Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His current job hasn't ended. Its still conflicted as he would be involved in draft and trade decisions which are underway for us
i didn’t mean start work !!
also i think you will find balme is not in the hub nor has he been so not sure how involved he actually is in this season anyway

His current job hasn't ended. Its still conflicted as he would be involved in draft and trade decisions which are underway for us
Correct, and we want to hear as much as possible about what Richmond are thinking about list management, salary cap and drafting...you never know when that might come in handy :)

Correct, and we want to hear as much as possible about what Richmond are thinking about list management, salary cap and drafting...you never know when that might come in handy :)
My guess is if he's leaving they'll have left him out of said discussions.

I'm with you and being sort of torn apart on this, but with the secret herb and spices formula that you don't know the result until after you let him go. It a bit of a lottery maybe weighted to us but those pr-cks at the AFL are just waiting to screw us over.

This is definitely a tough one. We have in front of us a quality player who wants to actually stay here (if you believe the media they ALL want to leave), but on the flip side, he is very injury prone.

I'm not sure what damage it is doing to our relationship with Brad by not having an offer on the table and waiting to see what other offers come in, but as a business decision it is the correct way to go about it IMO. It's clear we are waiting to see what compo we can get for him. He isn't worth a no2 pick on face value so if we can get that then we need to take it, regardless of how much we value him, and then hope that pick 2 becomes a star and doesn't want out after 2yrs.

If we only get pick 19 for him then we keep him and take the risk of him not getting injured.

You can guarantee this decision will be well documented in 4yrs time if it doesn't work out for us. Isn't hindsight wonderful. Fingers crossed.

I can see the Crouch deal going bad for us. He genuinely wants to remain with us and has said that but I think our attitude to test the water with FA pick will not end up well. I think the AFL will give us a end of round 1 pick at best.

It’s him testing the water, not us. What he wants in terms of years we’re not prepared to offer. So he’s out there seeing if someone will. Happens all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constable is also looking to leave Geelong, wonder why we see Parfitt as more of a need.

Parfitt just looks like a forward/mid that Nicks would love. 4th in the league for tackles per game, and no slouch offensively.

Parfitt just looks like a forward/mid that Nicks would love. 4th in the league for tackles per game, and no slouch offensively.
i’m happy with parfitt but i saw something today he expected to sign by the weekend

If Parfitt rumour is true and I can see it happening. Parfitt makes more sense rebuild wise than Menengola. Also Geelong is targetting Brad to win a flag, Menengola is more important to that push than Parfitt.
Geelong can then use that for WB to get up the draft list too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back