TAC Cup Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not one for looking just at stats but also taking the input or affect on the game as well. Agree that Bernacki is a possession gatherer, but look at Fletcher and Cavallaro's game and stats together and you wonder how they were named in the top six.
Enough said about last week, lets look forward to the next round.

All the guns are back playing TAC this week with the likes or Rayner and LDU playing for their clubs. I won't be able to make any of the games this week unfortunately but I'll be making sure to get updates from these games
Will Sutherland be playing for Sandy?

Did you end up going mate?

Yep, Miers stood out with five snags and could have had 8, windy conditions. Falcons just had too much depth and shared it around. Jets brave but midfield was overpowered basically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Rayner go?

First quarter he was good, showed glimpses of what he could do, but didn't get a heap of it. Falcons clearly watching him, probably played 70/30 forward and it didn't go down there when they kicked into the breeze. Connor Idun did a good job on him 1v1, in the midfield he bullocked his way through fending off a couple of blokes seemingly time and time again. Might be named in the best but he'd probably be that 6th-8th best for mine. Not a heap of stand outs for the Jets.

I thought Mould was ultra impressive in defence, Murphy nullified Garner in the first three quarters and Khamis shut down McCartin completely. It was Miers, Noble and a lesser extent Handley that did all the damage for the Falcons.

Last edited:
First quarter he was good, showed glimpses of what he could do, but didn't get a heap of it. Falcons clearly watching him, probably played 70/30 forward and it didn't go down there when they kicked into the breeze. Connor Idun did a good job on him 1v1, in the midfield he bullocked his way through fending off a couple of blokes seemingly time and time again. Might be named in the best but he'd probably be that 6th-8th best for mine. Not a heap of stand outs for the Jets.

I thought Mould was ultra impressive in defence, Murphy nullified Garner in the first three quarters and Khamis shut down McCartin completely. It was Miers, Noble and a lesser extent Handley that did all the damage for the Falcons.

I didn't think Rayner had a big impact on the game. Fogarty played well.

Worpel's kicking was pretty good, I can't see anything technically to be concerned about.

Falcons midfield won the battle.

I think Mould was on Miers in last qtr and got 3 kicked on him.

Miers is impressive.

The small forwards did the damage when Falcons kicked with the wind.

Jets really struggled with their kick outs in the 2nd qtr. Kept kicking long to the same side of ground, grandstand side, Falcons won it back and made them pay.

I didn't think Rayner had a big impact on the game. Fogarty played well.

Worpel's kicking was pretty good, I can't see anything technically to be concerned about.

Falcons midfield won the battle.

I think Mould was on Miers in last qtr and got 3 kicked on him.

Miers is impressive.

The small forwards did the damage when Falcons kicked with the wind.

Jets really struggled with their kick outs in the 2nd qtr. Kept kicking long to the same side of ground, grandstand side, Falcons won it back and made them pay.
Yeah exactly, each time Rayner got it he seemed to be able to fend off two or three blokes, but wasn't able to influence the contest the way he did at Champs. Delivery inside 50 was far from ideal too.

Worpel played more outside today than he had previously. He was still at stoppages but I found he was able to get into space a lot and win a fair bit of ball on the wing/flanks which he has been doing over the course of the season more. The Falcons midfield runs deep so they can afford to do it.

Miers was too strong for Mould one-on-one, but I thought Mould over the course of the game, not neccesarily the last quarter was smart with his body positioning and ability to rebound. He and Murphy won a fair few intercept possessions. Buku Khamis' work on Tom McCartin was also impressive for mine, kept him on a tight leash. Garner was strong 1v1 with Murphy when opposed to him, but didn't have that six-goal impact he did against the Power last time at Colac - he was playing a bigger bodied player though.

Miers could be one of those draft bolters by the end of the season, he makes smart decisions, good 1v1, good positioning and goal sense. A real all-round forward.

Cracking game at Shepp yesterday albeit not the first quarter which saw Cannons chasing their tails. From the second quarter on once Cannons 'settled' it was game on, ebbing back and forth and producing really solid contests from both sides. Was interested to see Johnston, Lane and Barzen for the Bushes and they didn't disappoint, Johnston kicking 6 I believe. For Calder Balta had a standout game IMO, much more impressive when he plays a more mobile role and can run into space, which he did. His intercept marking was a real highlight to his game. Jesse Fibrace was a revelation and then I think you could through a blanket over quite a few when determining the bests. Possibly the best team Cannons have fielded all year. More time on the clock and the game could have gone either way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some stats
Cameron Rayner 14 Disposals, 5 Handball Receives
Luke Davies-Uniacke 21 Disposals, 2 Goals
Adam Cerra 24 Disposals, 3 goals 5 Behinds
Jaidyn Stephenson 26 Disposals, 6 Marks
Sam Hayes 21 Disposals, 7 Marks
Charlie Constable 29 Disposals, 3 Goals
Hunter Clark 20 Disposals, 12 Handball Receives
Jack Higgins 30 Disposals, 2 Goals
Nick Coffield 24 Disposals, 15 Handball receives
Noah Balta 31 Disposals, 7 Marks
James Worpel 34 Disposals, 6 Tackles
Oscar Clavarino 20 Disposals, 11 Marks
Patrick Naish 19 Disposals, 2 Goals
Joel Garner 18 Disposals, 8 Handball Receives
Andrew Brayshaw 25 Disposals, 8 Tackles
Jack Petruccelle 11 Disposals, 2 Behinds
Lachlan Fogarty 28 Disposals, 5 Tackles
Gryan Miers 21 Disposals, 5 Goals
Changkuoth Jiath 20 Disposals, 8 Tackles
Dylan Moore 26 Disposals, 2 Goals
Trent Mynott 27 Disposals, 9 Handball Receives
Jackson Ross 25 Disposals, 2 Goals 4 Behinds
Ryley Stoddart 8 Disposals, 4 Handball Receives
Tom North 25 Disposals, 9 Handball Receives
Nathan Murphy 17 Disposals, 3 Goals
Kane Farrell 15 Disposals, 5 Marks
Angus Schumacher 25 Disposals, 7 Tackles
Cassidy Parish 33 Disposals, 5 Tackles
Matthew Ling 23 Disposals, 12 Handball Receives
Ethan Floyd 17 Disposals, 5 Marks
Daniel Johnston 15 Disposals, 6 Goals
Dylan Landt 13 Disposals, 2 Goals
Jordan Johnston 21 Disposals, 7 Marks
Toby Wooler 26 Disposals, 6 Tackles
Charlie Thompson 21 Disposals, 2 Goals 3 Behinds

Some stats
Cameron Rayner 14 Disposals, 5 Handball Receives
Luke Davies-Uniacke 21 Disposals, 2 Goals
Adam Cerra 24 Disposals, 3 goals 5 Behinds
Jaidyn Stephenson 26 Disposals, 6 Marks
Sam Hayes 21 Disposals, 7 Marks
Charlie Constable 29 Disposals, 3 Goals
Hunter Clark 20 Disposals, 12 Handball Receives
Jack Higgins 30 Disposals, 2 Goals
Nick Coffield 24 Disposals, 15 Handball receives
Noah Balta 31 Disposals, 7 Marks
James Worpel 34 Disposals, 6 Tackles
Oscar Clavarino 20 Disposals, 11 Marks
Patrick Naish 19 Disposals, 2 Goals
Joel Garner 18 Disposals, 8 Handball Receives
Andrew Brayshaw 25 Disposals, 8 Tackles
Jack Petruccelle 11 Disposals, 2 Behinds
Lachlan Fogarty 28 Disposals, 5 Tackles
Gryan Miers 21 Disposals, 5 Goals
Changkuoth Jiath 20 Disposals, 8 Tackles
Dylan Moore 26 Disposals, 2 Goals
Trent Mynott 27 Disposals, 9 Handball Receives
Jackson Ross 25 Disposals, 2 Goals 4 Behinds
Ryley Stoddart 8 Disposals, 4 Handball Receives
Tom North 25 Disposals, 9 Handball Receives
Nathan Murphy 17 Disposals, 3 Goals
Kane Farrell 15 Disposals, 5 Marks
Angus Schumacher 25 Disposals, 7 Tackles
Cassidy Parish 33 Disposals, 5 Tackles
Matthew Ling 23 Disposals, 12 Handball Receives
Ethan Floyd 17 Disposals, 5 Marks
Daniel Johnston 15 Disposals, 6 Goals
Dylan Landt 13 Disposals, 2 Goals
Jordan Johnston 21 Disposals, 7 Marks
Toby Wooler 26 Disposals, 6 Tackles
Charlie Thompson 21 Disposals, 2 Goals 3 Behinds
Where on the ground did Balta play? More midfield time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back