Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really hard to get a gauge on how interested we are in Stephens. We should be trying to get he and Dawson. It’s annoying we aren’t declaring our interest publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I note that Port are also interested in Finlayson. Are we???

Yeah it’s not a move that makes a whole lot of sense to me

Maybe they don’t have that much faith in Marshall? I understand it, but for all his flaws I actually don’t mind him
i get confused with Port Players

wasn't he going to be the best key forward in the comp a few years back?

A bloke I work with told me at the start of the season, that Port would win the AFL and SANFL flags easily because they had the best depth and best young players in the competition.
He told me they had at least 14 players in the SANFL that would play AFL at any other team.

He genuinely believed it.

I have reminded him of this regularly this year. He has gone very quiet.

It won't stop him in February telling me about how awesome they all look and how unbeatable they will be again. The flogs can't help themselves.

A bloke I work with told me at the start of the season, that Port would win the AFL and SANFL flags easily because they had the best depth and best young players in the competition.
He told me they had at least 14 players in the SANFL that would play AFL at any other team.

It won't stop him in February telling me about how awesome they all look and how unbeatable they will be again. The flogs can't help themselves.

Interested to know what 14 SANFL players he was talking about?

Kane Farrell? Sam Mayes?

I have already considered Dixon as being finished, so didn't bother including him.

His extension is as bad as Sloane's in terms of it having recently become apparent that their future lied within the role player category. At least with Sloane we have the option of shifting him to a lesser role where he might at least provide decent value. But Charlie looks totally done with nowhere to go.

Last edited:

This isn't the bloke that on their board during their internal trial claimed they "have enough depth to fill 2 AFL teams" :D (despite one of those teams being belted by 10 goals)

His extension is as bad as Sloane's in terms of it having recently become apparent that their future lied within the role player category. At least with Sloane we have the option of shifting him to a lesser role where he might at provide decent value. But Charlie looks totally done with nowhere to go.

Isn't his role just to bring the ball to the ground?

"But he's always got 2 or 3 players hanging off of him"

Not many of the moves they make seem to make any sense.

Bringing in Ryder after they had signed Matthew Lobbe on a five year deal
Bringing in an inside mid (Rockliff) when they already had Wines.
Bringing in Fantasia when they already had Rozee.

They just bring guys in solely on their name and not need.

It's almost like they need to have a shiny new toy to sell the supporters each year in order to keep the membership sales up.

I reckon they thought Runder was a genuine KPF/ruck. Rozee, if not for injury, should have been pushing into the midfield this year. Even so, him and Fantasia can both play in the same F50. Rocky was ok, pushed Boak out of the midfield but then injury killed his career.

And that should increase Adelaides chances to land Dawson.

Interesting move from Port. I don't think it's necessarily a bad one either. A 30-40 goal forward to hopefully compliment Dixon for a year does probably push them closer to a premiership. Though, whether they have one more shot in them is certainly a question worth asking.
Wonder if it's a 3 way deal where we give Himmelberg to GWS, Port get Finlayson and we get Port's future 2nd round or something like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if it's a 3 way deal where we give Himmelberg to GWS, Port get Finlayson and we get Port's future 2nd round or something like that

I would say Elliot Himmelberg going to GWS is a fantasy at this point.

"Bring the ball to ground" is code for can't take a mark

It's the non-negotiable plan b, like tackling. If you don't win possession of the ball yourself then you tackle. If you're Charlie, your job is to get separation and take marks, if you can't then plan b is to bring it to ground. Any coaches pushing plan b ahead of plan a shouldn't be at AFL level.

Interested to know what 14 SANFL players he was talking about?

Kane Farrell? Sam Mayes?

Many of them live on another planet.

Last year I remember seeing Port supporters on their board trying to claim that Boyd Woodcock was significantly better than any youngster that was on our list.

They all seem to have a very bizarre view of the football world and greatly overinflate any and all things Port Adelaide

If he's coming to play midfield then I'm all for it. If were plonking him in a forward picket then it'd be a sh*t move.

I'm the opposite.
We don't want more older guys in the middle choking up the minutes for Harry, Berry, Pedlar etc.

Wingard as a classy small forward in the twilight of his career is an instant upgrade on Rowe and Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back