Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing, I'm just interested as to where they should be hanging out. A decent cafe near the beach sounds good to me, I expect it is what it is. Not that I've been to Henley Beach for a few years. I guess I don't really understand what's being expected for it to be disappointing and described as overrated. It's just a few eating outlets in close proximity near the beach. What is it that one should expect that Henley doesn't deliver?
It’s always been put up there on the pedestal of places to go/eat. It’s fine, it’s just that it’s so overrated is all. It’s convenient to Westlakes and close enough to Alberton so for the players it’s the default precinct.

The vaunted redevelopment of the square is really quite underwhelming considering the hype.

On Smith, he has been disappointing as a player. Looked like he'd be a league wide blue chip, but plateaued a level below his best. As seems very common with our players. They break out and look like being the real deal before settling into a rung lower. Vince was the only high end talent that settled for being less that we held to account. And that was a one off due to wanting to get back into the draft in our second year of sanctions.

We're too fixated ourselves on a best 22 having lots of average players. We lock in the 16 b and c graders, refusing to move them on or demote their roles in the chase for A graders and then try and get those A graders coming through the bottom 6 selections of the 22.
You did take into account his ACL when he was just entering his prime didn't you? He still gets a lot of the ball but his kicking got a lot worst.

And they are saying the same thing if he joins us. Yet, they offered more money for Motlop given the FA compensation Geelong received.
Yeah but we don't have a history of choking and overpaying duds like Watts Motlop Rockcliff etc

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but we don't have a history of choking and overpaying duds like Watts Motlop Rockcliff etc

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Not sure about Watts but given Motlop and Rockliff (Brisbane just missed out on band 1 due the age allocation) FA compensation they definitely overpay for them given both their output, you can say the same thing with Dixon as well.

It’s always been put up there on the pedestal of places to go/eat. It’s fine, it’s just that it’s so overrated is all. It’s convenient to Westlakes and close enough to Alberton so for the players it’s the default precinct.

The vaunted redevelopment of the square is really quite underwhelming considering the hype.

I know nothing of the hype. In fact, the last hype I heard was for the peel st area regeneration. I just imagine it's one of the precincts that if you were catching up for food/bev, you'd offer as one of the options. Henley would probably be the most central.

You would think it would have been hard for the Port players to put a positive spin on things after that demoralising loss.

I guess they were still playing in the penultimate week, our season was over 8 games in. We managed to land Gibbs off a GF fade out and Cats Jezza on a no show. The sell will be that they'll be up and around the mark again and with him a better chance of going one step further. And no, I don't believe it, but no club is selling a plummet or staying at the bottom end. He's going to get paid either way, the sell is the key. We'll be selling him on our planned ascension and return to contending in 2-3 years. And that's no certainty either.

Given Henley Beach is a popular Crows hangout .....are there no decent eating establishments in Port Adelaide ?

Or was there a purpose in choosing the location they did ?

fwiw, the Henley Beach/Grange area is where most players from both clubs reside + coaches, ex players etc.

Nothing, I'm just interested as to where they should be hanging out. A decent cafe near the beach sounds good to me, I expect it is what it is. Not that I've been to Henley Beach for a few years. I guess I don't really understand what's being expected for it to be disappointing and described as overrated. It's just a few eating outlets in close proximity near the beach. What is it that one should expect that Henley doesn't deliver?
I'd be more concerned if this "lunch" was in a cafe in Robe.

fwiw, the Henley Beach/Grange area is where most players from both clubs reside + coaches, ex players etc.
Macca ....is that a tribal face-off thing .....or do the two sides players actually mingle together

Been a long time since I was in Adelaide ....but I was under the impression Larg's Bay was quite trendy now for eateries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back