AFL TAB Refuse to Pay out $150k pay-out to Maths Wiz Uni Student who out-smarted their system

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's end this discussion once and for all.

Do bookmakers have to offer you a service?
No they don't.

Should bookmakers be allowed to have discretion when choosing who to offer a service to?
Well, that's debatable. I wish the answer was no, but unfortunately it's probably "yes".

You're point is obviously correct but it's a murky area because when you join there is nowhere that states that "hey if you win we will ban you and if you lose then you'll be our best friend". I don't think that the average punter would have the knowledge that bookmakers would ban you for winning - especially since some of them run with slogans like "take us on".

You're point is obviously correct but it's a murky area because when you join there is nowhere that states that "hey if you win we will ban you and if you lose then you'll be our best friend". I don't think that the average punter would have the knowledge that bookmakers would ban you for winning - especially since some of them run with slogans like "take us on".
They are hidden in their terms and conditions that a bookmaker may refuse to offer you a service, or words to that effect.

These days the average punter would be aware that books limit you, but five years ago, definitely not.

The $4,608 they gave him is the Dusty $4 multiplied by the Dusty-Slater combo $32 multiplied by the stake.

The kid knew exactly what he was doing and if I was him I'd be taking the $4,608 and not going after something that really isn't his.

$4K, easy come, easy go. $150k is potentially life changing, might as well have a crack.

Naive of anyone to think the bookies aren't trying to fleece them.

You have to take the good with the bad, there's sufficient competition around that if someone thinks they aren't being dealt with fairly they can just take their business elsewhere.

So I have this sitting around.
will TAB declare Fremantle a winning leg? They finished clear on top, not losing a game. But didn’t play the full 8 rounds.

Attachments

• E5145431-4446-4FF3-9EE6-4840AF676924.jpeg
    E5145431-4446-4FF3-9EE6-4840AF676924.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 296
Didn't they already declare no conference winner and Premier this yr because they only got to semi final stage, so no conference final was played?

My understanding of the market was the team to finish on top in the conference, but now that I think about it you could be right

On further inspection i dont think they play conference finals. its just semi's - prelim - GF. Has to be related to the ladder

I’m wondering if this was privately settled for 5k plus a bit more to drop it.
Probably easier to pay a sum to maths wiz for his silence than have him drag it out in the media and get themselves a negative reputation with the average Joe.

Word is that the issue that happened two weeks ago when punters cashed out after the third legs of the Brisbane and Sydney quaddies (Epsom Day) for vastly overstated returns, happened again this afternoon...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is that the issue that happened two weeks ago when punters cashed out after the third legs of the Brisbane and Sydney quaddies (Epsom Day) for vastly overstated returns, happened again this afternoon...

where have you heard such outlandish lies and propaganda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back