Take a bow Huddo

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Huddo - knows when to be calm, and when to lose his s**t, which is gold for a commentator. BT could learn a thing or two from Hudson.

2. Dwayne - keeps games exciting with his calls. Has the biggest arsenal of one-liners in the game.

3. Eddie - calls it how it is. Pumps the lesser-knowns up (always glowing of North when he commentates them too)

4. Matt Campbell - don't hear much of him, but when I do he has an easy voice to listen to. Some of his best calls include McPharlin's hanger in 2005 against West Coast, and Fremantle's come-from-behind win against the Roos in the 2010 NAB Cup.

5. Dennis - still comes up with one-liners that are just plain funny. Consistent.

6. Bruce - like Dwayne, he knows how to keep games entertaining. Can drag things on a little with his voice, which is awkward to listen to as it sounds like he's jizzing all over the commentary box window.

7. Rompingwins - not great

8. Basil - terrible

9. BT - the worst

4. Matt Campbell - don't hear much of him, but when I do he has an easy voice to listen to. Some of his best calls include McPharlin's hanger in 2005 against West Coast, and Fremantle's come-from-behind win against the Roos in the 2010 NAB Cup.

How could you forget his call of Hunt's kick after the siren v Richmond?!

In any case, Dwayne's one liners are terrible and just sound so forced.

How could you forget his call of Hunt's kick after the siren v Richmond?!

In any case, Dwayne's one liners are terrible and just sound so forced.

Ah yes, forgot that one. That was a beauty.

Disagree re Dwayne. They sound like they just come naturally to him. I wonder what he's like in bed?

"Oh that is GOLD CLASS baby! I'm about to part the seas! CHAOS BALLS!"

Hudson is a great caller. Gerard Whately is great, a pity he doesn't call for TV. Commetti is good. I like Bruce but understand why others don't.

Ah yes, forgot that one. That was a beauty.

Disagree re Dwayne. They sound like they just come naturally to him. I wonder what he's like in bed?

"Oh that is GOLD CLASS baby! I'm about to part the seas! CHAOS BALLS!"

They're not pre-rehearsed like a Dennis Committi is, but forced in that he has a one liner after EVERY goal, where as Huddo picks and chooses the moments and does it so well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huddo is a champ. His ability to stay neutral is amazing

Spud Frawley and Chief Dunstall great special commentators

Think Dwayne Russell sums the game up extremely and gives you an understanding about what the result means.

God, I can only imagine if BT was doing this game.
cant stand it when BT talks down to his colleagues like a smart arse -
"so what did you think of that Rich-OH" and "and your thoughts DAAARCE"

Oh man, Zempilas was deplorable today. He never knows what tone to use. He gets excited before anything happens and then once a goal is actually scored he announces it as if he's just watched paint dry. Watch the highlights of the game today and you'll see what I mean. I have no idea how he got a gig on national tv.
Agree was a neutral watching the game, he is too dry. I like funny, excitable and concise as possible. Our game is very hard to commentate exactly as the ball movement is so quick. Much rather wrong player called than lack of emotion.
As long as goal kickers correct, then I don't care. I want correct call, but I want excitement first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back