ams4crows

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Wonder if the approved new facility involves a liquor licence on site?

I'm interested in Brodie and CCJ, I don't think we're realistically in the Hunt for Caldwell when there are a few Vic clubs lining up for him.
Hatley could end up being pre season draft not sure if a need but better than Port having him

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
Jul 12, 2013
Wherever the ESH clubrooms are
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Rockies, Oceanics

I'm interested in Brodie and CCJ, I don't think we're realistically in the Hunt for Caldwell when there are a few Vic clubs lining up for him.
Hatley could end up being pre season draft not sure if a need but better than Port having him
Why would they?

The days of a "clubroom" post-game are well and truly dead in professional sports (not just AFL), and if we were moving away from West Lakes, all it'd cause is to off-side whoever is there currently and make any bid have a lot more opposition to get though. Best you could hope for is we partner up with a pub or two that's already in the area and a get a faux clubroom thing going, similar to the Alberton Hotel.

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The mighty Panthers, GWV Rebels, Be

What makes you think Will Brodie is more a want than Jackson Hately?

Brodie is contracted until 2022, Hately is out of contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACCS

BigFooty Juggernaut
May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gary Putland, Redbacks, Oz Cricket
So the rumour is that we negotiated paying off Gibbs gambling debt to get him to retire

Well, there goes our salary cap next year
I also heard recently from someone with connections to his Dad that the gambling debt is a myth, but the constant speculation about it has led to his mental health issues over the last couple of seasons. His wife’s miscarriage recently also took a massive effect on him mentally, understandably. As you’ve seen with the camp, the club prefers to say nothing than address rumours like this.

1990crow

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 31, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I also heard recently from someone with connections to his Dad that the gambling debt is a myth, but the constant speculation about it has led to his mental health issues over the last couple of seasons. His wife’s miscarriage recently also took a massive effect on him mentally, understandably. As you’ve seen with the camp, the club prefers to say nothing than address rumours like this.
Which is seriously poor PR.

BACCS

BigFooty Juggernaut
May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gary Putland, Redbacks, Oz Cricket
Which is seriously poor PR.
Agreed on the camp stuff, but the club can’t be commenting on personal situations unless it’s obviously in the extreme scenario like Elijah Taylor. The Gibbs gambling rumour has never been anything but a rumour on social media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bigman

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
i thought of him too. Probably most likely. He just does not fit Nicks gamestyle and with Tali returning we cannot afford to have 3 lock down defenders. It puts our backline completely out of balance, particularly for sling shot football.

Maybe he will be one of the players Rucci is stating will leave at seasons end. He may have read the tea leaves and seen his full time days in defence are in danger of being over at the Crows with Smith, Milera, Brown, Talia, Macasey, Butts, Hamill, McPherson all likely to be picked before him in future with possible exception of Butts.

CrowsB4hoes

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why would they?

The days of a "clubroom" post-game are well and truly dead in professional sports (not just AFL), and if we were moving away from West Lakes, all it'd cause is to off-side whoever is there currently and make any bid have a lot more opposition to get though. Best you could hope for is we partner up with a pub or two that's already in the area and a get a faux clubroom thing going, similar to the Alberton Hotel.
A "liquor license" doesn't mean a clubroom or pub.

If the club is going to spend this sort of money, then it would want to make the most out of the facility. That would include having a cafe (which was highlighted in the first concept drawings) and expect like most cafes, they will sell wine and beer

I expect they would also want to host functions and conferences, so would need to provide alcohol for similar occasions.

Top Bottom