Prediction Take 5

Remove this Banner Ad

this joint has succumbed to xmas apathy disease - enough! give us the 5 you're most looking forward to developing their game further in 2021

dow - not quite 'now or never' but now would be good

tdk - touch of luck with injuries and we might be seeing this excitement machine go fully sick

stocker - as marvin once asked, what's goin' on?

honey - not cause jeremias made me but cause I think he has some sweet, sweet goodness

carroll - think he has it, wanna see it, loads of it

get at it

SPS - can he take the next step and become a front line mid? Or is he destined to be a neat role player?

Harry - if it can it all click on a consistent basis he has the tools to become the best KPF in the league

Dow - as per Thy

Williams - how will he go as a full-time mid?

Setters - took a big step forward last year, but I think we've just scratched the surface of what he can do. How many more levels does he have?

Kemp, Stocker, Willo, JSOS, Kennedy - 5 guys that I think can play as inside mids. Have the mongrel in them and (with willo and stocker) we have plenty of small defenders that can cover them. Want to see these guys spend some time in the middle. Kennedy is the only one that has spent any meaningful time in the middle with at times great at times poor results. One of these guys manages to be a success and we don’t need the big fish inside mid next year and can target someone else (maybe a key or small forward)

I'll go with the noobs

1. Kemp - The vision from TAC cup is pretty darn good. Hope the wait is worth it.

2. Williams- Hoping that 2019 finals form is a weekly event in our jumper.

3. Saad - Adds that dash off half back we haven't had since Yaz.

4. Durdin - Spot is there for the taking, we are due for a bit of luck outside the first round.

5. Carroll - Moves well and uses it well, hope he gets a few games to observe the tempo requirements.

Fisher - can he be the elite small forward we are looking for?

Williams - can he play midfield the majority of games?

Dow - is he good enough to be a damaging midfielder?

Saad - can he help convert our defensive rebounds into goals?

Curnow - can he come back in 2021 and be as damaging as his potential suggests?

If the answer to these questions is yes we are in for a very exciting year

McGovern - if he can just contribute a bit more it will make life for Harry much better

Marchbank - a smart mobile intercept 3rd tall in defence will make life easier for Weitering and Jones

Walsh - he’s a star now but has room to be a superstar

Philp - showed a glimpse in his second game v saints

Williamson - with more opposition attention going to Saad it might free up Willo to use that magnificent left peg a bit more

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1 Harry - with confidence in his kicking, could kick some serious bags

2 TDK - it’s been a while since we had first hands on the ball at Centre bounces. Crippa & Williams might have it served up on a platter

3. Paddy Dow - has served his apprenticeship and built the physique. Break out year coming.

4. Kemp - happy for him to slot in on a back flank and show us that he’s a serious competitor

5. Saad - he’s going to be an excitement machine! Forwards will be licking their lips

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not counting ready made players as Williams and Saad, rating my next top five youngsters this year too rise and wreck havoc... 1. Tom DeKoning: Freakish ruck/fwd will tear games apart... 2. [PLAYERCARD]Paddy Dow : Start the dazzle and slice opposition apart...
3. Liam Stocker: Tough as nails and beautifully skilled player...
4 Sam Phip : Tenacious and quick onballer who hunts contests...
5 Tom Williamson : Tough and skilled runner who breaks lines provides plenty of run and attack...
6. Brodie Kemp : Strong, quick and multiple positional player could be anything...

Ffs Thy Top5 is too difficult, top10 would be better...
get your s**t together...[/PLAYERCARD]

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good thinking.......beat the pre-season rush..

300px-Dungeon.jpg

For me, it is the young midfielders we badly need to take the next step, who have so far not put it together for us.

Dow: the sidestep through traffic is nice. Can he add more to his bow? Wasn’t nicknamed Paddy Wow for nothing when he arrived. Was put on a development program with Power last season. Can it pay dividends?

O’Brien: another one on the Power development program the last season. The running ability and kicking specialty is a great skill set for our list. We’ll be all the better if he comes good.

Stocker: the return to Melbourne remains shrouded in mystery. Contested ball and tidy disposal means he offers us heaps. But unlike Dow and O’Brien he didn’t have that season of development in our system. Can he somehow put it together?

Philp: a forgotten player in many ways, but it seemed he overtook all of the above in the past season. The pace is a very handy skill set for us, and contested ball winning ability. He has plenty to add.

Kemp: obviously he couldn’t play, but again he offers plenty that we don’t have.

So this is what happens to merry christmas threads..we get to open the presents.

Luke Parks might give us a few thrills even as a youngster

O'brien been written off far too easily I feel. Speed machine

Fisher could be a real beauty being fully over that injury and a frame to work with and a set position

Pittonet will give us a hard working no nonsense ruck like Wow Jones (TDK still needs a year of development in my view)

Hope Nic Newman comes back like Doc did

Last edited:
ok then

Solid thread Thy, based purely on hype v output

Gov - Has all the attributes, now time to string it together

Stocker - Has all the tools

LOB - A glider of sorts, makes time stand still when he has the pill, needs to back himself

Dow - See ball, hunt ball. Mid or bust

Teague - Layers needed, pretty simple

Remove this Banner Ad

Back