TAC Cup Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

One guys who's kicking has been super in the games I've seen this year is Will Donaghey and somehow he didn't make the squad, I was shocked he didn't get in same with Oaklieghs Charlie Thompson although Thompson isn't th greatest kick statistically he has been in the top 10 players so far in the TAC

Speed is an issue for both of them IMO.

Thompsons first few steps are very quick, Donaghey for his size (192cm) is actually quite quick. Thompson is no slower than guys like Jarnestrom and Bernacki and I like both those players

Charlie Thompson over 5metres speed is well below his own Oakleigh team average.
His 20m is 3.158s which is poor

Jarnestrom is 3.053s & Bernacki is 3.097 (but his speed over 5m is the quickest of all three).

Charlie Thompson over 5metres speed is well below his own Oakleigh team average.
His 20m is 3.158s which is poor

Jarnestrom is 3.053s & Bernacki is 3.097 (but his speed over 5m is the quickest of all three).
I'd go off what I've seen, Darcy Parish statistically wasn't good there either but still a gun midfielder, maybe it's Thompsons quick thinking that makes him look quicker either way he gets good seperation on his first few steps much like Sam Mitchell

I'd go off what I've seen, Darcy Parish statistically wasn't good there either but still a gun midfielder, maybe it's Thompsons quick thinking that makes him look quicker either way he gets good seperation on his first few steps much like Sam Mitchell

Darcy Parish ran a 3.06s as a 16 yr old & 3.01s in his draft year.

Darcy Parish ran a 3.06s as a 16 yr old & 3.01s in his draft year.
Imma gonna shut up since I don't have the almanac in my head as you do haha

My point is tests don't tell the full story on how quick a player is in game. Certain players could be super quick but they won't use it in a game, my point is Thompson isn't a plodder he thinks and uses the ball quickly although he is prone to trying to take on the opposing player too much and will get caught holding the ball but the intent to move the ball quickly is there

Bishop, foj1 and i have decided to make our own Vic Country and Metro teams, anyone else willing to have a go is free to do so, heaps of players very stiff and players that i personally would pick haven't been picked purely going of the history of how teams are picked.

Country MEtro Big footy.PNG

Edit: Garoni in for either Patterson or Atley

Last edited:
Took me a while to look at this - tough task to do as there are always players stiff who don't make it & then players who you can't believe who have made it. Tried to put players in a position as best as possible, but factored in players who I expect to get picked rather than what I would do too
** = Bottom age
^^ = Currently injured

(Squads of 30)

COUNTRY
B: Ben Paton, Oscar Clavarino, Angus Schumacher
HB: Kane Farrell, Jordon Butts, Hunter Clark
C: Lochie O'Brien, Paddy Dow, Ethan Floyd
HF: Aidan Quigley, Hudson Garoni ^^**, Changkuoth Jiath
F: Brent Daniels, Tom De Koning, Riley D'Arcy
Foll: Lloyd Meek, Luke Davies-Uniacke, James Worpel

INT: Tom McCartin, Jye Caldwell **, Cassidy Parish, Aiden Domic, Sam Walsh **, Floyd Bollinghaus ^^**
EMER: Nick Hogan, Zane Barzen **, Gryan Miers, Bailey Morrish

METRO
B: Ben King**, Ethan Phillips, Ryley Stoddart
HB: Charlie Constable ^^, Noah Balta , Quintin Montanaro
C: Patrick Naish, Adam Cerra, Jack Petruccelle
HF: Cameron Rayner, Toby Wooller, Jaidyn Stephenson
F: Jack Higgins, Hayden McLean , Max King ^^**
Foll: Sam Hayes, Lachlan Fogarty, Joel Garner

INT: Rhylee West **, Andrew Brayshaw, Jackson Ross, Nicholas Coffield, , Tristan Xerri, Ethan Penrith
EMER: Noah Answerth ^^, Nicholas Stuhldreier, Jack Bytel **, Marcus Lentini

Last edited:
Took me a while to look at this - tough task to do as there are always players stiff who don't make it & then players who you can't believe who have made it. Tried to put players in a position as best as possible, but factored in players who I expect to get picked rather than what I would do too
** = Bottom age
^^ = Currently injured

(Squads of 30)

COUNTRY

INT: Tom McCartin, Jye Caldwell **, Cassidy Parish, Aiden Domic, Sam Walsh **, Floyd Bollinghaus ^^**

METRO
B: Ethan Penrith, Ethan Phillips, Ryley Stoddart
HB: Charlie Constable ^^, Ben King**, Quintin Montanaro

INT: Rhylee West **, Andrew Brayshaw, Jackson Ross, Nicholas Coffield, Marcus Lentini, Tristan Xerri
EMER: Noah Answerth ^^, Buku Khamis **, Nicholas Stuhldreier, Jack Bytel **
Ive seen nothing that suggests Garoni is even in the squads, if he is i would have him in my Country lineup for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

** = Bottom age
^^ = Currently injured

(Squads of 30)

COUNTRY

METRO
B: Ethan Penrith, Ethan Phillips, Ryley Stoddart
HB: Charlie Constable ^^, Ben King**, Quintin Montanaro

INT: Rhylee West **, Andrew Brayshaw, Jackson Ross, Nicholas Coffield, Marcus Lentini, Tristan Xerri
EMER: Noah Answerth ^^, Buku Khamis **, Nicholas Stuhldreier, Jack Bytel **

Interesting you have West, he is over rated IMO. No Balta? But hasn't done anything so far this year.

Am i allowed to edit my team then? :p

Correct :p

Interesting you have West, he is over rated IMO. No Balta? But hasn't done anything so far this year.

Missed Balta - only had the VM trial squads in front of me minus the academy guys so knew I'd forget someone! Balta's had a poor start to the season, I'd like to see him played at CHB and developed there cause his leading patterns are terrible up forward at the moment.

I like what I've seen of West in the dozen or so games I've seen him play from 16s to this year. Dominated U16s Metro v U17s Metro last year at Warrawee Park, strongly build below the waist cracks in hard. Kicking is his major let down but he's got some good qualities.

All top age Academy kids will play Metro. Would make a mockery of the the Academy process for them to be left out. AFL simply won't let that happen.

Having said that, chuck Angus Styles into Bishop's team at the expense of West and I reckon he's bang in the money.

Correct :p

Missed Balta - only had the VM trial squads in front of me minus the academy guys so knew I'd forget someone! Balta's had a poor start to the season, I'd like to see him played at CHB and developed there cause his leading patterns are terrible up forward at the moment.

I like what I've seen of West in the dozen or so games I've seen him play from 16s to this year. Dominated U16s Metro v U17s Metro last year at Warrawee Park, strongly build below the waist cracks in hard. Kicking is his major let down but he's got some good qualities.
Balta could be moved and can also play ruck, seems Cannons need some changes in positions to get their season back on track.
West hasn't been anywhere near Cannons best six in any game this year.

Styles king coffield
Garner balta searle
Naish rayner Brayshaw
Stephenson xerri Taylor
Higgins king petrucelle
Hayes cerra fogarty
McLean north west mynott stoddart constable

Paton claravino langlands
Clarke butts floyd
Farrell OBrien Dow
Wellings de koning. Hayes
Daniels garoni Darcy
Meek Davies-uniacke worpel
Quigley jiath hodge McCartin domic parish

Country have more depth but less talls
Some of their bottom Agers should sneak in.
Mosquito is stiff as is dave smith. Genuine speed.
Country ruck division light on.

Styles Phillips Stoddart
Garner King Penrith
Naish Cerra Rayner
McLean Wooler Caluzzi
Hayes Fogarty Brayshaw
King Higgins Stephenson

Xerri Bernacki Thompson

I know he isn't in the Metro teams or any bodies radar and foj1 doesn't like him, but I do so I would give Brookes a go. Which other small has his speed and leap (recorded 2.70 over 20 meters and 99 cm for running verticle leap).
He only did 2.91 at the last testing and not sure what other results were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back