Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it depends on how much it costs us to do that - if it doesn't cost us too much, we could do that and GC can still on trade pick 4 and make out like bandits.
Still boils down to giving up another bite of the draft cherry for a single slot up in the even value point in the draft. In a year where there we're 3 top echelon open draft players, sure, but this year, it seems like a waste as a single transaction

Still boils down to giving up another bite of the draft cherry for a single slot up in the even value point in the draft. In a year where there we're 3 top echelon open draft players, sure, but this year, it seems like a waste as a single transaction
Honestly, If there was an opportunity to trade pick 4 for WCE pick 10 and their 2022 1st, I would seriously look at that as their 2022 1st might easily be a top 5 pick if you look at their list (ie it could seriously be worth a punt). 2 x single digit picks next year when Luko and Rankine are OOC and there are some high end SA kids again whilst still being able to grad a mid like Goater etc this year.....

Cal Twomey says Crows are interested in moving up to pick to pick 3

"RICHMOND and Adelaide are among the clubs interested in Gold Coast's pick No.3 with the Suns open to splitting the selection for multiple top picks."

Wonder who we have our eye one there?
Would we be looking at having pick 3 and pick 4 this year as part of our deal for pick 1 (JHF)?

But how would we get that pick from GC? We'd need to give up a player...

pick 4 + Himmelberg? He would fill a need for them and they drop 1 spot
This is a better deal for all parties. Our 2022 1st, Himmelberg and pick 37 to GC for pick 3.
GC then trades pick 37 with another club for a 2022 2nd rounder. We end up with pick 3 and 4 which we then trade 4 to Richmond for 7 and 16. If they aren't interested we take 3 and 4 to the draft. If Himmelberg won't get it done (which he will fill a need for them when King leaves) let's talk and see which player will get it done. As long as it's not an untouchable player for us I'm sure we can work out a mutually beneficial deal. This way GC turn pick 3 into our 2022 1st (pick 6-7) and a 2022 2nd (around pick 37) plus a player they need and we take Callaghan at 3. With pick 4 we take the best available or try and split it. Pick 23 for Dawson. End up with Dawson, pick 3, 4. Alternatively Dawson, pick 3, 7, 16 if Richmond want to trade up to 4.

Last edited:
Absolutely not.

Rankine hasn't regained any of the spark he had before his serious hamstring injury, and often looks disinterested out there.

Luko, although an absolutely beautiful kick, was drafted with such a high draft pick on the premise he would become a leading KPF, and has not looked like replicating his performances as a junior in that position at all. Doesn't seem to want to build that sort of bulk, and has been sent to the backline where all failed KPF's seem to go, where he is playing reasonable footy.

If we're looking to trade both of them this year, it's on the CHANCE they'll both take their finger out and elevate themselves to the next level, and i'm certainly not coughing up high 1st rounders for both players being an unknown quantity.

I'd prefer to have a crack at them next year for a few reasons:
1) They'd both be out of contract, so gives GC less leverage with a trade
2) It gives us another year to have a look at their performances
3) We'd be trading them in at a time when Port will be looking at tying up their own stars in Rozee, Butter and Duursma when they come out of contract, and a salary cap squeeze will start to become a bit more of a reality for them. Puts the focus on us if they nominate SA as a trade destination.
Weren't those hamstring injuries in his first year and when he returned in his 2nd year he looked like an already gun, 3rd year was compromised and this year he only started to look disinterested.

It’s like a bad dream isn’t it?

Will be interesting to see if Lyon returns to coaching from here

It's like a club run by used car dealers.

Always promising the world, always under delivering.

Honestly, If there was an opportunity to trade pick 4 for WCE pick 10 and their 2022 1st, I would seriously look at that as their 2022 1st might easily be a top 5 pick if you look at their list (ie it could seriously be worth a punt). 2 x single digit picks next year when Luko and Rankine are OOC and there are some high end SA kids again whilst still being able to grad a mid like Goater etc this year.....
Yep, unless North do a massive misdirect and pass on JHF then going up for the live pick 2 or 3 is almost pointless in my eyes, but going back is certainly appealing given what we are chasing.

West Coast, Richmond, Freo (after the Cerra Deal) are all potential takers who could make it work if they were motivated enough.

Me too, but I think that ships sailed. We had 1 opportunity to bring him in if we wanted him, I doubt we will get another.

For what its worth I really wanted Hollands, but and totally happy we took Thilthorpe
any chance we can cool it with the Hollands talk - it will attract Brett Cummings back:moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too, but I think that ships sailed. We had 1 opportunity to bring him in if we wanted him, I doubt we will get another.

For what its worth I really wanted Hollands, but and totally happy we took Thilthorpe
Yeah we had one shot, one opportunity.

I don't see him ever wearing the tri-colours for us now which is a shame, as he will be class one day.

"Inside Trading" on the AFL website says,

" Jake Kelly (Adelaide to Essendon) would likely fall into the third round, if at all."

Surely we get something! Unless he has signed on for a packet of chips.

" Jake Kelly (Adelaide to Essendon) would likely fall into the third round, if at all."

Not really fussed. Just happy our turnovers have decreased. Mathew Lloyd reckons he will be a backup at ess. If true his money may not be that good.

Last edited:

Sounds like garbage media to me..remember when he was being courted by a few clubs and Essendon won the race - no chance he has taken minimum chips if that was the case and it would not surprise me if we got an end of 2nd round for him - in fact, i would be shocked if it wasn't something like that

Voss, Lappin, Scarlett, Cook. A big improvement on Teague. I reckon Voss will go alright. They dodged a bullet with Lyon.
Pfffftt…

they dumped teague because they incorrectly believed they were a great chance to get Clarkson..

what we’ve seen since the disgusting way teague was treated is a club that is in complete and utter disaray desperately trying to make up for their error in judgement.

Voss has got the job because he’s basically the last man standing!.. what a circus.

The entire club meeds to be folded and their license sent to Tasmania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back