Taking cameras to the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Tang888

Draftee
Mar 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi All,
I would like to watch a footy match in Sydney. Is it possible for me to bring a dslr camera with 70-200mm for non commercial purpose?

Thx heaps

Hi All,
I would like to watch a footy match in Sydney. Is it possible for me to bring a dslr camera with 70-200mm for non commercial purpose?

Thx heaps
Just fill out the AFLBS Form 23A1 on arrival, pay the royalty tax and make sure you have your pink copy handy in case the photography police pull you up

.....seriously, you can take as many photos as you like. This is one thing the AFL hasn’t stamped out yet

Last edited:

NOTICE TO ALL PATRONS

It is a condition of entry to the Venue (including all areas under owner or hirer, the “Venue”) for matches forming part of the Australian Football League’s season that patrons agree:

1. not to bring into the Venue any photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or lenses with a totalfocal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment;

http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/conditions-of-entry

Hi All,

Thx heaps
I once brought in a 300mm 2.8 to an Adelaide United game, and only just got let in. your 70-200 will be fine. In the NBA they have super strict measurements and focal lengths. There's technically nothing stopping you bringing in a 200mm f1.8 into a game haha.

There’s a bloke on the North Board who is a professional photographer, Blackshadow.

It might be worth picking his brain for details about what is allowed as an amateur vs professional.

NOTICE TO ALL PATRONS

It is a condition of entry to the Venue (including all areas under owner or hirer, the “Venue”) for matches forming part of the Australian Football League’s season that patrons agree:

1. not to bring into the Venue any photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or lenses with a totalfocal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment;

http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/conditions-of-entry

So basically, yes, you're allowed as long the picture are for private purposes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back