News Tackling the AFL Vote in Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fairly neutral on the topic of this thread, but I must say, that 'article' was absolute tripe. Sensationalist rubbish. Who wrote it?

Don't know about rubbish. It certainly clears the air and shows exactly where AFL is on the political agenda in Queensland.

Don't know about rubbish. It certainly clears the air and shows exactly where AFL is on the political agenda in Queensland.

In the political and economic climate such as it is neither party could be expected to commit themselves to comment in an election campaign on an issue that does not concern the majority of Queenslanders. Politically it reflects a reality.

The 'article' aimed to sensationalise that political reality. Was it therefore rubbish? Yes.

Who wrote it?

There. Fixed it for you.

I wasn't taking aim at you samiam, I was taking aim at the authorless 'article' you posted.

If you take offence at that, that's fine. Cop it sweet mate.

But I absolutely do take offence at you editing my words to misrepresent my opinion in an open forum. That's not in the spirit of what this site's about. Don't be a w***er.

I wasn't taking aim at you samiam, I was taking aim at the authorless 'article' you posted.

If you take offence at that, that's fine. Cop it sweet mate.

But I absolutely do take offence at you editing my words to misrepresent my opinion in an open forum. That's not in the spirit of what this site's about. Don't be a w***er.

Lighten up, buddy! Here's where that phrase comes from.

“There. Fixed it for you.” Used after humorously or insightfully modifying the parent post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot#Culture

Hey guys,

I'm the author of the original blog piece. I thought I might pop in because my Wordpress dashboard shows that I had a couple of dozen referrals from this thread.

I run the blog No Fun In Public! which has been following the GC17 non-announcement saga over the last couple of weeks in the lead up to the beginning of the AFL season. As you will have guessed from my original piece I am not of the opinion that it is going to get up (although I am happy to be proved wrong).

I might lurk here from time to time, but I just thought that I let would you know. I welcome any comments you want to leave on the blog. Even the abusive ones. Feel free to tell me that I have got it all wrong. I am thick skinned. Or furred. ;-)

Anyway, keep reading, and I am glad to see that I have got some debate going here.

http://nofuninpublic.wordpress.com/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back