Club History Take the 4 point penalty. Then Win 3 flags

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo basically ruled it out in his presser saying we're focused on getting the 4 points and not forfeiting them.

Level headed, but even if that decision was made immediately, would have been good to make the AFL executives worry by at least pretending we were considering wearing the bars despite the ruling and leaving them wondering until the players run out onto the field.

(Unless this is plot and wink from the AFL the Let It Go for now and we can wear it in the next showdown), I would say wear the PB Guernsey in defiance of the four point penalty.

Doing this will build the club and create a soul.

I was there 30 years ago at Alberton the week that Ken Cunningham was agitating to have us thrown out of the SANFL because of our AFL ambition.

Fair credit, the cretin was brave enough to be at Alberton the following week for the next game, but the sh*t that he got- well how many flags did we went after that?

I would say that if we took the Four Points penalty from the AFL for wearing the prison bar Guernsey against the Crows, I would put money on us to win the flag, and another soon behind that.

Club and legacy building us vs them stuff. I can't thank Eddie enough

I want to know how you know that all we would suffer is a four point penalty? I have no idea if the AFL Constitution affords the AFL Commission the powers to suspend a club from the competition, as has happened in other codes, but it is a possibility not to mention the prospect of a huge fine. We are all disappointed but we should not get carried away in the heat of that disappointment.

The AFL has never done us any favours and they are unlikely to let us off lightly.

Last edited:

Simple wear this t shirt in the warm up. Port store were selling them about 20 years ago

Okay then. Hop in, I have a plan.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This saga is making me hate teal. I didn't mind it at first but now it can fu** off back to the 90s where it belongs.

Same, I am actively avoiding wearing teal to games. Basically rolling with the prison bar jumper, black and white monogram hat, 140th scarf (admittedly horrible day, but very little teal on it).

I have a friend who is militantly pro-teal and pro-chevrons, and I have had to push him on it every time it comes up. Loves teal, has bought the BS line about 'teal being uniquely Port', I have to keep reminding him that the PBs are uniquely Port and fighting for the PBs in Showdowns is about honouring the club's history and for us to keep that connection with our most famous jumper. I would prefer the PBs to be our home kit for every game but I'm realistic, it obviously isn't going to happen in the short to medium term, probably ever; but the undermining of us wearing it twice a year by some of our own fans is what I find particularly galling.

Same, I am actively avoiding wearing teal to games. Basically rolling with the prison bar jumper, black and white monogram hat, 140th scarf (admittedly horrible day, but very little teal on it).

I have a friend who is militantly pro-teal and pro-chevrons, and I have had to push him on it every time it comes up. Loves teal, has bought the BS line about 'teal being uniquely Port', I have to keep reminding him that the PBs are uniquely Port and fighting for the PBs in Showdowns is about honouring the club's history and for us to keep that connection with our most famous jumper. I would prefer the PBs to be our home kit for every game but I'm realistic, it obviously isn't going to happen in the short to medium term, probably ever; but the undermining of us wearing it twice a year by some of our own fans is what I find particularly galling.
Is his name Brad?

Actually, that just means they don't want to take part in the conversation and don't want to hear about it. Which is precisely what their position should be. At least their Social team has a few brain cells.

Hmmm... this tweet went out 9:20am Adelaide time. The news that the Bars bid got rejected didn't happen until about midday. Maybe even later than that.

Insider knowledge?

The AFL declared its hand at midday today. The latest conflagration on the issue happened yesterday evening.

Eddie everywhere coming on AA in a minute. I'd prefer their current President or Gill, not sure why he's on
Gil isn't going to say a ****ing word about this publicly, being the spineless trust fund baby Vic puppet campaigner that he is.

I haven’t seen anywhere that has banned us from wearing the Bars against Brisbane this weekend - only in the Showdown!

How fitting it would be to get docked for wearing wharf pylons.
Richo basically ruled it out in his presser saying we're focused on getting the 4 points and not forfeiting them.

Level headed, but even if that decision was made immediately, would have been good to make the AFL executives worry by at least pretending we were considering wearing the bars despite the ruling and leaving them wondering until the players run out onto the field.
Yep now's not the time to be staking flags in the sand. Back off n be more measured, keep your options open. it's a fluid environment at the moment

I said this in the other thread but it will be more than just 4 points. The AFL will do everything they can to screw us over for the next few years for defying them.

You have said that as though it doesn’t already happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back