Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
" I learned a lot about myself and how to deal with younger players"

Interesting use of the phrase "deal with". I don't think I've ever had to "deal with" any of the team I manage. "Work with", "engage with", but not "deal with".

If you read more of the article he clarifies this by saying that he now "raps" instructions at the younger players and also throws gang signs at 1/4 and 3/4 time huddles

If you read more of the article he clarifies this by saying that he now "raps" instructions at the younger players and also throws gang signs at 1/4 and 3/4 time huddles

He heard they do everything online using the "social medias" now, so he's set up a MySpace to connect with them. They'll be pretty impressed when they see the sweet geocities site he's putting together, too.

Being pegged as of less playing value than David Mackay, who's a full 2 years older, would be pretty difficult to cop. Like you, I doubt it's anything to do with coaching etc, but rather the moving on of 2 experienced guys instead of cupping their balls and cutting kids instead.
It must be almost time for David Mackay to move out of your head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was the crows I’d give Cameron’s brother who just got delisted by west coast a second chance. do it Adelaide
I don't think he'd want to. He going to play WAFL for a year

He’d rather play wafl than AFL? surely not...and burgess coming to the crows we can pitch we can get his body right as well; crows should be looking hard at him. the games I watched of him he was electric and kicked bags of goals.

It devalues the transaction, but how that is dealt with depends on the clubs.

Some might be happy to pay the full contract, especially if scraping to meet the TPP floor, while giving away a lot less in trade. A fire sale trade is more likely in this scenario if the losing club is very tight on cap space and can't afford top-up payments.

Others might want a discount on the payment, but pay market rate in the trade.

Or go full Collingwood and give away a good player in a poor trade and fork out a bunch of cash for years to come as well.
Either way if a contract is back ended the player still gets his money right? So it’s gonna still cost Port somehow, depending on how benevolent the receiving club is. My guess is that the players Port trade won’t be so good that the new club’s going to happily foot the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back