Certified Legendary Thread TAB's- Full of "characters" ???

HurlsMeister18

Club Legend
May 9, 2011
Full Back
AFL Club
Essendon
Thats crossing the line. Dont think id attend that venue

It's actually a nice venue. the guy in question has autism and some sort of digestive / bowel problems and is a nice guy but just can't control his bodily functions. His Dad is the president of the local sporto and he always looks after us with drinks so we sort of look out for his son, usually one of us (my mates) goes over and has a quiet word in his ear that it is time to go.

Once he leaves everyone starts cheering (in a funny way not nasty) and the tab operator runs out and does a few laps with the air freshener.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's actually a nice venue. the guy in question has autism and some sort of digestive / bowel problems and is a nice guy but just can't control his bodily functions. His Dad is the president of the local sporto and he always looks after us with drinks so we sort of look out for his son, usually one of us (my mates) goes over and has a quiet word in his ear that it is time to go.

Once he leaves everyone starts cheering (in a funny way not nasty) and the tab operator runs out and does a few laps with the air freshener.

Ok he can't control his bowels that's unfortunate but surely there is some sort of adult diaper he can wear, and then he can change it when he goes... he doesn't have to stand in a public place with s**t running down his legs surely...

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong

There's a guy there that shits himself and walks around all day and it sounds like a common occurance. I'm not sure where you grew up, but your definition of 'nice' is extremely skewed.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
i

i got banned from a tab for taking an Ipad in

I do phone bets from my TAB at the pub all the time... they even offer free wifi... I dont see why they care if you take an ipad in. Most TAB workers couldnt give a stuff if you are placing bets there or not, you could sit there all day and not place a bet and nobody would care at all.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Were you betting via Tab or via other sports betting corporations.
I was betting on TAB and Betfair. TAB only for multiples. This is despite my patronage for years, D1ck behind the counter thought i was influencing others for betting with other corporations. Its ok though found a nice quiet pubtab where no one annoys me to watch and bet and despite getting no turnover from me i get free drinks and food!

I do phone bets from my TAB at the pub all the time... they even offer free wifi... I dont see why they care if you take an ipad in. Most TAB workers couldnt give a stuff if you are placing bets there or not, you could sit there all day and not place a bet and nobody would care at all.
They shouldn't now. All TABs are now getting commission for bets placed from iPhones and iPads.
So you are actually earning him some revenue. Lol

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
The foreigners who sit together in a group,
The one that always misses a trifecta by one
The guy that has a go at the jockey, trainer, other horse, anything
The guy sitting at a tab writing this post on his iPad

Sometimes that 'guy' is the one 'guy' !!!!

Have heard about this, how does it actually work?

Apparently, there are smart people in the TAB that can work out from these devices where bets have been placed, and if they're within 200m of a TAB venue, they'll get commission on the bet. I still sceptical about this until I see proof .

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Legitimately don't think I've placed a pub tab bet in 5 years. Just sit and drink while betting on your phone now.

Only tote bets have been on course where corporates blocked on the on course internet and bookies have copped a hiding on something. Sad but I'm sure I'm not alone.

DemonDayz

Debutant
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Worst thing about TABs is that sometimes the staff stuff up your bets.
So annoying as then an argument follows.

Walking around with bits of paper is archaic and actually having to drive somewhere to collect winnings is stupid.

Mazza12346

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, Knicks
the old campainger that puts on a tri and holds up the queue cos half of his selections are ******* scratched

their is always someone in their with no teeth

always an expert in the tab that knows everything and wants to have a full blown convo, just leave me the * alone u campainger

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Had a bloke once walking around chatting, and then getting really fired up when his 1k bet on race 3 at Flemington didn't get up. Poor kid was sitting there scared, being shut up by his old man with some fish and chips while he blew all sorts of cash.

Another character my mates ran into at some random CBD TAB was this bloke going off his rocker watching the Aussies in a test match a couple of years back. Apparently had lost his job, and had neglected to tell his wife. Spent his days in that TAB kilometres from home, betting huge coin on cricket and other sports and losing.

Mazza12346

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, Knicks
Had a bloke once walking around chatting, and then getting really fired up when his 1k bet on race 3 at Flemington didn't get up. Poor kid was sitting there scared, being shut up by his old man with some fish and chips while he blew all sorts of cash.

Another character my mates ran into at some random CBD TAB was this bloke going off his rocker watching the Aussies in a test match a couple of years back. Apparently had lost his job, and had neglected to tell his wife. Spent his days in that TAB kilometres from home, betting huge coin on cricket and other sports and losing.
What kind of moron brings their kid with them to the tab lol

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Probably decided to become a pro gambler for a week. Was his name Kanga?

Worst thing about TABs is that sometimes the staff stuff up your bets.
So annoying as then an argument follows.

Walking around with bits of paper is archaic and actually having to drive somewhere to collect winnings is stupid.

Even worse is when the damn customers don't know what the f$&@ they're doing. After asking what sort of bet type it is, you get the response of Melbourne then races then $6 then 1,2,3,4 boxed before finally telling you it's a bloody quinella.

Back