Certified Legendary Thread TAB's- Full of "characters" ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Women coming in to bet and betting in the 100s was a great way of sussing winners where I used to work. Had one that obviously had Freedman mail and another that had Smerdon mail. Rich area though so probably owners network and wouldn't apply out in the burbs.

In situations like that, are you allowed to give your mates "the heads up"? Serious question.

Jail time for inside betting...

I'm sure they could say you are breaking some sort of privacy/confidentiality clause of your employment though if you were actually caught doing it publically.

What i don't get then is how the tab flashes up on the screen "big bets" before a race and that's ok? You would have to assume that some of these big bets would be the result of insider knowledge?

Jail time was a joke, its fine. Could be some sort of policy for employers at the TAB though. I wouldnt imagine they would really care though unless you were making a big song and dance about it

What i don't get then is how the tab flashes up on the screen "big bets" before a race and that's ok? You would have to assume that some of these big bets would be the result of insider knowledge?

Big bets are 99% losers with too much money. Horses generally all have the same profile and are all faves. There are exceptions but no insider knowledge for most of them.

When it comes to legality of telling everyone they accepted a bet worth x dollars I wouldn’t think there’s a single thing stopping them?

Its like when they say late money for so so when ive watched it drift on betfair for the last 5 minutes. They talk s**t

Its like when they say late money for so so when ive watched it drift on betfair for the last 5 minutes. They talk s**t

Yup - or the TAB guys talking up a horse backed from $4.00 into $3.80 as they are loading when it was $2.60 with them the night before.

Jail time for inside betting...

I'm sure they could say you are breaking some sort of privacy/confidentiality clause of your employment though if you were actually caught doing it publically.

Jail time lol, when the traders from the corps see that one of their sharp customers are on something they follow the tip. No jail time for them

Jail time lol, when the traders from the corps see that one of their sharp customers are on something they follow the tip. No jail time for them
that's been happening on course for years. i used to quite often see bookies assistants on course running to the TAB to lay off bets with them after smart money on a horse very late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long do Tab outlets take to pay out on AFL player props? I’m waiting on my Josh Kennedy payout meanwhile this weirdo sticks his hands down the back of his pants and up his bum

How long do Tab outlets take to pay out on AFL player props? I’m waiting on my Josh Kennedy payout meanwhile this weirdo sticks his hands down the back of his pants and up his bum

I had a lengthy dispute one night with a phone bet supervisor who tried telling me the TAB could and would watch a match replay 2-3 times in entirety if they "weren't sure of a Most Disposals bet winner". I told him I was happy to take it higher for them breaching their own T&C about paying out on official results from AFL website and did he want to recheck his statement?
Bet paid out 10 mins later.

I had a lengthy dispute one night with a phone bet supervisor who tried telling me the TAB could and would watch a match replay 2-3 times in entirety if they "weren't sure of a Most Disposals bet winner". I told him I was happy to take it higher for them breaching their own T&C about paying out on official results from AFL website and did he want to recheck his statement?
Bet paid out 10 mins later.

Kennedy well exceeded 25 disposals. Machine just giving me the standard answer of “this bet is not paying yet”.

I know I’ll get paid but I wanna role it over to to another prop market ASAP. I’m pretty cash poor so I need it now.

People on duty, or agents, at pub tabs or agencies cannot bet, at all in their agency. That also extends to tab sales reps and other employees.

They can get on corporate sites, but not the tab. At least that was true a few years ago.

People on duty, or agents, at pub tabs or agencies cannot bet, at all in their agency. That also extends to tab sales reps and other employees.

They can get on corporate sites, but not the tab. At least that was true a few years ago.

Still the case.

It's all fun and games until someone decides to martingale trackside with house money.

And no I'm not joking, people have done this :drunk:

The 12 was due I keep telling you!!!

The problem with that plan is it wouldn't take long for TAB auditors to appear it investigate what's going on

I'd love to know the amount. It would have to have been a bit for the girl to have a crack and if it was why the hell is he walking around with a lot of money in his hands, put it in your pocket idiot. People always wanted big winnings paid in an envelope to avoid that sort of situation. I hated doing it as you didn't really have recourse if they come back and say you shorted them, if you count it out it is on camera at least.

I'd love to know the amount. It would have to have been a bit for the girl to have a crack and if it was why the hell is he walking around with a lot of money in his hands, put it in your pocket idiot. People always wanted big winnings paid in an envelope to avoid that sort of situation. I hated doing it as you didn't really have recourse if they come back and say you shorted them, if you count it out it is on camera at least.

7news quoted $70

Remove this Banner Ad

Back