Tac Cup 2013

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
3rd quarter. Mainly dominated by the Knights. They lead 11.4.70 to 9.8.62 Calder.
For the Knights Marcus Bontempelli had a great quarter off the wing (albeit with a couple turnovers).
Hugh Curnow was very impressive as well. Physical game from him.
Others to impress included Jordan Perry and Jesse Tardio in the midfield and Kyle McDonald and Tom Grimes down back.
Lewis Beers had a heap of it in the backline and Zac Ballard was also involved.
For the Cannons there were only a couple that quarter. Josh Cauchi was excellent in the forward pocket. Jayden Walker showed a bit at full-forward. Jake Lever has been excellent as a key back and Touk Miller provided some run through the midfield.
Excellent game first up.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Final scores are Knights 15.7.97 to Cannons 11.9.75.
Best for Knights - Jesse Tardio, Hugh Curnow, Ben Lennon, Jake Kalanj, Zac Ballard, Jordan Perry and Tom Grimes.
Best for Cannons - Josh Cauci with 6 goals, James Ferry, Jake Lever, Victor Carboni and Touk Miller.
A lot of good players for the Knights. My 3, 2, 1 would be:
3. Josh Cauci (Cald)
2. Jesse Tardio (Nth)
1. Hugh Curnow (Nth)

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
1st quarter in Oakleigh v Eastern
Score - Oakleigh 2.7.19 to Eastern 3.3.21.
Goals
Oakleigh - Billings and Franetic
Eastern - Riley, Roth and Honeychurch
Best
Oakleigh - Jay Kennedy-Harris, Aidan Franetic, Jack Billings, Nick Prowse and Hugh Beasley keeping Boyd out of it.
Eastern - Christian Petracca, Rory Sheridan-Ferrie, Connor O'Sullivan at CHF and Aarkon Bond really motoring and using the ball well

Eastern caused a massive upset, couldn't believe that.

Salem was just all class today but I thought Karl Amon was better in the seocnd half. So much skill amongst that Sandy side, they are a real diamond in the rough.

Thought Max Hayes was the best though, he even looked better than Boyd today (Boyd was double teamed in most cases).

Thought Jay Kennedy-Harris had a superb first half for Oakleigh but really quietened.

Josh Cauchi was lively in the first game and really kept the Cannons in the game, but their "bomb and hope" style just was never going to work.

Humble Minion

Team Captain
Dec 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Eastern have really found a couple. I had them written off as the Boyd and Cavarra show this year and thought they'd have fewer wins than I have legs, but it suddenly looked like they actually have some talent depth. Was very impressed indeed with Keedle who has genuine star quality, Walker was more than handy, Petracca is dodgy by foot but has vast physical presence and got a heap of the ball, and O'Sullivan was a revelation. Where were these blokes last year? I've been badmouthing the Ranges all off-season, and while it's early days yet it looks like i'm going to have to swallow a healthy serving of crow.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Eastern have really found a couple. I had them written off as the Boyd and Cavarra show this year and thought they'd have fewer wins than I have legs, but it suddenly looked like they actually have some talent depth. Was very impressed indeed with Keedle who has genuine star quality, Walker was more than handy, Petracca is dodgy by foot but has vast physical presence and got a heap of the ball, and O'Sullivan was a revelation. Where were these blokes last year? I've been badmouthing the Ranges all off-season, and while it's early days yet it looks like i'm going to have to swallow a healthy serving of crow.

Was talking to Sin City at the game and he was saying how impressed he was with all their depth.
They all worked coherently.
If I was to list guys that had good games today for them it'd be something like:
Bond, Cavarra, Sheridan-Ferrie, Petracca, Walker, Honeychurch (pre-injury), De Pace, Keedle, Boyd, O'Sullivan, Lazslo, Roth, Riley and I'm sure I've missed some.
Roth was particularly impressive up forward (though he did get beaten a bit by Darren Allen in the last quarter.
O'Sullivan's first half was top notch and really providing a target while Boyd was being double-teamed and beaten by Hugh Beasley.
To be sure Eastern's side seems much better than last year.

Excellent first half, quiet second half.
Still in their best few though.
Agreed. That's why in my personal votes I had both Hayes and Amon above him across four quarters. TAC Cup had him as BOG so was puzzled about that but was certainly a star early.

Back