TAC Scraps Geelong Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes you wonder why they ever sponsored a footy club if that's all it takes to cut ties.

Except that wasn't all it took, there have been 7 driving related incidents at Geelong since the TAC sponsorship began. Last year the club put out a memo that any further incidents would see an end to the agreement, so it was already well on the cards before Joel got caught.

Pathetic, surely a sinful speeder like that Selwood needs help from the TAC at this time rather than abandonment.

Bring back Hector the safety cat ,

Stop at the kerb

Look to the right , look to the left , look to the right again

Then if the road is clear of traffic , walk straight across the road

Don't Run , walk straight across the road

Don't hector the safety cat!

Essendon didn't lose any sponsors and signed plenty throughout our last 4 years.

TAC bunch of sooks mate.
The TAC are never going to condone speeding. Of course they were going to pull out.

The only way I could see the TAC staying on is if they took a leaf out of the MAC's book and forced Joel to wear a hat during every media commitment with the following slogan...
dont-drive-like-a-knob-warning-sign-mount-gambier-south-australia-CNPD3D.jpg

Except that wasn't all it took, there have been 7 driving related incidents at Geelong since the TAC sponsorship began. Last year the club put out a memo that any further incidents would see an end to the agreement, so it was already well on the cards before Joel got caught.
That was my understanding aswell. They haven't terminated the contract on the back of one incident.
I can't see why they would sponsor a football club as every club without fail would average at least 1 incident a year minimum

I did see that on the news, but still, do the traffic safety authority not recognize the demographic in a football club?

The chances of encountering a 18-35yr old male doing the wrong thing is pretty bloody high in a footy club.

The chances of any footy club's members not finding trouble with the TAC is non existent, and their "towards zero" dream is just that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow sounds like they just simply have worn out their welcome. Fair enough by TAC. Maybe Geelong can look for a sponsorship from a sports car company.

I did see that on the news, but still, do the traffic safety authority not recognize the demographic in a football club?

The chances of encountering a 18-35yr old male doing the wrong thing is pretty bloody high in a footy club.

The chances of any footy club's members not finding trouble with the TAC is non existent, and their "towards zero" dream is just that.

I imagine that's why they sponsor a footy club. Message exposure to the required demographic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back