Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having these new midfielders come in who were drafted high will do wonders for Chayse. I think he felt the pressure to be the "answer".

It's quite possible that played a role. It did look like a season for Chayce where he expected it to happen and it just didn't happen.

I do wonder if we missed some warning signs with complacency with Chayce during COVID as well, seeing how much of a shambles we were during that period. it also wouldn't have been difficult for Chayce to fall victim of that, seeing he smashed 2019 out of the park by getting multiple games and a 4-year deal.

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
He didn't struggle as a junior to find the football (went at a tick under 22 disp. in the champs during his draft year), so I'm hopeful that's just finding some confidence for young Chayce.
I'm convinced it was the messages from the coach's (Godden & Hart), he was concentrating so hard on stopping his player he forgot to hunt the ball. had his back to the ball more than once at stoppages. Hopefully VB can sort him out.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Jaidyn Stephenson looks like he's on the way out

Geez he's going to be a steal for the team that gets him (assuming he doesn't get moved for much). We're not the right fit for him right now, but when he's on he's X-factor personified

Trigger13

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Should replace Henley Beach Cafe with Hastings Street, NOOSA.

Not that anyone probably cares but So far in the last 3 days I’ve seen B Crouch about 10 times, R O’Brien, Seed, Dion Prestia, and David Astbury..and Danger has apparently just checked into my hotel. I also had a great chat with umpire Matt Stevic. Good bloke.

It’s a footy nuffie’s paradise here.

As you were.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Geez he's going to be a steal for the team that gets him (assuming he doesn't get moved for much). We're not the right fit for him right now, but when he's on he's X-factor personified
I'd be going for it now

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
sauce.png

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I'm convinced it was the messages from the coach's (Godden & Hart), he was concentrating so hard on stopping his player he forgot to hunt the ball. had his back to the ball more than once at stoppages. Hopefully VB can sort him out.

I think you might be right.

I watched him in quite a few games and during the 2nd half of the season he looked completely lost and seemed to spend the whole time watching and chasing players rather than trying to win the ball.

He's only 21, so I wouldn't have an issue with us trying to add more X-factor to our forward line. The idea of a trio of forwards that consisted of McAdam, Stephenson and Stengle (maybe Newchurch instead) is certainly tantalising foil.

Rhys Palmer Mark II imo.

Hard pass.

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's only 21, so I wouldn't have an issue with us trying to add more X-factor to our forward line. The idea of a trio of forwards that consisted of McAdam, Stephenson and Stengle (maybe Newchurch instead) is certainly tantalising foil.

What do you think it would take to get him?

He's nothing like Palmer?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Not comparing the play style, I'm comparing the decline.

e.g. Hyped first year or so with winning Rising Star, then never really living up to the potential. I see Jaidyn Stephenson following the same path.

What do you think it would take to get him?

Had a rough 2021, however, is contracted, young, won the rising star and was initially pick 6. I'd expect pick 8 and maybe some steak knives added to that.

May 13, 2006
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ford Cortina

Not that anyone probably cares but So far in the last 3 days I’ve seen B Crouch about 10 times, R O’Brien, Seed, Dion Prestia, and David Astbury..and Danger has apparently just checked into my hotel. I also had a great chat with umpire Matt Stevic. Good bloke.

As you were.

That's all youve seen on Hastings street????

Open your eyes son!!!

As you were.

Are you selling coke?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Had a rough 2021, however, is contracted, young, won the rising star and was initially pick 6. I'd expect pick 8 and maybe some steak knives added to that.
Off field issues, sure I've read that somewhere, footy prep apparently leaves a bit to be desired?

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not comparing the play style, I'm comparing the decline.

e.g. Hyped first year or so with winning Rising Star, then never really living up to the potential. I see Jaidyn Stephenson following the same path.
Palmer was a massive piss head / party animal. That contributed to his demise.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

As you were.
Was Brad being a Saint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back