Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if the approved new facility involves a liquor licence on site?

I'm interested in Brodie and CCJ, I don't think we're realistically in the Hunt for Caldwell when there are a few Vic clubs lining up for him.
Hatley could end up being pre season draft not sure if a need but better than Port having him

I'm interested in Brodie and CCJ, I don't think we're realistically in the Hunt for Caldwell when there are a few Vic clubs lining up for him.
Hatley could end up being pre season draft not sure if a need but better than Port having him

Why would they?

The days of a "clubroom" post-game are well and truly dead in professional sports (not just AFL), and if we were moving away from West Lakes, all it'd cause is to off-side whoever is there currently and make any bid have a lot more opposition to get though. Best you could hope for is we partner up with a pub or two that's already in the area and a get a faux clubroom thing going, similar to the Alberton Hotel.

What makes you think Will Brodie is more a want than Jackson Hately?

Brodie is contracted until 2022, Hately is out of contract.

So the rumour is that we negotiated paying off Gibbs gambling debt to get him to retire

Well, there goes our salary cap next year
I also heard recently from someone with connections to his Dad that the gambling debt is a myth, but the constant speculation about it has led to his mental health issues over the last couple of seasons. His wife’s miscarriage recently also took a massive effect on him mentally, understandably. As you’ve seen with the camp, the club prefers to say nothing than address rumours like this.

I also heard recently from someone with connections to his Dad that the gambling debt is a myth, but the constant speculation about it has led to his mental health issues over the last couple of seasons. His wife’s miscarriage recently also took a massive effect on him mentally, understandably. As you’ve seen with the camp, the club prefers to say nothing than address rumours like this.
Which is seriously poor PR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thought of him too. Probably most likely. He just does not fit Nicks gamestyle and with Tali returning we cannot afford to have 3 lock down defenders. It puts our backline completely out of balance, particularly for sling shot football.

Maybe he will be one of the players Rucci is stating will leave at seasons end. He may have read the tea leaves and seen his full time days in defence are in danger of being over at the Crows with Smith, Milera, Brown, Talia, Macasey, Butts, Hamill, McPherson all likely to be picked before him in future with possible exception of Butts.

Why would they?

The days of a "clubroom" post-game are well and truly dead in professional sports (not just AFL), and if we were moving away from West Lakes, all it'd cause is to off-side whoever is there currently and make any bid have a lot more opposition to get though. Best you could hope for is we partner up with a pub or two that's already in the area and a get a faux clubroom thing going, similar to the Alberton Hotel.
A "liquor license" doesn't mean a clubroom or pub.

If the club is going to spend this sort of money, then it would want to make the most out of the facility. That would include having a cafe (which was highlighted in the first concept drawings) and expect like most cafes, they will sell wine and beer

I expect they would also want to host functions and conferences, so would need to provide alcohol for similar occasions.

Unsure. But as has been stated before everything checks out.

Wines goes and gets Port a good Pick.
Crouch goes to port on the same money.
Crows get pick 2
Crouch and gf stay in Adelaide

Watch this space
No way in hell I'd allow that if i was running the club. Never, ever make your rival stronger

No way in hell I'd allow that if i was running the club. Never, ever make your rival stronger
Whoever get Crouch will be made stronger, so I don't know what you think they will do.

Why would we make Port of all clubs more likely to win? If he's going to go, make it to a club that won't impact our market share, exposure, sponsorship etc
If he says he wants to go to Port, he's 90% sure of getting there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back