Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
well i'm outta here if we trade in any of them - i thought the aim of a rebuild is to give us a chance of a premiership

What gave you that idea? From the beginning I thought the aim of the rebuild was to get us off the bottom and back to where we were prior. We wouldn't shelve our key goal of making the 8 each year just because we finally hit Rick bottom. The list strategy 100% wouldn't change, it's part of the DNA of our club.

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Dmac won't be with us as an AFL player next year though I certainly wouldn't completely rule him out of being offered an auxiliary position with his past record.
Just looked up an old Dmac BF thread. He was a bit of a golden boy on this board until 2012 when we start calling for his head and since then confident predictions for imminent trading, delisting and retirement have been going on for 9 years and 5 coaches

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's well an truly an upgrade on DMac, and Hewett can also do a decent job tagging.
View attachment 1183953

speaking of tagging, Rendell was on SEN a couple of days ago talking about Curnow and his upcoming 200th. Saying how he wasn't wanted by our coaches and before we flicked him the bays flicked him having taken him in the mini-draft. He said he went to Neil and said "I've got your next tagger", Neil says "I don't use taggers". Rendell says "but you've had Shirley who's been the best Judd tagger in the game". Neil then says, "I'm not using them anymore". Rendell then reckons he responds with, "how about a bit of a heads up"

Funny story.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
speaking of tagging, Rendell was on SEN a couple of days ago talking about Curnow and his upcoming 200th. Saying how he wasn't wanted by our coaches and before we flicked him the bays flicked him having taken him in the mini-draft. He said he went to Neil and said "I've got your next tagger", Neil says "I don't use taggers". Rendell says "but you've had Shirley who's been the best Judd tagger in the game". Neil then says, "I'm not using them anymore". Rendell then reckons he responds with, "how about a bit of a heads up"

Funny story.
don't also forget Gary Ablett Jnr also held Shirley in high regard

At the time, Judd and fellow superstar of the competition Gary Ablett praised Shirley’s ability as a tagger, describing him as one of their toughest opponents …

“It was great to hear that from such champions of the game. I definitely think there were better taggers going around than me, but maybe I played the game a little bit fairer than some of the others. I guess that earned me a bit more respect amongst those guys.

“I greatly appreciated them making those comments and I still love watching those guys play. Brent Harvey was another, who always gave me a tough time. I follow all the guys that I played against and it’s interesting to see how opponents line up against them these days.”

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Funny story.
and didn't that no tagging work well for us!

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have both in our starting 22 1st round next year, both on our rookie list

Mackay's recent dropping has me questioning what I thought a living certainty until 5pm yesterday. Combine that with Lynch's return last week and his overt coaching aspirations and I reckon they'd be seeing much more value in retaining Lynch. I can't see us getting to 3 delistings without one of the senior brigade departing. Talia might be enough though if he is picked up elsewhere. But knowing us, if he can't find a home, I'd see us giving him a year to transition to retirement or resolve his injury issues.

Taken from one of the Colingwood discussion threads..

'Got some news late Friday night that Pies have spoken to Jake Kelly's management and himself about coming back to Victoria at seasons end.

At least every couple years Pies have asked the question, unrestricted free agent this year which Pies love, due to not needing to pay up for him.

Makes sense with Howe getting on, lack of depth in that area.'

source.gif

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Taken from one of the Colingwood discussion threads..

'Got some news late Friday night that Pies have spoken to Jake Kelly's management and himself about coming back to Victoria at seasons end.

At least every couple years Pies have asked the question, unrestricted free agent this year which Pies love, due to not needing to pay up for him.

Makes sense with Howe getting on, lack of depth in that area.'
One day I’ll be right!

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
One day I’ll be right!

Well the Pies wouldn't need to cough up anything in terms of a pick, and he'd be cheaper than Maynard! Jeez if we managed to get Maynard over here and all it cost us overall was a couple extra hundred grand on Maynards salary, i'd be over the moon, AND we'd have gotten rid of Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
is maynard OOC?

Nah he's OOC end of 2022, but Pies have FIFTEEN players still yet to be contracted for next year, and they've already indicated that they've still got salary cap issues. Maynard is going to want a big payday come the end of next year, and i think they're still going to paying a hefty chunk of Treloars contract as well for the next few years. Jaidyn Stephenson still had 3 years to go on his contract as well, so i'm not sure if the Pies are paying any of that as well... (I think Pies are still paying $100-$150K per year for his contract until end of 2023)

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nah he's OOC end of 2022, but Pies have FIFTEEN players still yet to be contracted for next year, and they've already indicated that they've still got salary cap issues. Maynard is going to want a big payday come the end of next year, and i think they're still going to paying a hefty chunk of Treloars contract as well for the next few years. Jaidyn Stephenson still had 3 years to go on his contract as well, so i'm not sure if the Pies are paying any of that as well... (I think Pies are still paying $100-$150K per year for his contract until end of 2023)
Well if they are into Kelly and he is a UFA? - we might end up with a 3rd round compo pick for him due to age and probably getting a reasonable contract if Collingwood really want him. Maybe we could use the Melbourne 2nd we have on Maynard if the Pies are still trying to salary shed. That way for a late 2nd rounder and Kelly leaving as a UFA, we might end up with Maynard and a 3rd rounder (which could be used for Dudley?)

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Maynard absolutely wants midfield minutes, we’d have to offer that.

Maynard absolutely wants midfield minutes, we’d have to offer that.

Pretty hard to break into our star studded midfield.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
They wouldn't need to pay up for him whether he's a free agent or not. I had a feeling he would leave after hearing him on the radio earlier in the year. I got the impression the club wasn't offering him the deal he was looking for. Not a big loss as he stagnates all of our offence out of the back half and is a average player.

I hope the club also moves on Mackay, Lynch, Crouch, Frampton, Himmelberg, Talia(if injured), Davis. Clear the decks, play the future and start
freeing up some salary cap space.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mackay's recent dropping has me questioning what I thought a living certainty until 5pm yesterday. Combine that with Lynch's return last week and his overt coaching aspirations and I reckon they'd be seeing much more value in retaining Lynch. I can't see us getting to 3 delistings without one of the senior brigade departing. Talia might be enough though if he is picked up elsewhere. But knowing us, if he can't find a home, I'd see us giving him a year to transition to retirement or resolve his injury issues.

If Lynch wants to coach I'm sure there are opportunities at other teams if he is good enough and if he isn't good enough why would we want him.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Lynch wants to coach I'm sure there are opportunities at other teams if he is good enough and if he isn't good enough why would we want him.

We're talking about us. We'll want him because he scratches our experience itch and can coach. We've kept on Godden and Reilly, so it's not like we have high standards when it comes to development coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back