Club History Take the 4 point penalty. Then Win 3 flags

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep now's not the time to be staking flags in the sand. Back off n be more measured, keep your options open. it's a fluid environment at the moment
Gil already has his nose out of joint because we didn't sign his never again agreement last year.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Decisions like this by the league are exactly why I refuse to attend any non Port games and minimise my expenditure on anything AFL other than directly through the Club.

Decisions like this by the league are exactly why I refuse to attend any non Port games and minimise my expenditure on anything AFL other than directly through the Club.

it’s why I don’t really watch neutral games especially all Vic ones

Same. Been pretty much like that forever. I only ever watched a VFL game back in the day if a Port player had gone over and was playing. Stopped watching altogether in the 90s until we joined the comp.

I constantly refer to the AFL as show business, only cares about it's revenues.

Ironically their decision just gives our history more exposure. As a result, slowly those over the border are starting to get it, we're a real club.

Manchester United & Liverpool can play in the same league, both wear red, and nothing happens.
I have said it before. Last season, Brazil’s soccer D-I had SIX B&W teams (out of 20): 2 from a same city; other 2 from a same state; and 5 of them are among Brazil’s Big-12.

I like the way when the AFL and media speak about it, they say design, this has nothing to do with design, this purely about the colour. This is a design issue.

View attachment 1114757 View attachment 1114758

This is a colour issue.

View attachment 1114759

The AFL VFL shows it's true colours.
The designs are completely different and even with the colours being the same only a complete moron would not be able to tell the difference between a Port Adelaide and a Collingwood guernsey.

spot the difference.jpg

Same. Been pretty much like that forever. I only ever watched a VFL game back in the day if a Port player had gone over and was playing. Stopped watching altogether in the 90s until we joined the comp.

I constantly refer to the AFL as show business, only cares about it's revenues.

Ironically their decision just gives our history more exposure. As a result, slowly those over the border are starting to get it, we're a real club.
This. It would have been too easy for us if their decision went our way this time. Much better for the legendary "us versus them" mindset if we have to fight for our right to wear it, and in the meantime become the most dominant football side/club in the history of the AFL. Four consecutive premierships please Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gil already has his nose out of joint because we didn't sign his never again agreement last year.

Between the time of knowing this ultimatum and learning that we could not retail the jumper, I had very little hope that the campaign would alter their position. Also, I feel that the club was confident that the campaign would render a judgement of 'yes' up and until the past couple of months.

Guys it would be awesome to see us wear the PB strip but not at the expense of our immediate future.
Right now we have a great list, soon enough the Vic clubs will be circling and the pressure to leave will be undeniable.
We've been able to have players want to play for us, the opportunity to realise success with this group is right now.
If we throw away 4pts we piss the VFL off, piss them off and it'll become obvious that our chances will deminish, who's going to want to come to, or stay at, a club that is behind the 8 ball before the first bounce.

We know who we are, we know where we've come from, if we want to honour our heritage we dont need a particular jumper, we just need to be the club that is feared due to how we play the game, like the Port of old.

Guys it would be awesome to see us wear the PB strip but not at the expense of our immediate future.
Right now we have a great list, soon enough the Vic clubs will be circling and the pressure to leave will be undeniable.
We've been able to have players want to play for us, the opportunity to realise success with this group is right now.
If we throw away 4pts we piss the VFL off, piss them off and it'll become obvious that our chances will deminish, who's going to want to come to, or stay at, a club that is behind the 8 ball before the first bounce.

We know who we are, we know where we've come from, if we want to honour our heritage we dont need a particular jumper, we just need to be the club that is feared due to how we play the game, like the Port of old.

You actually outlined why we MUST fight.
We retain players because of our heritage, because of our willingness to move forward and fight.

The Crows stand for nothing in particular and look what happens there.

You guys should be able to wear it every game every year except away vs Collingwood, where you’d have to wear a clash guernsey. If it’s your home game vs Collingwood, then Collingwood have to wear a different guernsey.

Just shows how much of a joke the AFL is, we already know they look after some clubs, but the fact they are upholding this even AFTER McGuire admitted on live television that he signed the contract in bad faith shows the extent of it. It’s a joke really.

Ignoring my poor attempt at the photoshop and some misalignment, could we have a new design similar to this?

I can’t see us ever getting the full prison bars as a regular kit over the line when a big vic club like Collingwood is involved.

So in saying that, could we merge our current with the V stripes which fades into the prison bars?

This adds the teal which we always hear is needed to distinguish between and I think is a good representation of our clubs recent AFL history while acknowledging our past history.

66135C09-F090-43B3-8376-7A7E6B9E797A.jpeg

You actually outlined why we MUST fight.
We retain players because of our heritage, because of our willingness to move forward and fight.

The Crows stand for nothing in particular and look what happens there.
And if that fight achieves nothing other than pissing off the VFL what do you think the fallout would be?
If you were a young guy on the list would you be content knowing that your chances of realising the dream is deminished, its already tough enough.
If you were a Travis Boak or Ollie Wines would you be happy having committed to a club thats then sabotaged your future and if you were the next generation would you be keen to come over seeing how those before you have been shafted.
C'mon, i get the fight, but you have to pick your opponant and battleground wisely as some fights can be had, the outcome uncertain, but the war still rages long after.

I wonder if Heritage Round got canned just for old mate Eddie...

From a merch perspective alone, it's mind boggling they'd get rid of something so popular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back