Tac cup 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

WestCoastWizkid

Debutant
Jan 4, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lets start this thread by predicting the ladder position for 2012?

1. Calder
Dragons
3. Stingrays
Knights
5. Falcons
6. Chargers
7. Power
8. Rangers

------------------------
9. Rebels
10. Jets
11. Pioneers
12. Bushrangers

pretty accurate i reckon, dont underestimate oakleigh though, wouldn't surprise me to see them have a good final series when they are at full strength and really challenge calder/stingrays/dragons.

Lets start this thread by predicting the ladder position for 2012?

1. Calder
2. Dragons
3. Stingrays
4. Knights
5. Falcons
6. Chargers
7. Power
8. Rangers
------------------------
9. Rebels
10. Jets
11. Pioneers
12. Bushrangers
Not a lot of love for the Bushies or the Rebels. The Ballarat boys have done reasonably of late. The Bushies have produced some good teams in recent years.
The Pios have made a fair few changes. I HOPE that is enough to make a real difference to them, although I don't see them flying up the ladder suddenly.

Pios top end talent actually looks ok on paper, though I don't know what their depth is like, or their coaching. Wines, Stringer, Knox, Heavyside is a pretty handy core. They could do worse than bring Valentine back as an overager as well.

Hard to go past Calder this year though.

Not a lot of love for the Bushies or the Rebels. The Ballarat boys have done reasonably of late. The Bushies have produced some good teams in recent years.
The Pios have made a fair few changes. I HOPE that is enough to make a real difference to them, although I don't see them flying up the ladder suddenly.

The reason there is no love wolf is the armchair experts would know SFA about any TAC team outside metro (Dandenong excluded).
Quoting the names of kids in Vic Country really doesnt cut it.
Pioneers will improve, as will Bushrangers.

Bit too hard for anybody to predict at this stage! I'll have a shot in about a month once I've seen a few praccy matches.

If Oakleigh manage to be in good shape come finals/the end of the school football season, they will be hard to beat.

Viney and co, ontop of that, they have the cream of the crop of underagers in McDonald and Billings, again both private school boys.

Calder looks strong on paper, as does Dandenong....

Danniher, McBean, O'Rourke, Plowman, Cooke etc.....

Dont discount Northern.

They had 10 representatives in the VM u16 team two years ago and played alot of underagers last year.

Geelong have some very good cattle. Calder and oakleigh have very strong top six players. Dandy and northern should be up there as well.

Word round the campfire re NSW is GWS academy and Swans academy will play three praccy matches in the leadup to Nationals, instead of TAC.

Hmmm. I presume the other clubs scholarshipped players will be parcelled out between the academies then? I think Moller played for the GWS academy a while back, and as a Dons man I'm of course interested to see if Clothier will get a gig.

Be interesting to see what Eastern Ranges will do this year given they produced their first ever No. 1 Draft Pick last year.

Even had a former Ranges player as premiership winning Coach in Chris Scott so there's quite a good deal of stock out my way.

Here's hoping Jai Jordan gets drafted this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm. I presume the other clubs scholarshipped players will be parcelled out between the academies then? I think Moller played for the GWS academy a while back, and as a Dons man I'm of course interested to see if Clothier will get a gig.

is Jedd the son of AFL "Integrity" Manager Brett Clothier?

Spot on. Forgot to mention academy players in previous post. Unsure of split up, my source thought Swans academy, but I tend to go with your line of a split up, Moller being a prime example.

Be interesting to see what Eastern Ranges will do this year given they produced their first ever No. 1 Draft Pick last year.

Even had a former Ranges player as premiership winning Coach in Chris Scott so there's quite a good deal of stock out my way.

Here's hoping Jai Jordan gets drafted this year.

Not really keen on their list for 2012. I do not see them making the 8.

Anthony Tipungwuti, Simon Deery and Jack Johnstone will play as 19 year olds for Gippsland Power this season.

Tipungwuti has been in great form in the intraclub matches, and also in the practice match today against Sandringham.

Sandy won by 11 points in the end (didn't see the game or anything, but that's what the Power twitter account said!)

Have heard Tipungwuti's really knuckled down this offseason, done a full-preseason with the squad instead of heading back to the NT like he did last year. Apparently has improved his body shape dramatically. Hope so - he's very, very talented, would love him to get fit so we can really see what he can do.

Cheers HM,

Looks like Sandy might be strong again this season.

Nice article in the Hun yesterday...

10 suns of guns playing for Calder this season.

Interesting to read an article in a local paper this week where Dandenong Stingrays were saying how they are struggling for "talls" this year.
There's a 190cm key forward at Mornington that they might want to talk to. Takes heaps of contested grabs, won league B&F and goalkicking despite playing 6 games in the seniors. Having spoken to him in the past he wants to have a crack but has never been asked. Be worth a look at for them .

Correct. Knights had plenty of players out. Ended up a three quarter game, too hot.

Let's all try to provide some feedback on this weeks practice matches!! I will be at the Calder v Knights game as I know and have followed some boys from Calder.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back