TAC Cup 2016 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox sports needs TAC televised like Europe has with its youth competitions.

Need a dedicated channel to show games from TAC + state leagues.
Don't thi m it needs its own channel but instead of replaying games, AFL 360 and other shows 2/3 times they could slot some games in their. Possibly games of the week from each of the SANFL, VFL, WAFL and NEAFL and definitely each game of the National Championships.

I agree they should, but do they have the money and resources to? Probably not, it's not like you just take 1 person down there with a camera and microphone and bang you're live.

I agree they should, but do they have the money and resources to? Probably not, it's not like you just take 1 person down there with a camera and microphone and bang you're live.

True - Foxtel lost out on EPL bidding in the 150 mlns so I am guessing some money will be there for next three years.

Not sure if that would happen, but I'd really love it if the ABC showed one or two games a week on one of their channels alongside the VFL.

Absolutely cracking game at Wangaratta Sports Ground this afternoon between the top 2, with the hosts clawing the scores back to level by kicking the last two goals of the game in the final 4 minutes, including an ice cool slot by their standout in Will Brodie.

With heavy overnight rain soaking the ground, it wasn't for the faint hearted out there today. Still, Sandy Dragons managed to win three of the quarters (including the last into the teeth of a 3-4 goal wind), but the Bushies dominated the second term sufficiently to hit the sheds leading by 8 points, and held a single goal advantage at the final change.

A young, undersized and inexperienced Dragons unit (7 debuts today at TAC level after 16 players had to be replaced from last week's side that hammered NT), refused to yield despite the odds being stacked in the Bushies favour at the last change. Work rate, skill, tenacity and hardness were on show from both sides who threw everything they could at each other. Sandringham managed to slot 4 critical goals at the eastern end (the same as had been registered for the whole day) In the end, accuracy with the breeze in the second term proved the key factor for the home team - and hence the sides simply couldn't be split on the scoreboard. When the siren sounded, the ball was making its way back into the Bushies' forward line, but it was a little too late.

No doubt the return bout later in the season in old Melbourne town will involve vastly different line ups again, but if it's half as gripping as today's game, it will be worth a peep for sure!

Last edited:
Absolutely cracking game at Wangaratta Sports Ground this afternoon between the top 2, with the hosts clawing the scores back to level by kicking the last two goals of the game in the final 4 minutes, including an ice cool slot by their standout in Will Brodie.

With heavy overnight rain soaking the ground, it wasn't for the faint hearted out there today. Still, Sandy Dragons managed to win three of the quarters (including the last into the teeth of a 3-4 goal wind), but the Bushies dominated the second term sufficiently to hit the sheds leading by 8 points, and held a single goal advantage at the final change.

A young, undersized and inexperienced Dragons unit (7 debuts today at TAC level after 16 players had to be replaced from last week's side that hammered NT), refused to yield despite the odds being stacked in the Bushies favour at the last change. Work rate, skill, tenacity and hardness were on show from both sides who threw everything they could at each other. Sandringham managed to slot 4 critical goals at the eastern end (the same as had been registered for the whole day) In the end, accuracy with the breeze in the second term proved the key factor for the home team - and hence the sides simply couldn't be split on the scoreboard. When the siren sounded, the ball was making its way back into the Bushies' forward line, but it was a little too late.

No doubt the return bout later in the season in old Melbourne town will involve vastly different line ups again, but if it's half as gripping as today's game, it will be worth a peep for sure!

images

Dunno about fox but with streaming and online content now equate the cost of filming a game or two a week, versus the online payment of subscriptions , plus the added benefit of increased visibility for sponsors and then the unedited footage has an on sale value to recruiters.

the big problem is the live delivery is what would really blow the cost out. If it's not live then it is much easier and cheaper. But if it's not live are people really interested enough ?

Where does everyone see Andrew McGrath from the Sandringham Dragons going in the draft? 44 possessions and 19 tackles in a BOG performance against the Gippsland Power. Pushing for top 10?

Where does everyone see Andrew McGrath from the Sandringham Dragons going in the draft? 44 possessions and 19 tackles in a BOG performance against the Gippsland Power. Pushing for top 10?
Never seen him play but have heard some great things about him from those that have. I was more impressed by his apparent attributes such as his pace and run and carry then any stats(Mainly because I hadn't yet seen any stats) but wow 44 possessions and 19 tackles is fantastic on paper. Would definitely be rising up recruiters draft boards after a performance like that.

Never seen him play but have heard some great things about him from those that have. I was more impressed by his apparent attributes such as his pace and run and carry then any stats(Mainly because I hadn't yet seen any stats) but wow 44 possessions and 19 tackles is fantastic on paper. Would definitely be rising up recruiters draft boards after a performance like that.
Definitely an athletic players, very quick, good height has a good leap on him. Seems a likely sort of type. On the phantom drafts I've seen around, they seem to have him hovering late first, early second, but I can only see that rising through the year especially with a good u/18's tournament.

Definitely an athletic players, very quick, good height has a good leap on him. Seems a likely sort of type. On the phantom drafts I've seen around, they seem to have him hovering late first, early second, but I can only see that rising through the year especially with a good u/18's tournament.
Yeah agreed. A poster on the Lions board saw him play and said he reminded them of Lions premiership player Tim Notting. With a good leap and his run and carry ability Notting sounds like a good comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think the league has the ability to live-stream games like the Brighton Grammar v Geelong Grammar game was last year? I think that would be enough to satisfy a lot of people.

Do you think the league has the ability to live-stream games like the Brighton Grammar v Geelong Grammar game was last year? I think that would be enough to satisfy a lot of people.

I think that company mysportlive cover the local VAFA football competition filming most games. Not sure the resources at AFL Vic are there- you could argue if they just had every game uploaded somewhere online for all to see people would be satisfied- But It wouldn't be hard to film the match and have the TAC Cup radio stuff with it

How's zach Guthrie at Calder tracking? Is he eligible this year or next?
2016 draft eligible.

Averaging 14 disposals in 7 games. Calder are pretty weak this year & he's not apart of the VM squad & I don't think he'll be drafted.

BUT- I'm yet to see him live this year so cant overly comment

Last edited:
2016 draft eligible.

Averaging 14 disposals in 7 games. Calder are pretty weak this year & he's not apart of the VM squad & I don't think he'll be drafted.

BUT- I'm yet to see him live this year so cant overly comment

Is Junker from the Western Jets in that squad Bishop?

Yeah agreed. A poster on the Lions board saw him play and said he reminded them of Lions premiership player Tim Notting. With a good leap and his run and carry ability Notting sounds like a good comparison.
Depends whether he can cheat on his missus and wreck his kids nursery.

On a different note, any definite draft prospects from the Stingrays?

I'm really interested to see how far Brodie Romensky goes with regards to the draft. Watched him play a couple of times at the beginning of the year as a key back for the Jets. He was rarely beaten on either occasion, read the flight of the ball well, but it was clear that despite looking strong on the rebound, he would face an uphill struggle to be recruited as a key position player (189cm). Played on-ball at the weekend and had 36 disposals and seven tackles. Could be a bit of a smokey.

I've watched him a few times this year, loves the tough stuff, very consistent. Has ok skills but nothing flashy. Reads the ball well in the air but doesn't take pack marks and seems to drop simple marks every now and then. No frills tough nut when hes in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back