TAC Scraps Geelong Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems Selwood didnt get the free kick with this one.. couldnt find a way to duck out of the consequences.
images

I don't know much about feminine hygiene products, but I'll go out on a limb and say that this man is a giant douche:
Joe-Calafiore.jpg

Say hello to the CEO of the TAC, Joe Calafiore. Joe took a gamble on footy clubs knowing damn well there would be indiscretions. And when it happens, he cracks the sads and bails. What a giant douche. Joe's on a salary of $370,000.00. and I reckon I've contributed a fair piece of that, driving past that notorious camera on Station Street in Box Hill. You're welcome Joe. You can have my money. I don't really need it.

On the way home from the Springsteen show at Hanging Rock I got boxed into the right lane of a three lane highway near Chadstone at midnight by two ******s doing 70 in an 80 zone, and I exceeded the speed limit momentarily to overtake them, right under a camera, and I'm still f**king infuriated. If either of those two people are reading this, you can both go f**k yourselves. It's midnight. I want to f**king go home! I got tailgated driving out of Woodend, then I crawled along the Calder for an hour because of a booze bus, then I was detoured off the Bolte bridge because the tunnel was closed for maintenance, and the final f**king straw was those two morons who thought 80 was just too much to ask. Joe can stick his cameras. Other countries have proven that there are other equally effective methods besides speed cameras to reduce the road toll, 'but where's the fun in that' said Joe. 'I want to make everyone insane and steal their money'. 'I call it legalised extortion'. The NZ govt tried installing cameras, but the people stood up and said 'no f**king way'. And guess what? The people got what they wanted. Australians are so apathetic, it makes me sick.

Now for Geelong. Was I the only one surprised to hear that there were 7 indiscretions? The s**t that this club gets away with, because journos are too lazy to travel down the highway. Magpie fans are thinking 'WTF!'. If it were pies players, you'd know all about each and every one of those 7 indiscretions. It would be front page, back page, that b**ch Susie O'Brien would have her say, Caro would do cartwheels. Not only would you know what speed they were doing, you'd know their complete driving history, you'd know what they were listening to on the radio, you'd know the name of their mechanic. Hutchy would probably follow them in case they reoffend.

Speaking of our beloved media... it's nice that they're finally arcing up about this ridiculous '3rd man up' rule. Better late than never I guess. Where the hell were they when the AFL were drawing up this rule? I know where they were. They were busy with the really big stories, like 'Collingwood listen to music during training!!!' I s**t you not. Rohan Connolly actually wrote an article about the Magpies listening to music during training. Kevin Bartlett devoted a whole hour of his radio show to it. This is our media? God help us all.

But getting back to Mr. Selwood... 127 on a country road Joel, really? Don't be a d**k. You're not one of those morons that speed around blind corners I hope. They're my favourite kind of moron. The ones that speed down winding country roads, around blind corners, gambling with their life, so they can feel like formula one drivers. Here's an idea for Mr. Calafiore - take all your shi**y little cameras out of metropolitan Melbourne, and put them on Mt Dandenong road.
7 traffic offences in 11 years spread over 40 players and 100 staff is actually not that bad.

I've personally been driving roughly the same amount of time and have had 2 low range speeding fines just on my own.

Thank you geniuses of BF ruthless exposing TAC's hypocrisy with a devastating absence of actual evidence.

The Transport Accident Commission has spent millions of dollars advising Victorians to “wipe off 5” in the interests of safety on the roads.

But its figures show that from 2011 to last October, 61 of its own employees were nabbed speeding in company cars paid for by the taxpayer.

Among 15 caught last year was one clocked at 114km/h in a 100km/h zone.

Another was caught zooming along at 99km/h in a 80km/h zone.

Employees have even been busted speeding in 40km/h and 50km/h zones.

A further 10 were fined for running red lights.

In 2011, TAC chief executive officer Janet Dore confessed to the board and staff that she had been fined for speeding after being clocked at 54km/h in a 50km/h zone.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...s/news-story/ecf594d07f6c98bfa2f0b46912dbd3f8

Saw him at the Corner Hotel on the weekend. Funny show.

Yeah, I was there too! Fantastic show. Got me all nostalgic for the days of TISM. Great to see Tony Martin on stage again as well.

Seems fair that TAC withdrew sponsorship given the number of indiscretions the players at the club has had. I've no issue with that. But let's not pretend driving at roughly 130 km/h in (assumedly) a modern vehicle on a highway is a wildly irresponsible game of poker with Satan himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need non gender specific walk signs at traffic lights - that's what we really need.

One wonders how many Geelong players have also jay walked in the time of this sponsorship - we need to know.

Seems fair that TAC withdrew sponsorship given the number of indiscretions the players at the club has had. I've no issue with that. But let's not pretend driving at roughly 130 km/h in (assumedly) a modern vehicle on a highway is a wildly irresponsible game of poker with Satan himself.
You don't think there's any increased risk driving 30 ks over the speed limit, and then assumedly 30 ks faster than everyone else?

The guy was 27km/h over the speed limit. Thats not a momentary lapse in concentration or a misunderstanding, thats blatantly flaunting the rules, and he had two mates in the car. This is the sort of thing where we hear 3 young men died in a car crash and its a horror story. I think the TAC are within their rights to move away after this incident, as its not a great association. Selwood chose to break the rules, not the TAC.
Agree 100%

The guy was 27km/h over the speed limit. Thats not a momentary lapse in concentration or a misunderstanding, thats blatantly flaunting the rules, and he had two mates in the car. This is the sort of thing where we hear 3 young men died in a car crash and its a horror story. I think the TAC are within their rights to move away after this incident, as its not a great association. Selwood chose to break the rules, not the TAC.
The TAC did not sever the sponsorship deal just because Selwood was caught speeding. It was because of an understanding that if it happened again at Geelong after previous player indiscretions, they would walk away. Not condoning what Selwood did for one moment, there is no need for you to paint it as a sensational "incident". Fact is he was overtaking and did not crash. He got pinged and paid the price. Just like tens of thousands of drivers each year, including TAC employees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back