TAC Cup 2016 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know anything about the Under 17 futures game this upcoming weekend? Squads announcements ?
Players were notified two weeks ago, at Ikon Park on Sunday from what I can gauge. They'll probably make the full squads known later in the week.

I'll put in my 2 cents worth next week. The Pioneers are at home.
I guess I'd better do this. After writing about McCluggage and then finding out he had 37 possessions, I'm a little gun shy. Don't want to look stupid again so quickly. :)
A very entertaining game, for the most part, played in 2 very different halves. In the 1st half, Bendigo had a real hot go and were the more impressive side. In the 2nd half, the well oiled North Ballarat machine stepped up a gear and pounded the Pios, who didn't have the players or the commitment in the 3rd term.
Some players really impressed me:
[1] Jarrod Berry: for a guy who has struggled this year, he had a very good game. He played a high half forward role in the first half and didn't do a lot, followed by a period as either FF or FP, where he was brilliant. Lead well. Marked well. Kicked well. Used his body intelligently and attacked the ball well. A big improvement on what I'd seen of him earlier in the year.
[2] Shannon Beks: one of very few 4 quarter players. Bendigo found him a difficult matchup all day and he took some excellent marks and kicked well for goal.
[3] Wheelahan: the best I've seen him play so far. He really picked up after half time and made a real impact.
[4] Hugh McCuggage: I've already discussed him elsewhere. I was looking for him all day and he must have been right under my nose to get it 37 times. His kicking was excellent, a standout, especially compared to the less than reliable kicking of his opponents. I honestly did not see him get a single centre square clearance, and the Rebels got a lot of them.
I give up: I clearly couldn't see him for what he was.
[5] The Pioneers had a lad called Formosa, a 166 cm tall small forward, cum mid. He had an excellent game, showing real pace and kicking goals. He kicked a couple of real rippers from deep in the pocket. He might be small enough to be Tyrion Lannister, but he moved like The Atom.
I have no idea of he is on the draft horizon: with his height (or lack of it), it is unlikely. But he looked as impressive a crumbing forward as I've seen this year.

I guess I'd better do this. After writing about McCluggage and then finding out he had 37 possessions, I'm a little gun shy. Don't want to look stupid again so quickly. :)
A very entertaining game, for the most part, played in 2 very different halves. In the 1st half, Bendigo had a real hot go and were the more impressive side. In the 2nd half, the well oiled North Ballarat machine stepped up a gear and pounded the Pios, who didn't have the players or the commitment in the 3rd term.
[1] Jarrod Berry: for a guy who has struggled this year, he had a very good game. He played a high half forward role in the first half and didn't do a lot, followed by a period as either FF or FP, where he was brilliant. Lead well. Marked well. Kicked well. Used his body intelligently and attacked the ball well. A big improvement on what I'd seen of him earlier in the year.
[2] Shannon Beks: one of very few 4 quarter players. Bendigo found him a difficult matchup all day and he took some excellent marks and kicked well for goal.
[3] Wheelahan: the best I've seen him play so far. He really picked up after half time and made a real impact.
[4] Hugh McCuggage: I've already discussed him elsewhere. I was looking for him all day and he must have been right under my nose to get it 37 times. His kicking was excellent, a standout, especially compared to the less than reliable kicking of his opponents. I honestly did not see him get a single centre square clearance, and the Rebels got a lot of them.
[5] The Pioneers had a lad called Formosa, a 166 cm tall small forward, cum mid. He had an excellent game, showing real pace and kicking goals. He kicked a couple of real rippers from deep in the pocket. He might be small enough to be Tyrion Lannister, but he moved like The Atom.
I have no idea of he is on the draft horizon: with his height (or lack of it), it is unlikely. But he looked as impressive a crumbing forward as I've seen this year.
I was also in Bendigo on Sunday to watch the rebels-Pio's game and would have to agree with you re:McCluggage, I was shocked to see that he had 37 touches and was given B.O.G. Although having seen a lot of TAC cup games its not the first time I was surprised when the best players and stats are published.

I was also in Bendigo on Sunday to watch the rebels-Pio's game and would have to agree with you re:McCluggage, I was shocked to see that he had 37 touches and was given B.O.G. Although having seen a lot of TAC cup games its not the first time I was surprised when the best players and stats are published.
Good. I am glad I am not going totally insane. I was worrying. :)

Sometimes players get a ton of the ball but they can just go unnoticed when watching live. Im sure everyone has been to a AFL game live and looked at the stats later to be surprised at a players numbers. Call it how you see it mate. If we wanted a run down based on stats we would just read them ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha, I was hoping you'd get the hint to look at the fixture!
I looked it up a month ago and realised there was a week off but for some reason this week I put that to the back of my mind haha well anyway I headed down since I was in the area anyway I've never been to the ground so was nice to get a look anyway.

Stingrays up 25 to 13. Dan Allsop for dandy has some moves, Pipers disposal dodgy from the back half, Battle hardly sighted. Darling(14) La Fontaine(8) and Allsop(42) best for Dandy. For Murray Pinnuck is the standout with great run and quality disposal by foot. Ratugolea dominated ruck early before knee soreness sent him to FF. McMullen an undersized ruck looked very good. Sproule is playing defence, kicks to Marshall have been horrible and finally Brodie has been on and off the bench, Spreads well and kicked a nice goal aswell

26 to 38 Murray take the lead. Best for Dandy that quarter Morrish (12) De Witt (46) Gill-Renouf (33). Best for Murray Spargo (6) Pinnuck (11) Donaghey (19) Brodie (7) Wallace (15). Sproule is playing on Battle. Battle is winning the one on ones but not converting his opportunities. Marshall has 2 goals but have been easy shots close to goal.

Stingrays up 25 to 13. Dan Allsop for dandy has some moves, Pipers disposal dodgy from the back half, Battle hardly sighted. Darling(14) La Fontaine(8) and Allsop(42) best for Dandy. For Murray Pinnuck is the standout with great run and quality disposal by foot. Ratugolea dominated ruck early before knee soreness sent him to FF. McMullen an undersized ruck looked very good. Sproule is playing defence, kicks to Marshall have been horrible and finally Brodie has been on and off the bench, Spreads well and kicked a nice goal aswell

piper has missed 1 target mate.. dodgy disposal is a bit over the top..

Battle has picked up a calf injury

I did say disposal not disposals so yeah, also Battle seems fine at the moment but Pinnuck certainly isn't hahha

yeah must have had some work on it at half time.

stingrays missed heaps of opportunities there! going to be tough to win from here

49 to 47 Stingrays retake the lead. Best for Dandy that quarter Poholke (10) Allsop (42) Battle (17) Gill-Renouf (33), best for Murray Brodie (7) Garthwaite (25) Spargo (6) Donaghey (19) Pinnuck (11). Dandy lifted their intensity and Murray where ineffective going forward.

Wow what a game that was, Dandy win by just 1 point with Hunter Clark kicking one of his 2 goals off half back. Some interesting match ups. Battle vs Sproule, Brodie vs Poholke and Spargo vs Piper. Best players for dandy where Gill-Renouf (33) Poholke (10) Darling (14) Allsop (42) Battle (17) Morrish (12) Clark (2) De Witt (46), best for Murray where Pinnuck (11) Spargo (6) Brodie (7) Donaghey (19) Paton (9) Wallace (15) Marshall (40) Garthwaite (25). Multiple goal kickers where Clark and Allsop for dandy with 2 each. Murray was 2 for Spargo and 3 for Marshall. If anyone wants a detailed review of certain players just quote this and let me know :)

Wow what a game that was, Dandy win by just 1 point with Hunter Clark kicking one of his 2 goals off half back. Some interesting match ups. Battle vs Sproule, Brodie vs Poholke and Spargo vs Piper. Best players for dandy where Gill-Renouf (33) Poholke (10) Darling (14) Allsop (42) Battle (17) Morrish (12) Clark (2) De Witt (46), best for Murray where Pinnuck (11) Spargo (6) Brodie (7) Donaghey (19) Paton (9) Wallace (15) Marshall (40) Garthwaite (25). Multiple goal kickers where Clark and Allsop for dandy with 2 each. Murray was 2 for Spargo and 3 for Marshall. If anyone wants a detailed review of certain players just quote this and let me know :)

Interestingly all three of his goals were from 10-15m out if that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back