Taking The mark #5

Remove this Banner Ad

ccgrad97

Rookie
Jan 31, 2000
Shippensburg, PA, USA
Taking The Mark # 5

Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of Taking The Mark. In case you didn’t know, this is the newsletter companion to The Footy Plus One Show, the only American hosted show about Australian Rules Football on the Internet. This is a reminder telling you that the latest show is up and running. This week on the Show:

AFL News
------------
*Gary’s battle for inner peace
*How to make ruffled Eagle Feathers
*This league ain’t big enough for the 16 of us!!!

Lisa May & Johnny December (Inside joke)
-----------------
*How I became an umpire
*Using the force to guess next week winner
*The Naked Waverley 43 1/4: Beating a Dead horse

Scores
---------
We have all the scores from the semifinal round of Ansett Cup action, and starting next month, scores from other leagues!!!

Lisa’s Last Chance Trivia Hut- A Taking The Mark Exclusive
It’s week two at the trivia hut, and Sexy Lisa Albergo is serving up 100% U.S.D.A. Choice Grade A Trivia. That’s right nothing but the best here. We don’t overcharge ya for crummy trivia like that idiot who did the You Don’t Know Jack trivia on this newsletter (What was his name? Pat somthing). So sit back, relax, and expand your mind. It’s time for Lisa to guide you into this week’s Purple Haze of trivia:

1.Prior to Robert Harvey in 1997-98, who was the last player to win consecutive Brownlows?

2.Which player won 2 Brownlows at 2 different clubs?

3.Who was team captain for Collingwood's last premiership?

Answers to last week’s questions:
1. Jason Dunstall with 1254
2.1970 Carl/Col GF - 121,696
3.North Melbourne's Corey McKernan

Thanks for the questions, Lisa. The answers will be printed in next week’s newsletter. Bythe way, if you want to read Lisa’s AFANA newsletter, drop her a line at ausfooty@aol.com. Tell ‘em Pat sent ya.

Yo, Adrian!!! Here’s a Tip for ya!!!
Adrian Appleyard of BigFooty.com has opened his tipping competition for the 2000 season. As I write this, big prizes have been lined up. Some of these prizes include an all expense paid trip around the Milky Way (Pat’s Lying), A lifetime supply of Vegemite(Another whopper), or 500 cases of Four N’ Twenty pies (Boy, does this kid deal in B.S. or what?). Anyway, go to www.afltips.com, and get ready to play. If you don’t play, I know where you live!!!!

Oscar Loves Toni
Since this newsletter is about all things Australian, it is only right that we congratulate Aussie actress Toni Collette (“Sixth Sense”) for her Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination. All I can say is it’s about time. Toni’s most notable role comes from the Aussie film, Muriel’s Wedding, where she played a wallflower who creates a new life for herself. My favorite film though is Clockwatchers, where she plays an office temp who forges a friendship with other temps. Anyway, hope for the best, as this Aussie jewel goes for it all next month at the Academy Awards. The team from Footy Plus One is pulling for you, Toni!!!

Things to know:

email: laraspal00@aol.com
ccgrad97@aol.com

voicemail: 1-888-830-5747 (United States Only)

Home Page: http://www1.50megs.com/footyplusone

To listen to the show, go to www.afana.com, then click the link to AFL scores and reports, and your there!!!!.

Thanks all for now. See ya next weekend. Oh yeah, one more thing before I forget, Hi Christina!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back