Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ricciuto said Gibbs took a big pay cut to return to SA and was on less than McGovern when he re-signed with us for $550K to refute the point that McGovern was pissed off the Crows couldn't offer him more and then signed Gibbs on "big" money, then he did a dash for cash to Carlton.

I probably care more about losing the 2 first rounders than the salary cap.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Macca ....is that a tribal face-off thing .....or do the two sides players actually mingle together

Been a long time since I was in Adelaide ....but I was under the impression Larg's Bay was quite trendy now for eateries ?
I'm in the Semaphore/Largs area, is a nice spot but still very funky and eclectic. There are still plenty of run down pockets, especially the further back you get from the beach. We love it here, but I'd be surprised if many if any AFL players would be living out this way. Agree with the others that the Henley and Grange area would be the majority of those on this side of town.

Lots happening around the Port Adelaide area though with plenty of cool restaurants now and Piratelife going gangbusters. Would be very different since the last time you were here.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I get the impression the club asked Talia and Lynch what type of contract they were looking for and both said in the 600-700k range.
And based on those numbers, the club declined to offer them a contract.
Hopefully Sloaney was the last pension type contract we hand out

That aligns with what I exoect would have gone down. We might have suggested we were more in the $350k region in a mentoring/backup role which I'd expect would have gotten a "nope, it's not a negotiation, this is my number, pay it or I'm out" response. I think reality is hitting home for both boys as to their value as 30 year old ex-AFC players. Unfortunately for them, as you suggest, they're probably the first long termers that didn't get the big superannuation contracts in their declining years.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
The discussion was around overpaying player's contract and I think you'll find we received pick 21 (thanks to Carlton finished last and after the FA compensation) in a much stronger draft the following year compared to pick 16 in a weaker draft the previous year. Carton received our 2nd rounder but we also received their 3rd rounder.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
So.. Dawson got out of quarantine.. met with crows and power.. and has now headed home to Robe to get away from the media and obviously hang out with his family and get their advice/support/opinions on what to do..

Guess we’ll all find out in the next week or so which way he goes..
Both Roo and Dawson managed by TLA so hopefully Roo is pressing them for info......

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Indoubt he wasn't paid a premium. His old man was quoted as saying we came harder for him than we had in the past. That would be Roo revisionism, "sure, he's been s**t, but we aren't paying him much". Sure Roo, then explain a busting salary cap for a spoon side you nimrod.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The discussion was around overpaying player's contract and I think you'll find we received pick 21 (thanks to Carlton finished last and after the FA compensation) in a much stronger draft the following year compared to pick 16 in a weaker draft the previous year. Carton received our 2nd rounder but we also received their 3rd rounder.

We overpaid for Gibbs plain and simple, laughable to suggest otherwise.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
Makes it interesting with Talia and makes you wonder about that foot injury. Tarrants a few years older than Talia and certainly had his own checkered injury history. Not sure the Tiger's would be grabbing both, unless they're hedging their bets... 2 injury prone older key defenders in the hope one is fit each week.

My bet is that Talia has already done a medical and they don’t like what they’re seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

dplggr47

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
My bet is that Talia has already done a medical and they don’t like what they’re seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thought someone mentioned this a while back after Crows didn't offer him a contract; that Talia would not pass a medical and therefore would not get a contract elsewhere and at his age, what club would back themselves in to get thim fit while paying him what he's asking. Perhaps this was just all speculation though.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Plus the other first rounder.

Points wise we paid more for Gibbs than we received for Lever
Sure...because the points for 35+ are so "consistent", pick 35 + 36 + 37 are "worth" a top 10 pick in terms of point?! Hence, who care about our 2nd rounder and Carlton's 3rd rounder and pick 35, our 3rd rounder and Melbourne's 4th rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back