Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
For Fantasia. Or Francis. Maybe I would.
You're taking the piss yeah?

Fantasia's spot we already have well covered with McAdam and Stengle not to mention how little he actually gets on the field with his history of soft tissue injuries.

Francis has never come close to realising the hype he had as a junior....and that's without even mentioning his mental issues...if he really wanted to head back to SA as some claim I'm beggared if I can work out why he keeps re-signing with the Bombers?

Now if it was the uncontracted Adam Saad you were talking maybe we'd consider but on 2nd thoughts probably not.

Any chance of going back to a rumour only thread and a separate discussion thread like we had over the past few years. I thought that worked very well

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Pretty sure. Those 2 names were allegedly "signed, sealed and delivered" to us last year by someone in the know.
Was it FAITH ?

He'd likely be in the know considering the amount of time he spends at the Henley beach cafe?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Fantasia's spot we already have well covered with McAdam and Stengle not to mention how little he actually gets on the field with his history of soft tissue injuries.

Francis has never come close to realising the hype he had as a junior....and that's without even mentioning his mental issues...if he really wanted to head back to SA as some claim I'm beggared if I can work out why he keeps re-signing with the Bombers?

Now if it was the uncontracted Adam Saad you were talking maybe we'd consider but on 2nd thoughts probably not.
Saad is already 26, so as much as I like him, he would be a pass for me...unless we swap for Seedsman and don't pay him too much!

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide

I wouldn't say no to Francis, unbelievably talented, but I wouldn't pay more than a 3rd rounder for him, probably 4th. Just hasn't been able to play anything resembling consistent football.

Fantasia, I agree, doesn't fill a need and similarly struggling to get on the park and play consistent football.

Talia I'd hate to lose, but wouldn't begrudge him seeking opportunities elsewhere. He's given us significant service and he's at that point where he either remains a 1 club player or chases a premiership. I wouldn't let him go cheaply though.

Essendon are in a funny position, they should be challenging and have paid up big time the past few years to ensure this, but clearly things aren't settled off field.

Do things improve with Woosha gone and Rutten in charge?

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Any chance of going back to a rumour only thread and a separate discussion thread like we had over the past few years. I thought that worked very well
There is one but it disappears quickly off the front page as there aren’t many posts in it.
Even though i did my best to fix this1990crow

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wouldn't say no to Francis, unbelievably talented, but I wouldn't pay more than a 3rd rounder for him, probably 4th. Just hasn't been able to play anything resembling consistent football.

Fantasia, I agree, doesn't fill a need and similarly struggling to get on the park and play consistent football.

Talia I'd hate to lose, but wouldn't begrudge him seeking opportunities elsewhere. He's given us significant service and he's at that point where he either remains a 1 club player or chases a premiership. I wouldn't let him go cheaply though.

Essendon are in a funny position, they should be challenging and have paid up big time the past few years to ensure this, but clearly things aren't settled off field.

Do things improve with Woosha gone and Rutten in charge?
Francis will go down as one of the players who’s career least matched their U18 potential for me.

He turned out to be the Anti-Doedee in terms of development!

Not saying he can’t get better, but right now it looks like Essendon are trying to make him less Jeremy McGovern and more Simon Prestagiacomo

I heard some talk up here that Brisbane are looking to get out of this year's draft and Gold Coast get further into it.

Terrible source, though. Rugby connected, but barely AFL.

Gold Coast I imagine would be all over some of the defensive talls in this year's draft

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
So the rumour is that we negotiated paying off Gibbs gambling debt to get him to retire

Well, there goes our salary cap next year
Holy hell, I feel like we’ve been rumoured to have paid that debt off 6 times over in the last 2 years.

Bryce, get the f**k out the TAB mate, you’re a dud punter!

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
So just for a quick summary,

Based on the No Discussion Thread rumours right now have interest in;
Jackson Hately
Will Brodie
CCJ
Jye Caldwell

With no current rumoured interest in