Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Jarman was the last recruit I can think of that was quality.
And Betts. Forgot about him.
Maybe not in recent times but we've actually traded in some pretty decent talent over time.
Darren Jarman
Scott Thompson
Scott Welsh
Tony Hall
Nathan Bassett
Matthew Tobran
Ronnie Burns
Kris Massie
Matt Connell
Peter Caven
Jason Torney
Matthew Bode
Matthew Clarke
Mark Stevens
Troy Bond
Kym Koster
Sam Jacobs
Tom Lynch
Josh Jenkins
Eddie Betts

And I've probably missed a few.

Maybe not in recent times but we've actually traded in some pretty decent talent over time.
Darren Jarman
Scott Thompson
Scott Welsh
Tony Hall
Nathan Bassett
Matthew Tobran
Ronnie Burns
Kris Massie
Matt Connell
Peter Caven
Jason Torney
Matthew Bode
Matthew Clarke
Mark Stevens
Troy Bond
Kym Koster
Sam Jacobs
Tom Lynch
Josh Jenkins
Eddie Betts

And I've probably missed a few.

I know you said not recently but only 3 in the last decade from that list?....that is the concern...

When you have the likes of Kane and Dwayne labeling you as a superstar of the competition before you've earned the accolade, you can understand why some Port players hit a glass ceiling and don't take the next step.
Port young kids do seem to have a bit of a habit of starting out their careers strongly and looking like potential stars, only to plateau and never reach the level that they were projecting to early

Just recently, Rozee, Duursma, SPP, Byrne Jones and Houston all have either stagnated or regressed after all looking really promising early on.

I know you said not recently but only 3 in the last decade from that list?....that is the concern...

Last decade of trading and free agents. Not pretty viewing

Successes
Lynch
Jenkins*
Betts
Seedsman

*not that good but played long term

Fails
Johnston
Graham
Podsiadly*
Cheney*
Lowden
Gore
Hampton
Menzel
Gibbs
Gibson
Stengle
Frampton

*not that bad but didn't offer much long term

Still to be Determined
McAdam
Hinge

Last edited:
Last decade of trading. Not pretty viewing

Successes
Lynch
Jenkins*
Betts
Seedsman

Fails
Johnston
Graham
Podsiadly*
Cheney*
Lowden
Gore
Hampton
Menzel
Gibbs
Gibson
Stengle
Frampton

Still to be Determined
McAdam
Hinge
Any way you cut it and dice it on the playing field Jenkins was an unbelievably good trade, no ******* * about it!

Successes
Lynch
Jenkins*
Betts
Seedsman

Fails
Johnston
Graham
Podsiadly*
Cheney*
Lowden
Gore
Hampton
Menzel
Gibbs
Gibson
Stengle
Frampton

Still to be Determined
McAdam
Hinge
What a shocker. Throw in some questionable first round picks and player retention and no wonder we finished bottom and yet we’ve made no chance to our list manager or head recruiter.

What a shocker. Throw in some questionable first round picks and player retention and no wonder we finished bottom and yet we’ve made no chance to our list manager or head recruiter.

Based on that, surely this is Justin Reid's last chance to make something happen this trade period, beyond a joke how many elite players have walked out our door and how little quality coming in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rember Kane said SPP woukd be the next Dusty Martin

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Remember in SPP's first year, this board was upset we didn't draft him ...such was his impact

It's been a steady decline since then .....a man-child that was at full potential in year 1 ....and has regressed

And I don't think the list manager or head recruiter had a lot of input into the Collective Mind camp.
How about paying players to play at other clubs? Or drafting players that haven’t made it? Or lack of recruiting? Or are you putting our plight down just on the camp?

To be fair, I reckon a fair few of Port’s guys have done that. Hell, even Butters is being criticised by fans for trying to pull off more than he can chew

Re: Rozee - I suspect Port will try to move him into the midfield sooner rather than later, along with Butters - considering their play styles and work-rate, I reckon Butters will be more equipped for that kind of move. I still think Rozee can be a really dangerous player in his own right, but his role going forward is a little more unclear
Butters has a more complete game ....has a real competitive nature about him ....don't mind that he tries to do too much, Greene's a similar character in that regard

Alir Alir was a great get for them, Fantasia however is a massive downhill skier who is also injury prone.

I reckon Aliir Aliir has been found out though. Dogs put a tiny bit of work into him and were more clinical in getting the ball to a more favourable contest. His intercepting and contest work weren’t the issue at Swans, they were trying to turn him into a Tadgh Keneally V2.0 as a running defender, and his DE was absolutely woeful running out from the back. Swans just weren’t playing to his strengths, whereas Port have.

As soon as Aliir gave the running disposal a crack he coughed it up against the Dogs.

He’s a good pickup for Port, but let’s not hide away at the fact he was pretty ordinary when asked to do a job against a good team, which Port had a problem with all year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon Aliir Aliir has been found out though. Dogs put a tiny bit of work into him and were more clinical in getting the ball to a more favourable contest. His intercepting and contest work weren’t the issue at Swans, they were trying to turn him into a Tadgh Keneally V2.0 as a running defender, and his DE was absolutely woeful running out from the back. Swans just weren’t playing to his strengths, whereas Port have.

As soon as Aliir gave the running disposal a crack he coughed it up against the Dogs.

He’s a good pickup for Port, but let’s not hide away at the fact he was pretty ordinary when asked to do a job against a good team, which Port had a problem with all year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
More teams will make him accountable next year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Successes
Lynch
Jenkins*
Betts
Seedsman

Fails
Johnston
Graham
Podsiadly*