat top 3 so when it comes to internationals and they come in with an over to go theyre hopeless.

Can we rule Darcy Short out? Probably but if he found form there's few openers better. Finding form the problem there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back