Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a cracking player, VERY versatile, has quality disposal and is in the right age bracket for us going forward.

I think one thing people are forgetting is that Free Agency really started to blossom at a time when Port were struggling, had a fair bit of cap space and we were on the 'up' and with probably minimal cap space. Don't get me wrong they've done a phenomenal job at the Draft table, but in trading they've managed to attract players that have either had a connection with their club, they were able to offer more at the time than we were or they fit their list profile at the time. IMO Aliir has probably been the best pick up for them, but this whole narrative that they're a 'destination club' is laughable when you break it down.

Aliir Aliir (2020) - Astute trade but this was a mutually beneficial arrangement with the Swans where we had no draft capital, but also absolutely flush with players in that position already and still with a salary cap hangover from paying other players (Jenkins etc)

Fantasia (2020) - Already on record having told him we weren't keen on trading him

Lycett (2018) - Still had Sauce Jocobs at this stage, and ROB waiting in the wings, also salary cap

Rockliff (2017) - No room in salary cap, and no need for that position with the team we had at the time. In hindsight an accumulator with no real ability to impose himself on the game, and came into the team with cooked shoulders.

Motlop (2017) - Fair enough that i think we were into him, but Cornes added a heavy amount of mayo to the media speculating how much we were offering him, and for how long. In hindsight not a massive loss

Watts (2017) - Deal labelled 'a steal' by Kane Cornes. I agree, highway robbery on Watt's part

Dixon (2015) - At this stage we have a firing FWD line in Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Charlie and Eddie.

IMO landing Dawson is THE big fish, the biggest in a long time, and a player who blows any of the above out of the water.

The best thing about the Watts trade? Port gave up pick 31 - which Melbourne used to recruit Bailey Fritsch, who will play in a GF next weekend...It was steal alright, KCornes go that bit right. What he didn't realise was that Port were robbed by both Melbourne and Watts.

...or maybe, you know, not even come on here as an alias with a sole purpose to infiltrate and subtly troll, and get spotted in the first post. LOL
As a new Crows poster when your very first post, goes easy on Port and hard on the Crows, thats all the evidence I need.

In fact, I saw one new poster earlier a few weeks back and got him banned before he did much on here as I could tell he was building up to troll us and low and behold he did.

See, I don't get this argument. I am sure Jordan has a phone, and most likely a laptop.

Surely Zoom meetings and phone calls are occurring and we are not waiting for him to get out of quarantine FFS.

of course we are. There's no rush, GF isnt even on for another week. Next step is tour of facilities and the hard sell, they're not doing that via Zoom when there absolutely no rush.

That he’s a champion? I’ve no doubt he’s a bona fide star. It’s just a pity he’s at the pipsqueaks over there and has been infected with the Alberton “get ahead of ourselves” disease.

They will ruin his career.
The hope that power are actually interested in getting rid of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The choice for Dawsob is either picking a club with a core of senior players trying who are desperately trying to snag a flag before it falls off the cliff or going to a developing side that's building and is a couple of years away from finals.

At 24 you would think a player would be thinking a bit further ahead than just 2022, but who knows.

Absolutely, he's 24yo. He will be playing another 6yrs at the very least.

Needs to look further than just the immediate future.

As a new Crows poster when your very first post, goes easy on Port and hard on the Crows, thats all the evidence I need.

In fact, I saw one new poster earlier a few weeks back and got him banned before he did much on here as I could tell he was building up to troll us and low and behold he did.

Ive been reading this forum since the RedHorse’s Big Fish days. Like I said, I really enjoy the input that you and others post. The only reason I commented was because I really want to land Dawson. I think he would be our best pick up for some time.
Port wanted Merrett then Billings. Both feel through, if they were to make a late play for Dawson and land him I would be annoyed.

How much does September suck when you're not playing. Part of the benefit of finishing low should be that your trade week opens the Monday after your last game.

Last edited:
On-Boarding myself into the harshness of BF world,

Reading all the comments about Jordan Dawson & Pt Adelaide, has anyone thought to gather assumption he will be having a medical at both Adelaide clubs, then for the most part are we under a realisation that players are steered by their management who will use leverage at different layers to get their client the best possible contract?

There is a loose rumour that the Adelaide Football club are more interested in developing Dawson into a midfielder and plugging this as a carrot.

Either way don’t think we are far out of conversation for Jordan Dawson however, I also have a sneaky assumption he isn’t our highest targeted player.
From Nicks's late season press conference I have no doubt we are actively trying to get Luko and Rankine this off season. However we'll be focusing so hard on this goal that if it doesn't come off which is highly likely we would have already missed the boat on Dawson.

How much does September suck when you're not playing. Part of finishing low should be the benefit that your trade week opens the Monday after your last game.

Personally I love watching neutral finals

Absolutely, he's 24yo. He will be playing another 6yrs at the very least.

Needs to look further than just the immediate future.

In addition to this comment, I believe it would be prosperous for a footballer coming into a side a few years older than the next wave of talent, especially with a club aiming for a steep incline rebuild. Selecting the Adelaide Crows will open an opportunity to establish himself as a "Top Dog" in a year or 2 resulting in a good financial position until the end of his football career.

From Nicks's late season press conference I have no doubt we are actively trying to get Luko and Rankine this off season. However we'll be focusing so hard on this goal that if it doesn't come off which is highly likely we would have already missed the boat on Dawson.
I don't think that's the case at all.

Focusing on 2 players IN contract rather than 1 OOC didn't sound like it was on Nicks radar. Plus the latter has already been through our facilities.

What you suggest makes no sense.

Ive been reading this forum since the RedHorse’s Big Fish days. Like I said, I really enjoy the input that you and others post. The only reason I commented was because I really want to land Dawson. I think he would be our best pick up for some time.
Port wanted Merrett then Billings. Both feel through, if they were to make a late play for Dawson and land him I would be annoyed.
Happy to welcome your postings, go luck👍

Cannot agree with this, Dogga is a pretty poor player manager if he hasn't already got a pretty solid agreement in place with one of the Adelaide clubs before telling the Swans his player is heading out.

He wouldn't need a solid agreement with either club, he'd just needed to have gauged interest and received indicitave contract offers from both clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back