T20's v South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely brutal time slot for us but watching on replay in the morning is fine I guess. I see marsh is trying to finish the games asap so the aussie fans can sleep early ish

Surely South Africa aren't this bad? Props to Short and Marsh who're certainly in gold form right now.
To be fair having : Rossouw, David Miller, Parnell, Rabada would make a difference Id imagine.

In comparison to Australia, they are nowhere near as good. Last years performance at the T20 World Cup was a good reflection of that.

Good to see Matt Short get some runs, Sangha stiff to be dropped and always loved the Bison in white ball Cricket!

I will say, if memory serves me correctly Hardie barely got a bowl for the Scorchers yet is opening the bowling for Australia?

Time to say sayonara to the old (Warner) and hello to the new as prep for the next WC. Head has a younger eye, quicker reflexes than the old little slugger and scores just as briskly. This new look side is bringing a freshness to our 20 over format.
The thing is Warner doesn't have to swing at everything to go at a run a ball. Head does and that means he won't be laying too many foundations in T20Is

So, what does the best side look like?

Travis Head / David Warner
Steve Smith / Matt Short
The Bison
Josh Inglis
Marcus Stoinis
Glenn Maxwell
Tim David
Pat Cummins / Nathan Ellis
Mitchell Starc
Adam Zampa
The Hazelwood

Pre or post ODI WC?

My X1 post WC:

Short
Inglis
Marsh (c)
Marnus
Green
David
Sams
Ellis
Richardson
Johnson
Sangha.

Pre WC.
Warner
Carey
Marsh
Smith/Marnus
Green
Maxwell
Stoinis
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood/Berendorff
Zampa

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre or post ODI WC?

My X1 post WC:

Short
Inglis
Marsh (c)
Marnus
Green
David
Sams
Ellis
Richardson
Johnson
Sangha.

Pre WC.
Warner
Carey
Marsh
Smith/Marnus
Green
Maxwell
Stoinis
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood/Berendorff
Zampa
Think people are talking about the T20 side.

Some players have to be made culprits for the disaster campaign on Australian soil last year.

Finch left on his own accord. But neither of the players will walk away unless they are thinking of retiring or pushed.

Warner, Steve Smith, Starc, Cummins probably should be all first to go.

Start afresh for T20 World Cup next year:

Short
1 of Smith/Cam Green/McDermott/Aaron Hardie
Marsh
Maxwell
David
Stoinis
Inglis (W/K)
Ellis
The Dorff
Zampa
Hazlewood

This years BBL campaign an important one probably to determine that opening spot. Like a few have mentioned here, im not sure Head has a lock in that opening spot in this format of the game or even the team.

Warner, Steve Smith, Starc, Cummins probably should be all first to go.
Maxwell and Stoinis too. Then we can start afresh. These two are mostly picked on past exploits, reputation, marketing appeal, and this so called X factor. If you were to check out their WC records, you'd, like me be saying that neither no longer belongs near another major white ball tournament.

Travis Head / David Warner
Steve Smith / Matt Short
The Bison
Josh Inglis
Marcus Stoinis
Glenn Maxwell
Tim David
Pat Cummins / Nathan Ellis
Mitchell Starc
Adam Zampa
The Hazelwood

I don't see how Cummins makes the team in T20

We need a variation bowler like Ellis

T20 is very much about roles - and Cummins and Hazlewood play the same one.

Watching Jonny Bairstow and Harry Brook smash New Zealand all around Old Trafford, the thought occurs - has English cricket ever had it so good? White-ball teams imperious. Test side reinventing the game. Even the Hundred was decent. Ignore doomsayers. This is the golden age

Watching Jonny Bairstow and Harry Brook smash New Zealand all around Old Trafford, the thought occurs - has English cricket ever had it so good? White-ball teams imperious. Test side reinventing the game. Even the Hundred was decent. Ignore doomsayers. This is the golden age
let's wait and see how many ICC trophies they win and judge after that

There will be a few bad years for South Africa. They don’t have much coming through their system.
Kind of sad seeing such a strong cricketing nation being so poor

There will be a few bad years for South Africa. They don’t have much coming through their system.
Kind of sad seeing such a strong cricketing nation being so poor
Their batting is not as good and depth wise as the big 3 nations. Im not sure if some players like: Brevis, Stubbs, Markram , definitely not Bavuma, Hendricks, Rossouw, or even David Miller would get into an Australian team. Id probably say only David Miller.

Spin has never been really there strong suit either, Shamsi is overweight and if he is more of a T20 nomad these days.

Their fast bowling can be attacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back