Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delisted FA too, might be a gamble worth taking
His brother Charlie is an outside chance of getting drafted this year, had a a Vic Country draft Combine invite which was held this morning so he's on recruiters radar.

Would I love pick 2 the answer is yes and if we got pick 2 it woukd be way overs for Brad

Brad is a good player, but he ia not pick 2 elite

Brad is not a clearance king, his defensive game is not great and when was the last time we seen Brad lace out a forward target ?

He is a good honest footballer

The FA compo model is fundamentally broken if we receive pick 2 for Brad, considering what the Hawks received for Buddy

That said Ill take pick 2 every day of the week, but on the other hand for me its not pick 2 or Brad stays either

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Hawks got that pick because they were premiers.. We get pick 2 because we're bottom. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? When good players leave struggling clubs they get generously compensated? Whereas successful clubs not so much?

The Hawks got that pick because they were premiers.. We get pick 2 because we're bottom. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? When good players leave struggling clubs they get generously compensated? Whereas successful clubs not so much?

Exactly.

Lynch (GC) to Richmond shows how it more fairly compensated a worse team.

The problem is we're bottom but everyone else thinks we're still good for some reason. Like we'll find our own way out of the hole so screw us.

That’s where people get confused. Its compensation based on the club not the player

This morning Jye Caldwell was reported as fact as getting 5 years at $550K per year ......this afternoon it's reported it's $450K a year

The leaks normally come from Managers, but in this case, everyone's speculating ......again was raised on Footy Classified, is journalism today about being first with the story, at the expense of accuracy ......think most would know the answer to this

Last week it was reported as fact that Fantasia was Crows bound ....a week, a day, an hour is such a long time in footy nowdays

I will state as fact though .....Brad Crouch's Manager was telling clubs the details of the Crows offer previously tabled .....it was both to his, St Kilda's, and Crows advantage to do so
Yeah and the media saying Crouch to Geelong at $450k per year days ago LOL.

It's the same media that beat up that Brad Crouch "isn't worth pick 2".

Now as so called professional journalists they are either idiots who don't understand free agency, and the fact that it has a built in compensation factor to assist bottom clubs, or they are just running an agenda, creating "clickbait" and trying to make a story out of nothing.

Honestly, if you are an AFL journalist, and you can't get your head around free agency and the way it works, give the game away. People that stupid should be filleting fish in a fish factory* not writing stories in the media, Damien Barrett I'm looking at you.

It's just sad that here people react to this stuff, which just feeds them.

*no offence intended to anyone on Bigfooty who fillets fish for a living. It's a decent honest living unlike working for CrocMedia

Surely the salary is locked in by now. There would be no driving it up unless we push back with a threat to match

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Exactly, it's pretty simple really, isn't it? The Crows say you can have Brad if you offer him enough to get us band 1 compensation. Otherwise we match. The ball is in the Saints court.

Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple: we won't know whether it's enough until it's too late! Then, if it's not: chaos!
True, but the ball is still in the Saints court. I don't think there is a lot the Crows can do to make it happen. If I were at the Saints I would be having a quiet word with someone at the AFL to see what is required to trigger band 1 compensation.

True, but the ball is still in the Saints court. I don't think there is a lot the Crows can do to make it happen. If I were at the Saints I would be having a quiet word with someone at the AFL to see what is required to trigger band 1 compensation.
There may be no amount that triggers it. I think we need to work out whether compensation is really based on the amount or the Afl's view of the player involved and whether they think the loss of that player is enough of a detriment to warrant tier 1. If we aren't going to get pick 2 regardless of the offer the only winner out of this is Brad and his manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

98 GF maybe?
But seriously, at least I can understand the VFL media carrying on that Brouch isn’t “worth pick 2”. I can pick the flaws in the statement but understand the naivety of it.

but this vindictive prick saying we‘d be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Brouch, thats just inciting violence that s**t.

I’m fascinated how the media “know” we aren’t going to get pick 2... Have the AFL come out and said “even if he gets paid $800k, they ain’t getting pick 2”. If the media are sure and know..... then the AFL is even more corrupt than we thought. But I’m sure Daniher is worth a first round compo… same same but different.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Not a lawyer, but surely if that was true then surely that would be illegal. That would be corruption in a multi-million dollar industry. Surely the VFL media are just guessing based on their own bias.

Pick 10 or equivalent.

Looking at what the Saints have to offer I'd be asking for their 2020 and 2021 firsts with a pick in the 20s going back to them
I like that, and I'd probably be happy with a 2020 1st and a 2021 2nd as well, with the draft being so much stronger next year.

That being said, I'd MUCH rather take on Dunstan, Webster and band 1 ...

I like that, and I'd probably be happy with a 2020 1st and a 2021 2nd as well, with the draft being so much stronger next year.

Probably a good move, Saints might disagree but a pick in the 20s going back makes it a pretty even sort of deal.

I wouldn't be happy with a 2021 2nd. It could be quite a late pick, 30+ or so

With our abundance of picks this year I'd be more than happy to give up something this year to get 2020 and 2021 firsts

Problem is they cant trade out their 2021 1st as they have to use it having traded out last year and probably this year. It would have to be pick 15 and their 2021 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back