TAC Cup Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Boys I reckon my side was pretty close too:$
I had Styles in my back pocket originally. I am not sure he is a good enough kick.
This weeks trial game will be interesting.
The hard thing to predict is how many bottom angers will get a game.
The two kings should both play and I really like Taylor.

I had Styles in my back pocket originally. I am not sure he is a good enough kick.
Country will play a few like Walsh, Duursma, Riordan, Barzen, Garoni and Atley. Bytel is a good chance aswell for Metro

Good call with the Mynott selection one who has starred at school footy in the last month.

TAC Cup stats Round 8-

Geelong Falcons-
Cassidy Parish 27 disposals 4 tackles.

Harry Benson 29 disposals 1 goal 11 tackles.

Gryan Miers 23 disposals 2 goals

Calder Cannons-
Ben Caluzzi 22 disposals 2 goals 4 tackles

Noah Balta 21 disposals 2 goals 6 marks

Dandenong Stingrays-
Tom De Koning 9 disposals 4 goals 4 marks

Hunter Clark 28 disposals 8 tackles

Eastern Ranges-
Tom North 24 disposals 5 tackles

Jaidyn Stephenson 16 disposals 13 tackles

Sam Hayes 15 disposals 1 goal 8 marks 21 hit-outs

Gippsland Power-
Aidan Quigley 19 disposals 1 goal

Northern Knights-
Jack Petrucelle 18 disposals 5 goals 4 tackles

Sandringham Dragons-
Hamish Brayshaw 32 disposals 2 goals 3 tackles

GWV Rebels-
Aiden Domic 23 disposals 2 tackles

Jordan Johnston 11 disposals 2 goals 5 marks 5 tackles

Murray Bushrangers-
Daniel Johnston 16 disposals 2 goals 4 marks

Oakleigh Chargers-
Toby Wooller 16 disposals 3 goals 7 marks 7 tackles

Jack Higgins 15 disposals 3 goals 7 tackles

Bendigo Pioneers-

Darby Henderson 22 disposals 3 goals 6 tackles

Kane Farrell 15 disposals 1 goal 5 tackles

Western Jets-

Nicholas Sthuldreier 25 disposals 1 goal 6 tackles

Good call with the Mynott selection one who has starred at school footy in the last month.
Mynott is a top 30 prospect. Wins footy inside and outside.
His game translates well to afl footy in my opinion. I reckon I also had north who is going ok.

Country will play a few like Walsh, Duursma, Riordan, Barzen, Garoni and Atley. Bytel is a good chance aswell for Metro
Don't reckon duursma, riordan or Atley will be in squad.

TAC Cup stats Round 9-

Sandringham Dragons-
Hayden Mclean 12 possessions 2 goals 3 tackles

Quintin Montanaro 33 disposals 7 tackles

Eastern Ranges-
Jaidyn Stephenson 26 disposals 1 goal 7 tackles

Sam Hayes 23 disposals 1 goal 41 hit-outs 5 marks

Tom North 27 disposals 6 tackles

Geelong Falcons-
Adam Garner 14 disposals 6 goals 9 marks

Harry Benson 27 disposals 9 tackles

Sam Walsh 30 disposals 6 tackles

Cassidy Parish 22 disposals 8 tackles

Gippsland Power-
Aidan Quigley 21 disposals 5 tackles

Callum Porter 36 disposals 4 goals 12 tackles

Oakleigh Chargers-
Jack Higgins 15 disposals 4 goals 3 tackles

Toby Wooller 12 disposals 2 goals 3 tackles

Western Jets-
Cameron Rayner 18 disposals 3 goals 4 tackles

Calder Cannons-
Noah Balta 15 disposals 2 goals 8 marks 7 tackles

Northern Knights-
Jack Petrucelle 10 disposals 1 goal 6 tackles

Nick Coffield 30 disposals 10 marks

Bendigo Pioneers-
Kane Farrell 17 disposals 1 goal 8 marks

Phil Moi Moi 13 disposals 3 tackles (Posted his stats simply due to his name but he was named as the Pioneers 2nd best player:thumbsu:)

Darby Henderson 31 disposals 3 tackles

Dandenong Stingrays-
Tom De Koning 10 disposals 3 goals 6 marks

Hunter Clark 30 disposals 8 tackles

Murray Bushrangers-
Daniel Johnston 11 disposals 3 goals

GWV Rebels-

Aiden Domic 34 disposals 1 goal 7 tackles(Looks like someone wasn't pleased he missed the Vic Country squad)

Tom Berry 26 disposals 8 tackles 3 behinds

Dale Cox 12 disposals 2 tackles

Cassidy Parish and James Worpel combined for 78 disposals (31 contested), 16 marks, 16 inside 50s, 12 clearances, 10 tackles and two goals - all be it against a weak Bendigo Pioneers.

James Worpel kicked at 38% including eight clangers by foot. :eek:

Cassidy Parish and James Worpel combined for 78 disposals (31 contested), 16 marks, 16 inside 50s, 12 clearances, 10 tackles and two goals - all be it against a weak Bendigo Pioneers.

James Worpel kicked at 38% including eight clangers by foot. :eek:
Warped looks to be at least second round prospect to me atm. His kicking is getting poorer not better.
Parish a very very late pick but more likely rookie or misses out.

Not sure how Fletcher and Caluzzi got named in the Cannons top six today. Fletcher was 3 meters behind his man all day, dropped marks and was pushed off to easily. Caluzzi for a senior player made too many errors. Kicking in to 3 on 1 contests. Nowhere near it for mine today.

Not sure how Fletcher and Caluzzi got named in the Cannons top six today. Fletcher was 3 meters behind his man all day, dropped marks and was pushed off to easily. Caluzzi for a senior player made too many errors. Kicking in to 3 on 1 contests. Nowhere near it for mine today.

I didn't think you could get in the bests unless your name is Bernacki,

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even he had an off day to his usual high standard. I would of put him in but not at one. I agree with two of the six.

I don't agree that his standard is high. He may do one or two effective things in a game but otherwise he is an accumulator of possessions only. There is nothing 'special' or elite to his game and his kicking and decision making is poor. Thought for Cannons Sholl, Caluzzi Landt and Browning were all very good.

I don't agree that his standard is high. He may do one or two effective things in a game but otherwise he is an accumulator of possessions only. There is nothing 'special' or elite to his game and his kicking and decision making is poor. Thought for Cannons Sholl, Caluzzi Landt and Browning were all very good.

Maybe I need to choose my words better. Yes he is a high possession player, his kicking is not that good but he does give a contest. I agree with Sholl. Landt was below normal and not really in the game (that would of been from the metro games), caluzzi made too many mistakes. Browning for a bottom age boy impresses me. I thought Moussa also tried hard. Brookes (yes I know what you all think), held the players he was on goalless again, his defence was good and he hit his marks when kicking. Moustafa was good until the knee injury.

Maybe I need to choose my words better. Yes he is a high possession player, his kicking is not that good but he does give a contest. I agree with Sholl. Landt was below normal and not really in the game (that would of been from the metro games), caluzzi made too many mistakes. Browning for a bottom age boy impresses me. I thought Moussa also tried hard. Brookes (yes I know what you all think), held the players he was on goalless again, his defence was good and he hit his marks when kicking. Moustafa was good until the knee injury.

Sholl is developing nicely and will be all the better next year for the hit outs gained this year as will Browning. Agree Landt probably suffered a little in the adjustment back from Metro but his use of the ball and decision making is super. He has the ability to open up space as he did so often today that resulted in link up play and scoring shots. Perhaps he should be less selfless as he was with the team handballs and take the game on as he can do for his own accolades. Caluzzi for mine is a beautiful kick on both sides of his body but unlike Landt, needs to handball off more often and develop the team aspect to his game. Nonetheless has talent. Brookes works hard and is a team player but need to learn when to run off his man and play an offensive role as well. With 6 or so games to go, will be keen to watch their development. Hopefully Hanna will play on next year as a 19yo

Sholl is developing nicely and will be all the better next year for the hit outs gained this year as will Browning. Agree Landt probably suffered a little in the adjustment back from Metro but his use of the ball and decision making is super. He has the ability to open up space as he did so often today that resulted in link up play and scoring shots. Perhaps he should be less selfless as he was with the team handballs and take the game on as he can do for his own accolades. Caluzzi for mine is a beautiful kick on both sides of his body but unlike Landt, needs to handball off more often and develop the team aspect to his game. Nonetheless has talent. Brookes works hard and is a team player but need to learn when to run off his man and play an offensive role as well. With 6 or so games to go, will be keen to watch their development. Hopefully Hanna will play on next year as a 19yo

Agree that Caluzzi has an amazing kick off both legs but at the moment that is the only thing he is using. Most of his kicks are just hacks out of defence which go straight to opposition. That is the best thing somebody else has said about Brookes all season. As for Hanna, he has dropped the ball literally in the past 4 weeks. He has lost confidence in his marking or so it seems to be. His kicking has also let him down.

What did you think of Fletchers game today?

Last edited:
Agree that Caluzzi has an amazing kick off both legs but at the moment that is the only thing he is using. Most of his kicks are just hacks out of defence which go straight to opposition. That is the best thing somebody else has said about Brookes all season. As for Hanna, he has dropped the ball literally in the past 4 weeks. He has lost confidence in his marking or so it seems to be. His kicking has also let him down.

great discussion fellas
i wasn't at the game it is good to hear your perspective on things

Fletcher is the he image of his old man. He is still a bit gangly as young talls often are but I like the fact he's prepared to run off his player and attack the footy even if he was caught out a couple of times. Once he masters this balance he will be an exciting prospect.

Fletcher is the he image of his old man. He is still a bit gangly as young talls often are but I like the fact he's prepared to run off his player and attack the footy even if he was caught out a couple of times. Once he masters this balance he will be an exciting prospect.

I agree with your description but on yesterdays game he certainly wasn't in their best.

I agree with your description but on yesterdays game he certainly wasn't in their best.

Rarely does the Cannons 'bests' truely reflect their games. No recruiter or phantom drafter would seriously look at the bests for inspiration. Seriously wondering if the posted bests are to draw attention to those otherwise lacking recruiting interest?

Rarely does the Cannons 'bests' truely reflect their games. No recruiter or phantom drafter would seriously look at the bests for inspiration. Seriously wondering if the posted bests are to draw attention to those otherwise lacking recruiting interest?

It is very interesting that you say that. I have been thinking exactly the same thing.
I see a number of people think that Caluzzi was unlucky not to make the Metro side and Bernacki got cut early.
Overheard somebody say yesterday that whoever has been picking the best six in the last three weeks obviously wasn't watching the game.

It is very interesting that you say that. I have been thinking exactly the same thing.
I see a number of people think that Caluzzi was unlucky not to make the Metro side and Bernacki got cut early.
Overheard somebody say yesterday that whoever has been picking the best six in the last three weeks obviously wasn't watching the game.

Caluzzi a bit stiff to have missed at least a second trial game, was very good for mine against VC and would have liked to see him in the wet vs Allies. Bernacki nowhere near the level of the midfielders he was competing against and for his size 176 and 72 kgs lacked versatility, simply not competing with the likes of Moore and Higgins, Penrith etc. Caluzzi not helped though by the fact he has not tested in either of last year's or this year's TAC pre season testing days IMO

I see there was a write up on Bernacki in the Local Leader today. Was talking about his great month of TAC and being the best player not to make the Metro side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back