Prediction Take 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Fish: love his willingness to become the best small forward he can be. Want to see him continue to improve in the new role.

Gov: I love the guy, but....Camon Gov. 2021...stick it up everyone. Come out super fit and fighting for navy blue. Surprise yourself.

SPS: you can do better and work on consistency Sammo. If you get to the midfield, turn up the wattage so no- one ever wants you to leave.

Dow: ah Paddy. My favorite little Cliff Richard as Thunderbird lookalike. You've got this. Whatever they tell you to do at training, double it!!
images.jpeg.jpg

Crippa: crueled by injuries this year, some may have forgotten exactly how mindblowingly great you are
Sure you still did plenty of jaw dropping passes and a gazillion little things to remind us, but hec, I want both barrels blazing. I want everyone to forget Bont and Pendles and bloody Danger and bow down before you, the One True King. So recover well, and put on a show every week.

this joint has succumbed to xmas apathy disease - enough! give us the 5 you're most looking forward to developing their game further in 2021

1. Sam Petrevski-Seton. I'm hoping that 2021 is the year he transitions from a "there" player into a genuine star.

2. Tom De Koning. More of what we saw down the stretch in 2020 and blossoming into a borderline star by the end of the year with more to come.

3. Paddy Dow. Health, fitness, confidence. I still firmly believe Paddy will be a gun when all is said and done. It's all on him.

4. Harry McKay. Boom or bust year for Harry. His output and consistency come into serious question if he doesn't put it together in the next season or so. I'd absolutely hate for Harry to become one of those players who had all the potential in the world but only ever comes close once or twice a year.

5. Zac Fisher. I believe he's the type of player who has the potential to heavily influence where we end up in the finals race. Loved what we saw out of him at small forward.

Last edited:

Fish: love his willingness to become the best small forward he can be. Want to see him continue to improve in the new role.

Gov: I love the guy, but....Camon Gov. 2021...stick it up everyone. Come out super fit and fighting for navy blue. Surprise yourself.

SPS: you can do better and work on consistency Sammo. If you get to the midfield, turn up the wattage so no- one ever wants you to leave.

Dow: ah Paddy. My favorite little Cliff Richard as Thunderbird lookalike. You've got this. Whatever they tell you to do at training, double it!!
View attachment 1033566

Crippa: crueled by injuries this year, some may have forgotten exactly how mindblowingly great you are
Sure you still did plenty of jaw dropping passes and a gazillion little things to remind us, but hec, I want both barrels blazing. I want everyone to forget Bont and Pendles and bloody Danger and bow down before you, the One True King. So recover well, and put on a show every week.
Paddy “dazzling” Dow thunderbird like is a ripper...
Fish is a friggin ripper, a future gun said years ago he is not to be traded under any circumstances...
Unleash SPS, “‘put him in the centre square they did in 79“😬

Last edited:
I think we are going to be in for a good year and make the final 8 for sure
Adding a few more players will just steady up the team and lift everyone else around by a fair bit: Williams, Saad and a fit Docherty & Crippa

We know what to expect from Walsh, Fisher & SPS, and hopefully they will take the next step
But, what I'm keen to see if any of the following take a big step forward

1. TDK - take the number #1 ruckman and give us some drive out of the middle

2. Dow - show us that Wow factor and why he was so highly rated. He has had a few years in the system now, so no more excuses

3. Stocker - I want to see what all the fuss is about. We need some quality young midfielders to take over from MM

4. Philp - he had a taste last year. I would like to see him step up this year

5. Kemp - hopefully he can give us a touch of class anywhere he plays on the field. Where should he be played? Forward for me - let him kick those goals and be grinning from ear to ear - it will be infectious :D

Someone spiked the eggnog... wtf is that ‘player card’ stuff on my post? can’t have a top5 with this much D’word...
Don't say that again Fitzy, he feeds on it!

For me and I know you've all been waiting!

1. Honey has something I like skills, needs to get in top shape and push for selection
2. TDK could be anything, exciting watching his journey
3. Stocker I see a raging bull here and hope he smashes it
4. McKay hoping he gets his kicking sorted because this kid will smash the competition and win a Coleman.
5. Crippa had a tough year and am expecting a blinder from the Skip.

6. BLUEALLTHRU goes thru the guts and will dominate match threads. Champion!

For mine....

1. Harry.... ready to dominate and be an A.A.

2. Crippa fully fit and to elevate himself to No.1 with a Brownlow and finals Captain

3. Fogarty...... take a load off Crippa and go straight in guts.. Good player.

4. Saad...... pure impact from day 1.

5. Gov........ To finally mature, become a man and play with similar authority/ consistency to his brother. (has to be next year or he is a bust)
he has so much ability, time to deliver.

1. Honey has something I like skills, needs to get in top shape and push for selection
4. McKay hoping he gets his kicking sorted because this kid will smash the competition and win a Coleman.

Ha.. Just a little Xmas pump up Bluey, that’s his one gift for the year 🎁

6 I highly doubt....

TDK - keen to see how they approach his physical development. Have a theory that he shouldn't get much bigger than now to keep his leap, which is phenomenal. Real point of difference.

Dow - like everyone, I wonder if he's finally going to realise his potential and fix some of the flaws. If he can, he should be best 22 with his pace off the mark.

Honey - really liked the glimpse and want moar.

Stocker - what does he do? Show me.

Kemp - see: Stocker, but with more excitement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Setter. He's had a good year, but we need someone to become the guy who can get 30 plus disposals now that Murphy is in his last couple of years, and he's the likely one. SPS would be another, but it sounds like they want him off HB for now.

2. Dow/Stocker/Kennedy. (Sorry thy) at least one of them needs to demand a spot as an inside bull to free Cripps up a bit more. If one can seriously accumulate as well (see above) then even better.

3. Williams in the middle should be a huge point of difference from last year. Needs to show her can do mid each week (I think he can).

4. McGovern/SOS. Crunch time for both lads, but there's one spot there at best unless one of them goes down back. Especially important one of them can be a foil for Harry while CC is down. Last season we had nobody else take the pressure off.

5. Durdin/Honey/Fisher. If one of these guys can push Eddie out of the forward pocket on performance and not just on promise, we should have a good year.

Bonus - Cuners. If if if if he pulls it all together and takes the next step as a mid or mid forward, then he could change the whole make up of the side. With Williams also there all of a sudden our midfield would have lightning speed, and opposition would have to guard against our ability to break away as well as the inside strengths we have with Cripps.

There, I kept it to 11. Happy?

Great thread Thy :thumbsu:

1. Kemp. Could be anything, I look forward to seeing what that will be. The games I watched of him in the NAB league were very eye catching. Very fast, classy and hard at it for someone that size.

2. Philp. Absolute running machine. Fast, fit and a good tackler so is well suited to Teague’s style. Showed heaps in the reserves, in the practice games and showed a bit in his second seniors game. Hopefully a full pre-season will lead to a breakout year.

3. Walsh. He’s not done improving yet. Had some games where he dominated last year, will have even more in his third year.

4. Jack Martin. Thrown about all over the field at GC, then thrown all over the country in his first year with us. Looks like high half forward will be his position at Carlton, that’s a position where guys like Dusty, Danger, Degoey win matches off their own boot for their clubs and Jack has the ability to do the same for us.

5. Williamson. Don’t really expect him to star or break out because he’ll be playing a support role to stars like Docherty and Saad but after finally getting a good run at it last year I hope he really cements his spot in defence and earns a reputation as a good role player for us week in, week out.

Il chuck up the 5 i like who i believe can take another or the next step that takes the team to the next level
Harry mckay, our no. one forward target 40 goals please
Setterfield, take himself to A grade midfielder alongside crippa
SPS, establishes himself as a player damaging in any part of the ground, becomes a confident skilled, hard at it utility thats invaluable
Cunners, consistent damaging goal kicking hhf/midfielder who tears up games
Philp, a forgot kid who has a very exciting athletic ability and skillset, could be the winger we need to patner up with walsh, probably still a few years before we see that though, but some more glimses would be great

Il chuck up the 5 i like who i believe can take another or the next step that takes the team to the next level
Harry mckay, our no. one forward target 40 goals please
Setterfield, take himself to A grade midfielder alongside crippa
SPS, establishes himself as a player damaging in any part of the ground, becomes a confident skilled, hard at it utility thats invaluable
Cunners, consistent damaging goal kicking hhf/midfielder who tears up games
Philp, a forgot kid who has a very exciting athletic ability and skillset, could be the winger we need to patner up with walsh, probably still a few years before we see that though, but some more glimses would be great
Honourable mentions, fish, tdk, honey, kemp, stocker
Bonus 5 😎

this joint has succumbed to xmas apathy disease - enough! give us the 5 you're most looking forward to developing their game further in 2021

dow - not quite 'now or never' but now would be good

tdk - touch of luck with injuries and we might be seeing this excitement machine go fully sick

stocker - as marvin once asked, what's goin' on?

honey - not cause jeremias made me but cause I think he has some sweet, sweet goodness

carroll - think he has it, wanna see it, loads of it

get at it
Fogarty - if we can unearth a small forward (or two), we fill our biggest hole
Durdin- if we can unearth a small forward (or two), we fill our biggest hole

Setterfield - has another gear to go imo
Dow - this is his time. if he doesn't come good in 2021 then when?
McKay - to consistently impact games in and out. and be the spearhead presence all game.

1. Jack Silvagni - IMO, one of the smartest players we have and a real heart and soul player who is unfairly maligned based on stats. I was surprised by how many were happy to trade him and how little the Silvagni name meant around the joint these days. I want him to succeed more than any other player.

2. Liam Stocker - Another player maligned in some quarters because he was part of a risky pick swap and because SOS rated him highly. Zero progress in the 2020 hub life means he needs to really show something in 2021. I like what I saw in 5 games in his first season and I want him to fire a shot for SOS and stick it up the Crows further.

3. Brodie Kemp - Love a good slider. The kid has the size and talent to be anything. Like any player you recruit injured, you just can't wait to see them strut their stuff.

4. Paddy Dow - Fairly maligned. Yeah, I said it. For a guy who likes getting the ball in traffic and bursting clear, he has looked positively timid up forward and without the ball. He has ball handling skills, but his kicking has let him down. I want him to succeed mainly because of what we paid for him at the draft, but also because of how good our midfield could be if he finds confidence and fulfils his talent.

5. Tom Williamson - I love this kid. I love his confidence and daring. He has half cemented a spot in the back half but we have recruited 2 guys who can also play the role Tom plays. I think be can become a dead set gun in the Andrew Walker mould and I do not want to see him regress and lose his spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back