Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look there's no doubt Wingard can really play *on his day*. That seems to be rare-ish over the past few years, but he's still a player that improves our current side (especially up forward)

That said, it's really tough to justify paying up anything in the first round/our own second rounder. If he came cheap (which he might, considering Hawthorn's rebuild) I'd consider it, but he's not really the age profile we're looking for

I still maintain it'd be hilarious (and initially very off-putting) to see him in a Crows jersey after all these years, though

If it's the kind of deal similar to what Hawthorn paid to get Scully, say - then I'm interested in talking more.

But he's behind Stephens, Rankine, Dawson and maybe even Francis on the list of who I'd be chasing, and we just don't have the list spots, do we?

If it's the kind of deal similar to what Hawthorn paid to get Scully, say - then I'm interested in talking more.

But he's behind Stephens, Rankine, Dawson and maybe even Francis on the list of who I'd be chasing, and we just don't have the list spots, do we?
Bold of you to assume we’ll be getting any of those guys, let alone all of them

Who can we get in the PSD? We should try that again.

Who can we get in the PSD? We should try that again.
only works 100% if you have pick 1.. and i doubt we will get the spoon even if we lose our remaining games..

theres a chance.. but its pretty slim.

if there is a victorian club below us, especially the hawks, and its a bloody decent player like dawson they’d probably steal him ahead of us and the AFL would laugh about it.

only works 100% if you have pick 1.. and i doubt we will get the spoon even if we lose our remaining games..

theres a chance.. but its pretty slim.

if there is a victorian club below us, especially the hawks, and its a bloody decent player like dawson they’d probably steal him ahead of us and the AFL would laugh about it.
Good, that would put an end to players thinking they can go wherever they want when they're not FAs.

The point is we need players in the 22-24 age bracket. Who is bringing this Wingard rumor? Surely a powaa supporter. I don't see any point in discussing players that won't be a part of rebuilding the club.
Probably started by a Wingard's manager.

We don't need him on so many levels...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks has worked with Wingard enough to know him, so if we were going to make a pass at him it'd be because Nicks has given the all-clear on bringing him in.
Would know better than virtually anyone else. Even us here on BF....and we think we know everything!😋

It's important that as members we are critical and hold the club to account

It's equally as important that when we see some good, or growth we acknowledge that as well.

There are some on here that are critical, 100% all the time and ignore any other signs of growth or change.... it comes across as continual rock throwing

However those on here which can be balance in their appraisal both critical and positive are the ones worth listening too....

It's the 100% stone throwers, is where I have my doubts

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate I’ve blocked half a dozen people on here who are perpetual misery-guts, and it’s knocked off about 50% of posts in the threads. There are some VERY frequent posters who literally do nothing else in their retirement other than whinge about the Crows and take their pessimism to ever-depressing levels.

I’m fine with wanting to hold our club officials to account, and our players where the effort isn’t there, but we’re one (proper) year into a rebuild. There’s a lot of ‘men’ on here who should be embarrassed about how they vent their frustrations, toys out of the pram stuff..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

???... im pretty sure most have said “no thanks” and those that have said “yeah maybe” have also said “only if he came very fu**n cheap”..

i just think its funny how a few write the lad off and I think most of the hate toward him in here comes from his time at Port and his uncanny ability to consistantly fu** us over completely in showdowns.

but i’d currently rather have him in at our CB’s before Laird, Sloane or Keays...

the lad might be, from a few reports, a complete flog but he’s got miles more class and skill than the three “go to 80% of the time” CB mids we currently have..

if he did come cheap... Keays can go to the sanfl next year, sloane to half forward and our CB’s combos could be a mix of laird, wingard, berry, shoey, pedlar and the lad we get with our first round pick this year.

mcrouch can take up FA.

if come round 1 next year our CB combo consists of laird, sloane, keays and mcrouch... not only will it be vomit worthy, we’ll wind up with 2022 pick 1 in the draft guaranteed.
That's epic long range tanking. Who said the coach isn't a visionary?

Mmm a bit touchy there! Must of hit a raw nerve - so someone who doesn’t like taking a bit of critical diatribe certainly likes to dish out - grow up
Don't worry about it mate. I was his apricot slice last week. But we're besties now.

fu** this board is giving me the shits.
Unless you've noticed, we are third to bottom trending towards at least second bottom.
And our wins have largely been due to Tex, Seedsman, Laird, Keays and a bunch of middling players that won't be in our next flag push (Murphy, Kelly, Mackay, Brown, Frampton, Rowe, McAdam, Smith)

There's a reason to be critical.

Unless you've noticed, we are third to bottom trending towards at least second bottom.
And our wins have largely been due to Tex, Seedsman, Laird, Keays and a bunch of middling players that won't be in our next flag push (Murphy, Kelly, Mackay, Brown, Frampton, Rowe, McAdam, Smith)

There's a reason to be critical.

We’re in a rebuild you moron.

We’re in a rebuild you moron.

Name calling. That's cute.

If we were truly in a rebuild we would be playing Worrell, McAsey, Cook, Gollant, Fogarty for more than two weeks in a row, Pedlar and Himmelburg ahead of Frampton LONG before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back