Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinch of salt rumour....

We won't be drafting Thilthope OR McDonald as our priority is using our top 2 picks on midfielders.

The rumour is surrounding our rebuilding strategy of:
Year 1 drafting top 10 key defenders
(Did this last year)
Year 2 drafting top 10 midfielders
(Holland's & Phillips - my guess)
Year 3 trade in or F/A key forwards
(known players on radar that will be availible)

It was explained to me in detail and the person has good credibility.

To me I can't see us passing up a home grown tall key forward in Thilthope.

Food for thought.

Pinch of salt rumour....

We won't be drafting Thilthope OR McDonald as our priority is using our top 2 picks on midfielders.

(Did this last year)

Food for thought.
this would not surprise me but i don’t think we will get phillips too if we only have pick 8 as our next pick

also would not surprise if they punt on baldwin with that 20/21 ish given there’s not much else there by then and especially if they take two mids with the top picks

That's a terrible draft strategy if true. You pick best available talent in the top end. So on that thinking we miss a Dangerfield type player because this year we committed to 1 KPD. Then we miss a Riewoldt type player as we are committed to two midfielders. Horrible thought process and I'd be surprised if true.

That's a terrible draft strategy if true. You pick best available talent in the top end. So on that thinking we miss a Dangerfield type player because this year we committed to 1 KPD. Then we miss a Riewoldt type player as we are committed to two midfielders. Horrible thought process and I'd be surprised if true.
haha mcdonald is not riewoldt

I doubt it'll be our strategy but if the best available is always a certain type you end up with 25 HBFs

Pinch of salt rumour....

(Did this last year)

Food for thought.
Thanks for this information.

This strategy seems a bit flawed to me considering it sounds like next year is the draft for midfielders. It sounds like there is a group of 5-6 potential elite midfielders at the top end of next years draft that we should be targeting.

In addition, I believe we shouldn’t be looking at bringing in FAs until 2022 or 2023 because I think we need to hit the draft hard again in 2021.

I want us to be building towards a dynasty and don’t want any short cuts taken because the club is feeling the pressure from the media and supporters to rise up the ladder quickly. We should be following the Brisbane rebuild template, although it might be difficult to trade in the quality of Neale and Cameron.

This strategy seems a bit flawed to me considering it sounds like next year is the draft for midfielders. It sounds like there is a group of 5-6 potential elite midfielders at the top end of next years draft that we should be targeting.

In addition, I believe we shouldn’t be looking at bringing in FAs until 2022 or 2023 because I think we need to hit the draft hard again in 2021.

I want us to be building towards a dynasty and don’t want any short cuts taken because the club is feeling the pressure from the media and supporters to rise up the ladder quickly. We should be following the Brisbane rebuild template, although it might be difficult to trade in the quality of Neale and Cameron.
given how there’s been zero footy in vic this year how do we know what 2021 draft going to be like for mids? are you talking horne? that’s one. who are the other underages showing promise who are playing?

we need to concentrate on this year and then we can worry about next year.

I fully agree and feel we would be crazy not to take McDonald or Thilthope and draft the best available midfielders.

The only sense this will have is if the club rates 2 midfielders the same as the key position players or the club feels they will have a legitimate key position forward available for trade in the next few seasons.

The strategy is a lot like an NBA rebuild where drafting a big can be a massive risk, where a wing or guard at a high end has a great probability to being successful.
Then wait for a proven big to be available in FA OR TRADE and go all in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per my usual quality source, Polec has spoken with the club about a potential move. I’d take him if the rebuild was a year or two advanced. Beautiful user.
no way
don’t need to worry he is so far from the nicks prototype it’s not funny

As per my usual quality source, Polec has spoken with the club about a potential move. I’d take him if the rebuild was a year or two advanced. Beautiful user.
No way in hell. He screams of massive entitlement! Great ball user, but would bring down / erode the team first culture Nicksy is building.

Pinch of salt rumour....

(Did this last year)

Food for thought.

We can probably grab macrae with GWS Pick. We should not worry about another kpf for 7 years if we just grab one now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back