Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if we miss out on this one, it will be a massive disappointment.

I'm not sure that he's a "need" for either side, but we need to see some positive momentum off the field, so it feels clear that we're moving in the right direction.

Powa seem to have a never ending sum of money to bring players in to their club. How can they keep doing this??

I think we should make offers to Rozee and butters and screw them Right over. We need to start playing hard and really get aggressive in the way we operate

We won't need to, there will be big money offers for Butters in Victoria next year.

Powa seem to have a never ending sum of money to bring players in to their club. How can they keep doing this??

I think we should make offers to Rozee and butters and screw them Right over. We need to start playing hard and really get aggressive in the way we operate
I get how they do - probably every club can have 10 to 12 players on $500k+.

The thing is - who are ours?

There might be a year still above that on Sloane's deal. Maybe Milera, ROB and Smith. Certainly Laird. Probably not Walker and Crouch anymore.

Who else? Doedee? There's not many.

We won't need to, there will be big money offers for Butters in Victoria next year.

He's about to sign a new deal in the next few weeks.

We've got to face the facts that Port are a better run and much more desirable club than us at the moment. We've at least stopped the bleeding but there's still a lot of work to be done.

Oh course he has, AFC probably don't even see Dawson as a need given the talent we have
This is the so busy trying to get Kernahan (Luko) back that they missed on the fact Carey (Dawson) wanted to come back to SA

Or once again trying so hard to get pick 2 or 3 to get Luko or Rankine that they missed the boat on getting 5 which was Rozee.

Why would anyone have any confidence whatsoever that we could land someone like Dawson?

I mean, it might happen - ultimately I think it's Port - but why would anyone be confident?

Reid is the mastermind behind the Gibbs debacle, the Jenkins and Sloane contracts, and the Brad Crouch shitshow.

Yeah, if we miss out on this one, it will be a massive disappointment.

I'm not sure that he's a "need" for either side, but we need to see some positive momentum off the field, so it feels clear that we're moving in the right direction.

With both sides seasons over, if we were his preferred destination, it'd be announced already.

He's about to sign a new deal in the next few weeks.

We've got to face the facts that Port are a better run and much more desirable club than us at the moment. We've at least stopped the bleeding but there's still a lot of work to be done.
Yes but recebt decisions om M Crouch, Kelly, Talia and Lynch gives me optimism that we are getting our shite together

Lets not forget Port paid a fair bit for players like Watts, Motlop and Rockliff

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a group they are poor.

Roo + Reid would turn anyone off.

Evidence is all we have to go on and evidence says we think we are better negotiators than we actually are. We overrate our average players and value tenure over talent.

Not sure about Reid, but the rest is bang on the money.

There's seriously no hope for us if we can't convince Dawson, a childhood supporter with a family full of Crows fans while being able to offer more money, to join us, seriously pathetic
Apparently it's the cost of living in Sydney and not about the money so no advantage to us, he has likely taken the same amount offered by Sydney.

Lets not forget Port paid a fair bit for players like Watts, Motlop and Rockliff
You win some, you lose some, fact is they've had a shitload more wins than us

Motlop has his flaws but he's currently playing good footy in a side likely to make a GF, I don't think they'd have any regrets about what they signed him for

Unfair on Rockliff though, a victim of those around him in the midfield + injuries cutting his career short

I get how they do - probably every club can have 10 to 12 players on $500k+.

The thing is - who are ours?

There might be a year still above that on Sloane's deal. Maybe Milera, ROB and Smith. Certainly Laird. Probably not Walker and Crouch anymore.

Who else? Doedee? There's not many.
Every experienced player we have is probably on serious coin, then front loading the s**t out of everyone else just to meet the cap floor

You win some, you lose some, fact is they've had a shitload more wins than us

Motlop has his flaws but he's currently playing good footy in a side likely to make a GF, I don't think they'd have any regrets about what they signed him for

Unfair on Rockliff though, a victim of those around him in the midfield + injuries cutting his career short
We were never looking at Rockliff/Watts/Fantasia/Ryder/Lycett/Dixon, only Motlop or Polec.

End of year Xmas Party?
Miss out on all our targets and Mackay sneaks back onto the list to soak up the surplus dollars.

I'm not changing my user name or avatar until after the rookie/preseason draft

We've jumped the gun plenty of times when it comes to the offseason.

We just seem to be bad at reading the room.
We held our nerve last year with Hately. Previously we'd have coughed up overs on Day 1 of trade week. Gives me hope that we're catching on.

A lot can change in a couple of years. It wasn’t that long ago that we had an excellent squad and Ports was average at best. 4 years ago, our fortunes appeared the reverse. They have recruited well recently and we have gone into a complete bottom up rebuild. Their window is now but just like ours, it won’t last as long as everyone likes to think. In fact if they don’t win tonight, it could already be closing. They have an aged group of stars that, just like ours didn’t, might not get them back there. If I was a 25 yo making a move, I’d be looking further ahead than just the next year or 2. I’d be looking for a window about to open, not one that’s been open for a couple of failed campaigns. Timing is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back